General - page 1451

how can it be done ? i am trying to create a new EA based on reversal candlestick patterns a as described in https://www.mql5.com/en/code/268 I have copied the file signalcandles.mqh under the MQL5\Include\Expert\Signal folder but i still don't see this signal in the wizard thanks for your...
I am trying to use the Expert Advisor generation wizard of the MetaEditor to generate an EA based on Force Index, ADX and OsMA indicators. I can't seem to find these indicators listed. Can someone point me to how to generate these through the wizard.
who uses unicode with only digits? is there anyone who uses this unicode style in financial data? client or developer? at least, we would be able to select the type of file to export , not being forced to export in a format which most of us cannot use directly can someone please shed some light on
Hi, My EA pyramids (x3) into a position with max lots per position, set to 5. When I Buy to close or Sell to close out all positions, I could be closing 15 lots max. I understand that there is a 5lot max per order in the comp, but closing out the positions in one order, would essentially be greater...
Hi! Suggest to add in the length of time a data item on backtesting  report of MT5,in order to observe the performance of EA 
Having 5 decimals on the charting annoys and confuses me. Plus it's now how I do accounting for my trading. I use only 4 decimals. Is there a setting I can change?
Hello, according to the MT5 information, MT5 supports trading of futures as well as stocks. Does anyone know of a broker which plans to implement MT5 trading for futures and / or stocks, as well as forex?
Subject says it: having an adjustable leverage in teh Strategy tester as well as this information included in reports would be advantageous
Hi everyone, I have a question about working with existing indicators on a chart. I am trying to write a script that has access to the indicators attached to the current chart. They show up when I run ChartIndicatorsTotal() but when I cannot get the handles for them. Any ideas? Thanks...
here is result from ATC testing -- 1 errors: expert takes too long time (more than 20 minutes) If the testing of an Expert Advisor takes more than 20 minutes, it will not pass the check due to excessive consumption of resources. The rule is unfair for Multi pairs EA! if only one pair spend 5
I'm operating in MT4  so whem a order is solved it is moved for the historic with another number. My idea is to create a script with offers a field in the historic. with the original order number. Is this, folks.
Hi all, could anyone explain if it possible to trade forex on paypal and the risks that are involved? Thanks for your response
Unfortunately, for reasons beyond our control , our provider's data center in Germany, where we had a server rack with a large number of servers, was disconnected from the network on the 29th of August. The disconnection affected only the internet channel of the data center and did not affect the
I was fortunate enough to be on the right side of the SNB announcement yesterday, but it has made me think about my risk. Did anybody trade through the announcement and see the action? Did it jump straight to 1.20? Did anybody have any stop or entry orders? How were these filled? Be great to hear...
Hi there! I want to upload my EA and File but I receive an error that Sever Temporary is unavailable! my file is in CSV format and about 15MB and will extend to around 20MB in a week. It's about a year I am working on my EA and want to participate in this competition! please help me...
  EASY system EA  (2)
Hey guys, This is a nice system which its name is EASY and I mix it with some other stuff,I coded it myself and share it here (and some other forums)to take a look and gather your suggestions to make it better. If you have any Qs about coding or system just ask here.
  possible bug  (1)
I am getting false in the alert output of this code where I am expecting true. Can some body please tell me if I am wrong? [CODE] MqlRates myRates[] int copied=CopyRates(_symbol, _period, 0, bar_count, myRates); ArraySetAsSeries(myRates, true); if(copied<=0)...
Hi I have a function which I might need to use in future codes. I might write more functions later to use as well. Should I select the Library or Include  option in the wizard? and why? and then in my code "trying to make it as lean as possible" #import "myUtilities.ex5"    function name and...
Hi I am thinking, why bother and ArraySetAsSeries(low, true) where one can work with low[rates_total] as if it was low[0]? Why did the MQL5 developers set the arrays index with in OnCalculate (like low and high) so that the index 0 is at the start of the chart and not the most current? Is there a
When I compile an ea that has errors, in the tab errors (description) it mentions a line number but the actual line highlighted in the code is not the same line. Actually it takes you one line after the error. Please fix it. Thanks
Hi I am trying to get the index of the lowest low of a range of bars. The following idea is not working. Could you please suggest. thx //--- code heading MqlRates rates[]; //--- insdie the OnInit ArraySetAsSeries(rates,true); CopyRates(name,myPeriod,0,200,rates); //--- inside the...
  RSI EA needed  (2)
On the 1M EUR/USD Chart with the RSI set at 14, I buy at the 65 mark and close at the 50 mark. Vice versa, I sell at the 35 mark and close at the 50 mark. I have been using this strategy manually with success and would like to use a RSI EA to perform the transactions. Anyone
Stop orders are often used to try to protect profits. Take the stop order to another dimension and use it to reverse your position and open another trading possibility! When you place a stop order, it is only activated if the market trades at or through the stop price. These stop prices are often...
I just down loaded mql5 and love this player when it come to past history. Is there a way to use this player to do simulated trades off line: Where you can place a simulated trade and setting up a chart in the same manor like the forex tester software. Just had to ask this question....
Hi Is there a way to let this board notify me when reply is posted to a thread I am following? thx
[Deleted]
Exactly what is stacksize ? And when should you use this? Could someone give an example
Hi In the Navigator window, under Indicators > Trend. I see few indicators, I like to place a breakpoint and step over the steps to learn how few of them work. But do not know how to open them in the MetaEditor since I can not find them in the Navigator window there. thx
Hello everybody, let's say that if one would like to develop an Expert Advisor(for commercial use), are there any fees for licensing to pay to Metatrader corporation? Or are there any other copyright issues to obey? Thanks for your answers in advance.
Hi all, On Monday, We will be releasing a new beta version of the Expert Advisor Visual Wizard, our tool to create eas for mt5 without any coding. See http://www.molanis.com/products/expert-advisor-visual-wizard This version will allow a 10 day free trial (Registration is required) so you can...
I am not able to access over the past few days...anyone here have the same experience with me?