General - page 1793

GBP to hit $2?  (7)
This is very interesting. In November 2005, the pound was to hit $2 and then fell sharply back to the ground, and now it is attempting to hit $2 again. Also USDJPY is now going to hit 120 again after the failed attempt in November 2005. Do you think GBP will hit $2
Could someone show how to setup metatrader to send email alerts via the built in email. I am using gmail and cannot set it up. Thanks
  MA Slope  (9)
Is there an indicator, or can someone create an indicator that displays the slope of a moving average ? I would like to create an EA that works off of the slope such that when the slope increases to a certain point, and vice versa. Thanks
How do you calculate the moving Average of the CCI in an EA ? A two MA cross within a CCI would be very usefull in finding Exit points. I would like to calculate the difference in the CCI from the MA and enter/exit on a convergance/divergence.... math beyond my years
  Kurka Trader - GREEDY BS  (23   1 2 3)
BS stands for Bollinger bands and Stochcastic... Check out these results..
I keep getting the crash screen and latest is terminal caused an error in MFC42.DLL I have reloaded MT4 several times and downloaded latest build, any help please?
Hello, can you tell me what is the formula for margin level. I would like to calculate at what price my margin level will be at 75%. Thank you.
hi i couldn't manually add historical data (exactly, from sundays), after install build 200; all previously added candlesticks are missing and i'm not able to add any new ones; i increased number of max bars in options; after adding new candlestick, it's visible on the chart, but after mt...
Just wondering if any of you Wizards can create an Auto trade EA for the Super_Signals indicator? https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general Is there a better indicator that works on the same principal? Thanks
Hi there, I need some help with MT4 backtesting... I downloaded/imported/converted M1 data from Apari, but the tester still don't have it on the symbol dropdown list.... any ideas? TIA
  What has been working?  (21   1 2 3)
Hello, what Auto trading EA's have been working great? Trying to get started with this FX trading Thanks
I am looking to convert a VT system to MT4 as I firmly believe that MT4 is alot more stable ie been I'v trying it out for 6mths and no problems. I did not write the TS but have been using it for a while and know I could be more profitable with a stable plateform. So any help would be greatly...
When I specify a prefix for the new GlobalVariablesDeleteAll( ) function, all variables are still deleted. For example: GlobalVariablesDeleteAll( AccountNumber( ) + "_" ); What am I doing wrong?
Dear All, Today is 29Nov, I switch my chart to 5mins timeframe. But, I can only go back to see the historical data up to Sept. How can I see the data at May2006 ? Pls see my attachment thanks Carlo
  deinit()  (2)
In build 200 downloaded now, the deinit() function is not called from a custom indicator when changing the chart time frame.
  MetaTrader 4 MultiTerminal  (11   1 2)
MetaTrader 4 MultiTerminal, as a new component of the MetaTrader 4 Online Trading Platform, is intended for simultaneous management of multiple accounts. MetaTrader 4 MultiTerminal will be helpful for those managing investors' accounts and for traders that use multiple accounts simultaneously....
I have designed a module using tick data simulated from each minute bar stored in MT4 on buile 198, but after my recent login and upgraded to build 200, the result of my module changed quite a lot. By examing the history data of 1M EURUSD, I found no difference in source data. The only thing I can...
  Daily Trade forex Recommendation  (38   1 2 3 4)
Daily Trade forex Recommendation from http://investirent.info USDCHF USDCHF, like other currencies, is looking to determine its long-term trend. Currently it seemed to have been trapped between 1.2450 and 1.2600 levels. Short-term traders will have good opportunities to trade USDCHF for short trades...
I realize that all testing with the strategy tester is purely simulated from the data supplied. In testing an ea that I developed I noticed that particularly with the short trades the tester would take trades outside of the range of the candle for that period. This results in some huge errors being...
[Deleted]
my EA depends on a text file to open trades. the text file is created by an Indicator. the EA and the Indicator does not talk to each other, they communicate through the text file. the text file is in the format of "type @ price". now what my EA does is that it opens the text file to get two values...
  Downloading History  (17   1 2)
Hi Slawa, I delete all EURUSD M1 from the History center. Then I download it and get quotes from 04/01/1999 to 30/09/2006. (Very nice new feature !) Now I close the terminal and reopen it, then open a chart EURUSD M1 : the history is filled back from now to 01/11/2006 but there remains a one month...
I have found a system that would work well as an EA but i have absolutely no knowledge of programming so could someone please help me out? This is the outline of the system im using: 30min Chart A RSI that is set to 45, with a line of 50(the standard is 70 and 30) A 5 Period SMA. When the RSI line
  Simple strategy  (62   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
I have seen a very simple strategy system that work well on 1 min bar and 5 min bar , it neet a math genius and programmer savvy to make it smooth a little bit . There been some programmer working whit it seems like cant solf the problem . Cheeer
This is a another hybrid of 10Point3 with what I believe are some significant enhancements to improve trading success based on the Predator EA I posted in the Elite Section a few weeks ago. Predator has had some really good results so far (knock on wood). This EA scraps the standard MACD used in...
  Original lessons  (3)
Hi, where can I find the original lessons please? many thanks in advance
Slawa, I have noticed that if there is repetitive error 134 (no money) the expert will generate log messages until the entire space on the hard drive is overwritten There should be only one error message sent to log. It is nonsensical to keep sending same message over and over to the log.
What language is the MetaTrader EA/Indicator programming language most similar to? C? C++, VB? etc..
I think I have this correct: I move my trading laptop regularly between two locations, each with a wireless connection. WHen I do this, I put my laptop into hibernation (a Windows XP shutdown option). I also use OrderReliable, which is an include which attempts to retry entries and exits whenever