General - page 1458

Are there any fo MT5?
Seems I've tracked down why some of my EA code wasn't working, there's a subtle bug. I've created a series of overloaded functions to do simple things like find the maximum of two integers. So, for example, there is one: uint fn__max( const uint in_a, const uint in_b ) { if ( in_a >= in_b )...
Hello, in MQL5 we have OnTick() to see that there was quote update. But how ayout account information properties? For example, if the balance, leverage or something else accounr related changes, how can one simply test this? It would be a pain to test all properties explicitly. Do you know of...
  Expert Advisor  (1)
After creating my expert advisor (EA), when i attach the EA to a chart it automatically opens a position which in my opinion the EA conditions are not met. Any Help ?
  MyHope V2  (1)
Here is the current state of my present EA. MyHope v2. You cannot backtest it, as it gets it's values from the indicators on the chart. You will need to place the indis on the chart for it to work.myhopev2.mq43_level_zz_semafor.ex4qta_v3.ex4
I've been making EAs for a few years now, and although I may not be a master of MT4, I have picked up a number of tricks along the way. I've finally reached the point where I have two systems running on real money, doing well, and I thought I would make a quick thread with tips for those getting...
Hi guys, can someone make one out of the ZigZag indicator which will give me an alarm when I go on long or short? The settings are: EXTDEPTH: 5 EXTDEVIATION: 2 EXTBACKSTEP: 3 When the last peak at the bottom is broken down: Short When the last top tip is broken: Long. Furthermore, a line should
Dear All, GMI proudly announce the smart Horizon EA, We have got many requests on our GMI Trend EA that most of clients cant do the mathematics of calculating the Risk, that's why we create new signal in the site starting balance 10,000$ with 1% risk in each deal 100K fixed deal size. So It...
I'd made the mistake of attempting to test my EA's ability to download history data and have found the speed from the access.metaquotes5.com server to be *extremely* slow. At first I thought it was because I was running Windows in a VirtualBox emulator, but my server has a 100Mbps connection direct...
Hello, I really don't get the difference between the OrderSend() and PositionOpen() Methods. 1) With both it is possible to open positions? 2) If I'm not using pending orders at all, why would I need to use OrderSend()? 3) Why not always using the OrderSend() method for all kinds of request? Why...
INTRODUCTION I have learned a few things after thousands of hours fighting with MQL4 and I want to share some of it. Here is my qualifications: I am not a professional programmer but have written an EA that is 20 or 30 pages long. And yet it will backtest (on H1 with 1 minute data, on Ticks) in...
Has anyone out there experienced problems with the iLow() indicator function? I just recently coded an EA that compared the iLow() to the lower band of the iBand() indicator function. For both functions I used a 15 minute interval for the calculation. The actual code I utilized was the following:...
how can I let the demo account for never expired?
Good evening to all experts here, Actually i'm looking for a simple EA which is able to help me close the trade by only 1 standard indicator . I hope that i can do it by my own. That's why i'm looking for a template which is similar with it then i can edit it and learn some coding skill. Anyone can...
Almost all brokers use the same default settings. How come that combination of black, green and white is the best. Regards Josef P.s I prefer white background.
Dear coders, I wish to challenge you to post the shortest possible code to execute the following functions: - hide SL/TP: true or false - SL and TP - Trailingstart - Trailingstop - Trailingstep These order modifications are intended to be placed after orders have been opened on an ECN server. So far...
I'm trying to create a simple function that generates a random number using seconds. I'm having trouble getting the value of seconds.The what is wrong? this is the function. int NewNumberRand(void) { MqlDateTime timetoRand; int timeSeconds; int result=0; timeSeconds =...
September 13th, 2011 Important Financial Indicators of the day Forecast Previous Public Holiday for Hong...
US Forex brokers profitability report for Q2 2011 | Forex Magnates According to this statistic being a Dealing desk broker is very profitable. Let's net traders' profit are equal to net loss. So we have 20-40% net broker's profit. Am I right? Regards Josef
Under live trading MQL4 has an F7 option: Ask (for) manualconfirmation. Does MQL5 have a similar option?
[Deleted]
  New Signal  (4)
Do you know of any sites / tools that'd let me: * Graph the weekly return of an index (let's say the S&P 500) vs. my weekly forex account return? * Graph the weekly % fluctuation of an index vs. my weekly forex account % fluctuation? It can be done through MT or whatever, but I want the charts...
how can it be done ? i am trying to create a new EA based on reversal candlestick patterns a as described in https://www.mql5.com/en/code/268 I have copied the file signalcandles.mqh under the MQL5\Include\Expert\Signal folder but i still don't see this signal in the wizard thanks for your...
I am trying to use the Expert Advisor generation wizard of the MetaEditor to generate an EA based on Force Index, ADX and OsMA indicators. I can't seem to find these indicators listed. Can someone point me to how to generate these through the wizard.
who uses unicode with only digits? is there anyone who uses this unicode style in financial data? client or developer? at least, we would be able to select the type of file to export , not being forced to export in a format which most of us cannot use directly can someone please shed some light on
Hi, My EA pyramids (x3) into a position with max lots per position, set to 5. When I Buy to close or Sell to close out all positions, I could be closing 15 lots max. I understand that there is a 5lot max per order in the comp, but closing out the positions in one order, would essentially be greater...
Hi! Suggest to add in the length of time a data item on backtesting  report of MT5,in order to observe the performance of EA 
Having 5 decimals on the charting annoys and confuses me. Plus it's now how I do accounting for my trading. I use only 4 decimals. Is there a setting I can change?
Hello, according to the MT5 information, MT5 supports trading of futures as well as stocks. Does anyone know of a broker which plans to implement MT5 trading for futures and / or stocks, as well as forex?
Subject says it: having an adjustable leverage in teh Strategy tester as well as this information included in reports would be advantageous