Parabolic sar expert advisor for mt4 (PLEASE)

any one has parabolic sar expert advisor please?

thanx

thanx

thanx alot

i want expert advisor (parapolic sar )

that enter with 20 % of my balance

(all time frames)

buy when buy signal occurs and cloes old position,,, sell when sell signal occures and close the other position ( to be in market always)

Psar

3ammary:
thanx alot

i want expert advisor (parapolic sar )

that enter with 20 % of my balance

(all time frames)

buy when buy signal occurs and cloes old position,,, sell when sell signal occures and close the other position ( to be in market always)

Hi,

Before using your money on any advisor,check its performance,and the performance of the indicators it is based on..Betting 20% of your equity on 1 indicator & 1 tf is a losing proposition ...unless your indicator is a crystal ball..;)

PSAR(Parabolic stop and reverse ) is an exceptional indicator,BUT, as a minimum,you should use it on mtfs(multiple time frames..)..a few months ago I ran a 10 years test on all majors,D1 tf,to see if there were any single indicators/single timeframe(D1),that worked "entry and reverse,always in the market",with the same settings(no overfitting),for all majors..there were only 2 indicators that worked for at least 3 of the 4 majors..PSAR with settings 0.032,0.04,0.12..and,you are not going to believe it-I didn`t..but I do after several test and visual check-ins-,this is an indicator I thought of as a joke,that I knew about it almost about 12 years ago,that I haven,t even bothered to use- TD Sequential..astonishing but tested..and I am testing about its potential uses in my trading..but this is another story

I also found that using RSI on D1 tf,and adapting the period length to very short numbers..3,to 7 max days..worked fairly well..but you had to optimize for every currency pair..;)

So,before committing your money,just do a visual check of this indicator,that I attach here , it is a PSAR based on 3 tfs agreement,so,if you have an agreement of D1,H4,H1..or whatever 3 tfs you choose..you have an entry..you still have to decide about exit method..I suggest you check a wide range of exit strategies before committing any money into it

Good luck with your trading

Files:
psar3.gif  38 kb

Simba,

Nice indicator, thanks for sharing. I've been experimenting using multiple RSI time frames as an entry point. I'm having good results but would like to find a good method for exit. I was thinking of using PSAR as an exit signal. Do you think PSAR would be a good indicator for an exit only signal? The attachment shows capabilities of using RSI as entry AND exit. I would like a different exit strategy.

Files:
x92_ii.htm  21 kb

Simba,

I tried to call your indicator in an expert, the only value I get returned is 0. Am I coding this right? How would you code this to take entries and exits? Here is what I did:

I3SAR0=iCustom(NULL,0,"i-3SAR-Sig",0.02,0.2,60,0.02,0.2,240,0.02,0.2,0,0);

Print("I3SAR0 value =",I3SAR0);

I3SAR1=iCustom(NULL,0,"i-3SAR-Sig",0.02,0.2,60,0.02,0.2,240,0.02,0.2,1,0);

Print("I3SAR1 value =",I3SAR1);

Value is always showing 0 in back tester journal.

X92ii

wolfe:
Simba, Nice indicator, thanks for sharing. I've been experimenting using multiple RSI time frames as an entry point. I'm having good results but would like to find a good method for exit. I was thinking of using PSAR as an exit signal. Do you think PSAR would be a good indicator for an exit only signal? The attachment shows capabilities of using RSI as entry AND exit. I would like a different exit strategy.

Hi Wolfe,

1-You seem to have very good results with your system on H1,80% winning trades and av win= av loss..so,you have an edge..in theory

2-I don`t understand if you are using all the mtf rsi ,if that is the case ,using m5,m15,rsi on H1 tf will give you misleading results..if you are only using rsi 11 on h1,or rsi h1,h4(upper tfs),that is ok

3-Looks like you did a lot of optimization..now run the exact same parameters on a different period,and see if you overoptimized or still profitable..

4-PSAR for exits should work fine,you can use the one on your trading tf(h1) or a slightly higher tf(h4)..use standard settings first,then proceed with changing the settings..and once you find a profitable system,try it on a different period to check for overfitting

Regards

Expert

wolfe:
Simba,

I tried to call your indicator in an expert, the only value I get returned is 0. Am I coding this right? How would you code this to take entries and exits? Here is what I did:

I3SAR0=iCustom(NULL,0,"i-3SAR-Sig",0.02,0.2,60,0.02,0.2,240,0.02,0.2,0,0);

Print("I3SAR0 value =",I3SAR0);

I3SAR1=iCustom(NULL,0,"i-3SAR-Sig",0.02,0.2,60,0.02,0.2,240,0.02,0.2,1,0);

Print("I3SAR1 value =",I3SAR1);

Value is always showing 0 in back tester journal.

I still haven`t tried to build an expert with this indicator,though I plan to do in a few weeks..I will use the EA builder with a psar and then substitute the values for an iCustom with i-3SAR..and then check if it works on m30 tf

My technical capabilities are very limited,so,I can not give you a very specific reply,basically I think you have to use iClose and compare with the iCustom values for entries

Regards

SIMBA:
Hi Wolfe,

1-You seem to have very good results with your system on H1,80% winning trades and av win= av loss..so,you have an edge..in theory

2-I don`t understand if you are using all the mtf rsi ,if that is the case ,using m5,m15,rsi on H1 tf will give you misleading results..if you are only using rsi 11 on h1,or rsi h1,h4(upper tfs),that is ok

3-Looks like you did a lot of optimization..now run the exact same parameters on a different period,and see if you overoptimized or still profitable..

4-PSAR for exits should work fine,you can use the one on your trading tf(h1) or a slightly higher tf(h4)..use standard settings first,then proceed with changing the settings..and once you find a profitable system,try it on a different period to check for overfitting

Regards

Thank you for the kind advice Simba.

To answer your questions:

1. I was using all the MTF RSI's to get an entry signal. My theory was that it didn't matter what TF this particular EA was`attached to, all time frame RSI's have to agree and meet the same criteria before an entry can be made. I just happened to use H1 for my test.

2. Yes, I optimized the heck out of it. It sometimes works in other date sets, sometimes not. I need to find a way to adjust for what you call "overfitting" on my optimised parameters.

3. PSAR is the next item to try for exits, after I get some other issues resolved.

Regards

hi Simaba

i appreatiate all your information on different threads very much. thanks also now about sar and td sequential very much. you tested only on D1 time frime oder? so the information is only about this timefrime?

regards

lodol

A few years ago, I wrote an EA using a fast and a slow PSAR on the GBP/USD 30M chart. I tried numerous entry methods but always exited using the slower PSAR.

For example, if I had a "BUY" position and the price collided with the rising fast PSAR I would switch to the slow PSAR and keep going in the trading position. If the fast PSAR value once again was lower than the price, I switch back to that for the stoploss. But eventually, the price would hit the slow PSAR as a stoploss and the trade would close. I would do the reverse for a "SELL" position.

This backtested very well, reaching over 1 million dollars when starting with $2000 in only 1 year. But I lost $3500.00 out of a $6000.00 investment when I traded with real money. This taught me an expensive lesson...what backtests well and looks good on charts may not pan out with real trading. Now I test my ideas with a live demo. It's much slower and doesn't build confidence very fast, but I hope that will imitate money-trading well enough to develop a working strategy.

Reason: