gmail not working for notifications

Si, I have tried and tried and simply can not get my email to work with mt4

ive done everything I have found online about allowing less secure apps , port numbers, everything ive found so far and still always get "invalid email settings" and when its not that its "error connecting to smpt gmail"

anyone here know of a way to help me get this to work?

Thanks in advacne

I am not sure that I can help much. .. but I found one post and one small thread related to this subject - 

----------------

emails when my account takes a trade‌
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/171346 
Experts: Mail All Order Status Periodically
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/34775#comment_3849164

emails when my account takes a trade
emails when my account takes a trade
  • www.mql5.com
Hello guys, ‌Is it possible that MT5 send me an email to my private emailadres, when my account makes a trade...

markbburg:

Si, I have tried and tried and simply can not get my email to work with mt4

ive done everything I have found online about allowing less secure apps , port numbers, everything ive found so far and still always get "invalid email settings" and when its not that its "error connecting to smpt gmail"

anyone here know of a way to help me get this to work?

Thanks in advacne

If am right you are using mt4 under vps?

then is so contact your vps provider,

because when i had the same issue it was my vps that was blocking the mail port.

I have to change the mail port to something new before i can be able to get email from mt4 and mt5

if its your personal Computer  contact you internet provider, and let them know that you want to use mail port number  

Hakim Precious:

If am right you are using mt4 under vps?

then is so contact your vps provider,

because when i had the same issue it was my vps that was blocking the mail port.

I have to change the mail port to something new before i can be able to get email from mt4 and mt5

if its your personal Computer  contact you internet provider, and let them know that you want to use mail port number  

I once installed the free email server hMailServer and made Mt4 sent the mails locallyx to that server which sends them further to te world.

hMailServer - Free open source email server for Microsoft Windows
  • Martin Knafve
  • www.hmailserver.com
hMailServer is a free, open source, e-mail server for Microsoft Windows. It's used by Internet service providers, companies, governments, schools and enthusiasts in all parts of the world. It supports the common e-mail protocols (IMAP, SMTP and POP3) and can easily be integrated with many existing web mail systems. It has flexible...
Reason: