General - page 1792

On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the Interview with Merab Sturua has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/86/). Although his Expert Advisor is not in the Top Ten of the championship, Merab is a well-experienced trader. The Participant tells about Automated...
[Deleted]
This EA will be based off of the TSR Slope by Igor. I will share my tweaks with who builds it, since the S/L and T/P make all the difference. I have traded and tested this strategy for awhile and know there is alot more profit with an EA to trade overnight. Below are the perameters: Buy Bar Trend...
Hi back-testers, I am not sure do you face the same problem... I have followed thru the whole process on "how to obtain 90% modelling quality"... Delete acount, delete *.hst, download history data, 999999999999, import M1 data, convert into all the periods... And, i run some of the EAs and find...
I am using the following code to display the profit of my trades right on the chart: double accp = AccountProfit(); ObjectCreate("ap", OBJ_LABEL, 0, 0, 0); ObjectSetText("ap","Profit: $",14, "Arial Bold", White); ObjectSet("ap", OBJPROP_CORNER, 0); ObjectSet("ap", OBJPROP_XDISTANCE, 900);...
[Deleted]
Hi all. I've been trying to test the attached EA and keep on getting incredibly bizarre results (you'll know if you test it). They change with every broker and it seems that it may all be messed up because of MT4 build 200. The results I get are in some cases good profit, other cases, total loss...
  I need help  (1)
I am looking for expert adviros that would trade instead of me. Conditions: -SHORT: WHEN THIS BAR (1) IS CLOSED - IF THE FRACTAL IS ABOVE THE PREVIOUS BAR (2), AT THE OPENING OF THE NEXT BAR (3) GO SHORT! -LONG: WHEN THIS BAR (1) IS CLOSED - IF THE FRACTAL IS BELOW THE PREVIOUS BAR (2), AT...
Just wondering if this is possible, Is there any possible way to create EA that closes all open orders once a dot appears on chart? I would like to manually open all the orders so all I would want this ea to do is close all open orders once a dot appears, I only use one chart. Any way someone could...
  Funny  (9)
you guys are so funny You think that by using black boxes you will take money form those less than 10% traders who actually make money constantly. You are really optimists I read about hundereds and thousands of pips monthly. Well, it's really amusing. Don't you realise here how much time do you...
Hi ! I have a very profitable strategy and I need the best programer here to make an EA for me. I cannot easily explain WHY it works, but with the attached pic, it should be easy to make an EA : there are no indicators, only the price action...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the "Statistical Report #3" has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/84/). In this statistical report, we analyze 25 of the most profitable Expert Advisors as of the 20th of November. The analyses are aimed at description...
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems WSS clone
Hi, My knowledge of programming etc is limited to one book called 'Learn to program with visual basic 6' and whilst I could design a demon china shop price selection interface, when I come to my trading strat and hopeful, eventual API, I am at a loss. Can anyone here recommend some good reading to...
  GBP to hit $2?  (7)
This is very interesting. In November 2005, the pound was to hit $2 and then fell sharply back to the ground, and now it is attempting to hit $2 again. Also USDJPY is now going to hit 120 again after the failed attempt in November 2005. Do you think GBP will hit $2
Could someone show how to setup metatrader to send email alerts via the built in email. I am using gmail and cannot set it up. Thanks
  MA Slope  (9)
Is there an indicator, or can someone create an indicator that displays the slope of a moving average ? I would like to create an EA that works off of the slope such that when the slope increases to a certain point, and vice versa. Thanks
How do you calculate the moving Average of the CCI in an EA ? A two MA cross within a CCI would be very usefull in finding Exit points. I would like to calculate the difference in the CCI from the MA and enter/exit on a convergance/divergence.... math beyond my years
  Kurka Trader - GREEDY BS  (23   1 2 3)
BS stands for Bollinger bands and Stochcastic... Check out these results..
I keep getting the crash screen and latest is terminal caused an error in MFC42.DLL I have reloaded MT4 several times and downloaded latest build, any help please?
Hello, can you tell me what is the formula for margin level. I would like to calculate at what price my margin level will be at 75%. Thank you.
hi i couldn't manually add historical data (exactly, from sundays), after install build 200; all previously added candlesticks are missing and i'm not able to add any new ones; i increased number of max bars in options; after adding new candlestick, it's visible on the chart, but after mt...
Just wondering if any of you Wizards can create an Auto trade EA for the Super_Signals indicator? https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general Is there a better indicator that works on the same principal? Thanks
Hi there, I need some help with MT4 backtesting... I downloaded/imported/converted M1 data from Apari, but the tester still don't have it on the symbol dropdown list.... any ideas? TIA
  What has been working?  (21   1 2 3)
Hello, what Auto trading EA's have been working great? Trying to get started with this FX trading Thanks
I am looking to convert a VT system to MT4 as I firmly believe that MT4 is alot more stable ie been I'v trying it out for 6mths and no problems. I did not write the TS but have been using it for a while and know I could be more profitable with a stable plateform. So any help would be greatly...
When I specify a prefix for the new GlobalVariablesDeleteAll( ) function, all variables are still deleted. For example: GlobalVariablesDeleteAll( AccountNumber( ) + "_" ); What am I doing wrong?
Dear All, Today is 29Nov, I switch my chart to 5mins timeframe. But, I can only go back to see the historical data up to Sept. How can I see the data at May2006 ? Pls see my attachment thanks Carlo
  deinit()  (2)
In build 200 downloaded now, the deinit() function is not called from a custom indicator when changing the chart time frame.