General - page 1456

Does anyone know of this problem? I can't start metatrader. Yesterday I downloaded latest copy from metaquaotes and chatrs opened after install. But today, it doesn't start. I clicked on desktop icon, start menu icon and on actual terminal.exe in in the metatrader folder... and nothing happens. I...
the im tring to have likedList objects that have diffrent values but every time i tried the vales change for all of them when i attend to chang the type in side one eleament so i decided to make a structer for the class and now it crashies.
Hi all! I wonder,how and when to pyramid as soon as I see that trade is profitable. Is there any kind of indicator,calculator,tutorial,etc which can help me? Thanks
A question I often receive is, "How can there be more buyers or sellers at one price? Isn't there a buyer for every seller and a seller for every buyer?" The answer is yes, but people are forgetting one important thing. There is a bid and an ask (or offer), and only one of them can be traded at a...
Hi i used to count number of open orders using OrdersTotal but in mql5 the code is not working well. Here is my mql4 code that now doesnt work in mql5 if(OrdersTotal()>0){ for(int i=1; i<=OrdersTotal(); i++) // Cycle searching in orders { if (OrderSelect(i-1...
Hi does anyone know how to color volume bars according to price bars metatrader 5
i have attached price crossing moving average EA and i have manually seen and evaluated it performance. if following amendments are made, it will the most profitable EA, i have ever seen --Show settings parameter should be removed --Risk parameter should be removed --Account Micro parameter should...
I am using MT5 Build 470 and I am getting "tester agent synchronization errors" when I try to test my EA's. The terminal is connected and my Time is ticking, so everything looksok, and I also use the built in EA samples and I get the samesynchronization errors. How do I fix this "tester agent...
&nbsp;Hello i use this indicators with &nbsp;metatrader 4 &nbsp;but I want to use them in metatrader5.&nbsp;Can somebody help me
with these parameters: BUY if EMA8>EMA21>EMA55 SELL if EMA8<EMA21<EMA55 CLOSED POSITIONS when EMA8 across EMA21; same value no buy/sell. Mangement stop loss, take profit, trailing stop, lots, etc. Thank a lots.
Hello everyone, I'm Spanish and do not write very well English, forgive if spelling. I'm a newbie with MQL4 MQL5 and I am trying to run this function of the MQL5 help book. void OnStart()   {       uchar An;              for(char A=-128;A<=127;A++)       {          An=A;          Print("A = ",A," An...
Hello, iam writing an EA and i use a custom indicator, that custom indicator script includes another file #include <SignMod.mqh> In that file is a function, called: int getSignal(int cVal); Normally the indicator calls the function and works with return value from getSignal(). How can i use...
Hello @ all... I have a for while, 0-19 steps an i have 20 functions to call: getDate_1(); .... to ........ getDate_20(); How can i call that with 1 Call() in that while? // Daten for(int sc=1; sc<21; sc++){  // Signal  test = "getDate_"+sc+"()"; how i do the call??? } thanks for your help ;)
First of all, thank u for all MetaQuotes programmer to deploy some debugger option for programmers. but, iam bit confused, about watch window, could somebody to help me or explain this: Simply define a loop with internal variable, and i add the "watch" variable to the watch window for(int i=0;...
I'm tryng to design an Object Oriented EA for quantitative analysis and I'm in trouble with Timeseries. I'll try to explain: -I want to store in an object the history of a symbol for a timeframe from a certain date in the past (startdate) to date of initialization of object (initdate) to an...
How to Calculate with date and times? On several places there are comments like the following (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/688): datetime t; MqlDateTime mdt; TimeToStruct(t,mdt); mdt.day += 45; //or mdt.day = 50; //50 days from the beginning of the month //or mdt.hour += 134; //134 hours...
  Magic numbers  (1)
Hi, I am having some difficulty understanding the way magic numbers are used in MQL5. If I declare a global variable my_magic = 12345 and then in the onTick() function if I try to place only one buy order would the POSITION_MAGIC, ORDER_MAGIC and the DEAL_MAGIC be the same as my_magic? If magic...
Hello, I have MT5 Demo with Build 468. Local Time: 19:10, 2011.06.22, Berlin Time. The bid price line on the Charts of EURUSD (20 minutes and 2 hours) shows 1.44039. The Market Watch window shows 1.43987. The price line on the Charts (EURUSD) is not correct. What is the matter? The price line on
Can someone help in coding an indicator that draws horizontal lines when prices are fibo numbers. For example using EURUSD, the indicator should be able draw lines when price are levels: 1.4144, 1.4233, 1.4377,1.4610 etc; Note the fibo numbers in red colours are the ones to be drawn on the chart...
  Best strategy for a beginner?  (45   1 2 3 4 5)
Hi, I only started trading in Forex and I've only used stop loss and take profit risk management options. I've not really used a known Forex strategy. So, I was wondering what's the best strategy for a beginner? Something that is simple and easy to understand. Regards, Cortney
Hi I am lookong to code an exponential moving average 14. I know a litttle about coding and I am trying to use the Moving Average ea that comes with the mt4 download as a guide. that one is set at 12. How do you decifer simple ma from exponential in the code, and what is extern double...
  Funding forex accounts  (13   1 2)
Hi, I have a basic question on funding and trading: If I fund my account in EUR and would like to trade USD/CHF (buy) does that mean I will have my initial deposit exchanged (with an unknown rate) to USD first? And when I sell I'll get USD again and when I withdraw the amount will be exchanged...
High i have a mql4 EA that uses the iMA() function to trade using moving averages. In mql5 ive noticed the function misses a key parameter the bar shift which is the last parameter in the mql4 version and i cant figure a way to do this alternatively. Can someone please tell me how to read moving...
I want to calculate the profit of last closed position as it would by traded with 0.1 LOT, but have a problem with understanding the MQL5 concept. I try this code but it doesn't work, could somebody help, or refer to some code where is discused similar problem bool...
hello all attache is a simple trade management script( goes in script folder) for MT4 Once open a trade just drag&drop it to the chart and you can move SL/TP my mouse It also have trailing stop (optional) SL/TP are Hidden for broker. It has magic number to manage trades. However i like to somone...
Hi Guys, I'm sure this must have been asked and answered a hundred time before but somehow I can't seem to find the right answers... I am looking for an MQL4 code snippet or preferrably an existing EA that closes trades in two parts based on the ATR. Let's say I open a trade manually. The EA must
I am trying to modify the following code to return the last deal price by order type in history. Can anyone help. The code as is, is returning the last open price, but does not distinguish between BUYS or SELLS. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|...
When I run strategy tester, it runs all 1 month for like a seconds. What I need is to see each tick and price is moving visually.  I do not know where to check this option. Please help. Thanks. 
Hi, I have a problem that the latest release does handle DLLs containing unmanaged exports from C#. Try to compile and run any example found in following articles for reference Exposing C# code to MQL5 using unmanaged exports and Using MetaTrader 5 Indicators with ENCOG Machine Learning Framework...