General - page 1741

[Deleted]
i want to add some demo accounts to metatrader4. what are the ip addresses and ports for some servers other that ibfx? If anyone could be so kind as to provide them. Thanks
Hello Scorpion, Can you (or someone) on the forum please modify the attached indicator (OR CREATE FROM SCRATCH) so that I can manuallly input a high and low value and when these values are reached the histogram would be green when above the high value and red when below the low value and when...
Hi guys, Im busy testing a system and i was wondering if its possible to make an indicator that changed the colour of the price candle when a certain criteria is met? For example, i have a moving average and a MACD histogram on my chart, when both of them turn upwards(the slope) i want the price
Hi, For one custom Indicator, I lost the Input tab in Properties window!!! There are several "extern" defined and sometime back it was working correctly. Now this tab does not appear and it is very difficult to change settings for different charts. For all other indicators I can see the Input...
is looking impressive. has taken 8 trades in 10 days and only has one loss. Yeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaawwwww is this possible/ or will it flop the second I go live?
[Deleted]
How can I test for the symbol that is being traded so I can run an if statement to round my entry price? I need to use the NormalizeDouble command to round the price for 4 digit and 2 digit currencies. The OrderSend command won't accept a currency that is not rounded to the approriate decimal....
What does this message mean?
[Deleted]
if any body has an indicator or expert that is similar to this please could i have a look at it. thanks. basically if there is 3 bullish bars in a row it buys if there are 3 bearish bars in a row it sells. once it has bought or sold it must put a stop at -10 pips and must take profit after 10 pips...
  trailing SL  (2)
CAn someone please tell me how to change SL and TP after you are already in a trade using mtatrader 4 demo? Cheeers
[Deleted]
  HAS Indicator  (9)
As im not a programmer, I would appreciate some input. I have tried to add arrows to the following indicator (HAS) so that a change in color of a closed bar is marked out on the chart. Based upon online tutorials, I took the original indicator and made some changes, I compiled it and it comes up...
  Ea ? Mt4  (1)
I currently testing a EA in demo mode on MT4 ? would changing lot sizes affect weather or not I get filled or where I got filled. developer buys two full lots and I to adjust my risk size appropraite to my acct. and put like .5 also when testing an ea are most people getting exact same fills in...
I've an indicator using iCustom() returning a double value which in turn generates true/false value stored into a variable (named signal). On each tick the generated value might change. Loginc is: when signal's value is true indicator value is set and an arraow is drawn. When value is false...
Hi. Started to explore MT. Learning what init, deinit, start functions are. int init() { Print("init"); return(0); }int deinit() { Print("deinit"); return(0); }int start() { Print("start"); return(0);} Messages of init and deinit will appear in the log shown in the tab Experts of...
Hello, Id like to know where i could find or find a way to get a script that will open and close positions based on crossovers of moving averages , like MA 3periods and MA 6periods on a 4hour chart. Example:- MA 3periods crossover and falls below MA 6periods, the script must automatically open short
In addition to the news, large bank transactions cause spikes in currencys. It is my uderstanding that many of these banks ( according to a friend at B of A ) make weekly transfers at a regulary scheduled time. What I am trying to do is identify these times before they happen and adjust my EA...
this is probably easy for you guys but i need someone to edit an indicator for me. i will add the indicator. what i need is someone to reprogram the file to export a .csv file instead of .prn. and also to remove the "time" column so that there is only "date""open""high""low""close" columns. i hope
  GAP Trader  (4)
Here is a little contribution to this site... Its called the Gap Trader. It basically takes 1 position per week based on the Gap between The market Close price on Friday and the Open price on Sunday. Allot of the time the GAP will refill.... Hence Profit from this system. Test it out works best when...
  Help please!!!  (1)
Hi ,I would like to know why my computer sometime shut down by itself during the night...because i have an EA on my computer and if the computer is close and i don't know, the EA is not working on my accouint ,so if somebody can help me knows where to look, maybe there is a setting on my computer...
I'm just starting trade in1 month..so i must take a lot to study forex...this forum gives me opportunities to take action instantly....glad to join this forum...thanks friends....
Hi Slawa, 1) Can I share ex4 library modules between the terminals? In other words can I have have common ex4 module library in the directory from which the terminal_dir client terminal was launched. I understand that the above can be done with dll module libraries. 2) Can I convert ex4 modules...
Updated MetaTrader 4 build 204 has been released. What’s new: 1. MQL4: Fixed operation of function WindowFirstVisibleBar() if it is called from function init() of a custom indicator. 2. MQL4: Improved code optimization. 3. Fixed displaying of the "Text" object after a time coordinate has been...
Hi fellows, I was trying to convert my mql4 program to mql2. I have a few questions here. 1. Is magic use in mql2? 2. What are the way I can select my trades? OrderSelect() don't seems to be available. 3. The mql2 seems to be running in a single block of code. Is there user defined function{}...
1) My copy of the MetaTrader 3 API reports version 372014 via MtGetVersion (I assume 3.72?). Where can I get the latest version 3? This post reports version 3.85 "api question" 2) The fxPadawan finally has some success with pumping mode on Mac OSX using Wine 0.9.33. However, in Demo and Live...
gbp/usd now is at 1.9926. I look from there will jump till 1.9969 or 1.2011 my suggest is buy now 1.9930 for tgt profit 1.9936 with stop loss 1.9910 (bid).
I'm getting error #130, "Invalid stops" I know you're going to ask for my code, but I can assure you my stops are set at a minimum of 10 pips away from the entry. MarketInfo states stop level is at 5 pips. Off the top of your head, does anyone know what might be causing this problem??
[Deleted]
I have 2 questions regarding this indicator. Hopefully someone can help me out. 1) Any idea why this indicator will not update/paint without a manual screen refresh? Why does'nt it simply update the plots as new data is processed? It will only show new plots if you redraw the screen. ???? 2) Does...
  Arrows  (2)
Hi Slava, I have two MT4, 204 builds one running on Interbank and second on FXDD accounts. On FXDD the arrows are displayed on the circular background. How do suppress this background.
BBRSI indicator could be found here: Dynamic indicators thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172919
Hi, the one big thing that metatrader lacks is support for timeframes of any length. Is there any plan to offer support for more timeframes in metatrader?
  Stochastic  (10)
i know this can be done, can someone please make the Stochastic indicator that paints candles on the main window like the below except one color for over 80 and another color for between 80-20 and another color for below 20 thanks alot