General - page 1463

First of all, thank u for all MetaQuotes programmer to deploy some debugger option for programmers. but, iam bit confused, about watch window, could somebody to help me or explain this: Simply define a loop with internal variable, and i add the "watch" variable to the watch window for(int i=0;...
I'm tryng to design an Object Oriented EA for quantitative analysis and I'm in trouble with Timeseries. I'll try to explain: -I want to store in an object the history of a symbol for a timeframe from a certain date in the past (startdate) to date of initialization of object (initdate) to an...
How to Calculate with date and times? On several places there are comments like the following (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/688): datetime t; MqlDateTime mdt; TimeToStruct(t,mdt); mdt.day += 45; //or mdt.day = 50; //50 days from the beginning of the month //or mdt.hour += 134; //134 hours...
  Magic numbers  (1)
Hi, I am having some difficulty understanding the way magic numbers are used in MQL5. If I declare a global variable my_magic = 12345 and then in the onTick() function if I try to place only one buy order would the POSITION_MAGIC, ORDER_MAGIC and the DEAL_MAGIC be the same as my_magic? If magic...
Hello, I have MT5 Demo with Build 468. Local Time: 19:10, 2011.06.22, Berlin Time. The bid price line on the Charts of EURUSD (20 minutes and 2 hours) shows 1.44039. The Market Watch window shows 1.43987. The price line on the Charts (EURUSD) is not correct. What is the matter? The price line on
Can someone help in coding an indicator that draws horizontal lines when prices are fibo numbers. For example using EURUSD, the indicator should be able draw lines when price are levels: 1.4144, 1.4233, 1.4377,1.4610 etc; Note the fibo numbers in red colours are the ones to be drawn on the chart...
  Best strategy for a beginner?  (45   1 2 3 4 5)
Hi, I only started trading in Forex and I've only used stop loss and take profit risk management options. I've not really used a known Forex strategy. So, I was wondering what's the best strategy for a beginner? Something that is simple and easy to understand. Regards, Cortney
Hi I am lookong to code an exponential moving average 14. I know a litttle about coding and I am trying to use the Moving Average ea that comes with the mt4 download as a guide. that one is set at 12. How do you decifer simple ma from exponential in the code, and what is extern double...
  Funding forex accounts  (13   1 2)
Hi, I have a basic question on funding and trading: If I fund my account in EUR and would like to trade USD/CHF (buy) does that mean I will have my initial deposit exchanged (with an unknown rate) to USD first? And when I sell I'll get USD again and when I withdraw the amount will be exchanged...
High i have a mql4 EA that uses the iMA() function to trade using moving averages. In mql5 ive noticed the function misses a key parameter the bar shift which is the last parameter in the mql4 version and i cant figure a way to do this alternatively. Can someone please tell me how to read moving...
I want to calculate the profit of last closed position as it would by traded with 0.1 LOT, but have a problem with understanding the MQL5 concept. I try this code but it doesn't work, could somebody help, or refer to some code where is discused similar problem bool...
hello all attache is a simple trade management script( goes in script folder) for MT4 Once open a trade just drag&drop it to the chart and you can move SL/TP my mouse It also have trailing stop (optional) SL/TP are Hidden for broker. It has magic number to manage trades. However i like to somone...
Hi Guys, I'm sure this must have been asked and answered a hundred time before but somehow I can't seem to find the right answers... I am looking for an MQL4 code snippet or preferrably an existing EA that closes trades in two parts based on the ATR. Let's say I open a trade manually. The EA must
I am trying to modify the following code to return the last deal price by order type in history. Can anyone help. The code as is, is returning the last open price, but does not distinguish between BUYS or SELLS. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|...
When I run strategy tester, it runs all 1 month for like a seconds. What I need is to see each tick and price is moving visually.  I do not know where to check this option. Please help. Thanks. 
Hi, I have a problem that the latest release does handle DLLs containing unmanaged exports from C#. Try to compile and run any example found in following articles for reference Exposing C# code to MQL5 using unmanaged exports and Using MetaTrader 5 Indicators with ENCOG Machine Learning Framework...
Is it possible to add local time for the calendar event? We can rename the current "Time" column to " Server Time ", then add a column "Local Time". And also is it possible to add a right menu item to go to the next event directly instead of scrolling down the list to find ourselves. These new
is there a chat room on irc for coading help
I have an EA that seems to be working fine on my demo account with FXDD but it will not run on my live account with IBFX. I get a error code 103. Any suggestions???
Hi Everyone, We're going to be posting our statements here everyday. It's always good to keep track of trading and be able to look back and see where you were and where you currently stand. Our Goal is to make High profits Safely! Our Results till now, in about 1 Week Gain: 46% Profit Factor 3.2...
Development of the second version of the MQL5 Wizard is in full swing. This new version will offer a unique opportunity to generate Expert Advisors based on a set of signals. The new feature will enable users to create multiple Expert Advisors with different algorithms and parameters. The most...
I've been trying to put together an EA for a manual system that I use. I've been using the Expert Advisor Builder, but I believe it's limiting what I've been trying to put together. I use the EMA4 (close price) and the LWMA25 (median price). The RSI 14 and the Stoch (5,3,2). When the 4 crosses the...
i downloaded MT5 from metaquotes site, and i have 21 currency crosses. they all appear in the photo i attached but i want more :-) for example, i want GBP/AUD , GBP/NZD , GBP/CAD etc'. can i add those crosses to MT5?
There are more concept in MT4, postions, order,deal .how can I know the position be closed and get the profit of this postion? Is there any sample code to learn and share? thanks
Hey guys, I am currently running round numbers ea by Kenny Hubbard with a 5 pip trailing stop and 50 pip stoploss. I have run numerous backtests and forward tests and it is yet to lose twice in a row.... it usually wins 96% of the time. So I was thinking that with a loss at 0.1 lots will be $50...
  Just eurusd and just eurgbp  (40   1 2 3 4)
JUST EURUSD signal Link: just EURUSD | Rent a Signal Performance:JUST EURUSD System | Myfxbook JUST EURGBP signal Link: JUST EURGBP | Rent a Signal Performance:JUST EURGBP System | Myfxbook JUST GBPUSD signal Link: JUST GBPUSD | Rent a Signal Performance: JUST GBPUSD System | Myfxbook Initial...
[Deleted]
I am trying to see how to write a script (or use 1 already out there) for the days I am away. What I am looking for is a script that will put an OrderSend() at a specific time. I have already written the script to do the specific trade...just looking to put the order in the night before and not...
Hi, This function does not exist in MQL4, does the Metaquote team give the code/algo we can translate in MQL4? Regards, Olivier 
Today I found all my open charts gone. Except 4m chart. What happened? It's very frustrating to see them go away. I just saw I can save profiles (my mistake here) What could have overwrite the default profile? But it's there a possibility to recover my lost charts? There where lots of...