General - page 1352

To post a new topic, please log in or register
Hi All, I'm having trouble using File Read/Write functions in MT4. In order to test these functions, i wrote the following code which tries to read an array from file A.csv and then write back the values into file B.csv. #property copyright "Copyright © 2005, MetaQuotes Software Corp." #property...
I am trying to learn how to code for Metatrader. Is there a reference manual (eg pdf, chm) available in English? I cant even find anywhere in english the list of the inbuild functions eg: iMACD() When I am in the MetaEditor (version 4 build 137) The help is in Russian, and sadly my Russian is...
Currently at the moment I am running an indicator that basically plots pivots lines. now the issue I have is that sometimes after awhile the indicator appears to stop workng and all the object lines that I have drawn disappear from the screen. The only solution to get the lines to redraw is to...
MetaTrader 4. Build 158. 1. Added english help-file of MetaEditor. 2. Added hotkeys "Shift+F12" for backward shift of the active chart on 1 bar. 3. At the first calling historical data (ArrayCopySeries, indicators on other periods) from MQL4 programs in field "LastError" the mistake with number...
My expert advisor has been working fully for over a week now. I edited a single number today (which should not cause an error) in a calculation in the expert and noticed that now it runs as though it were a blank expert. Metatrader says it has compiled it, but in the journal, this message comes up...
  API in Delphi (1)
Is this possible to get MetaTrader 3 API and examples in Borland Delphi ?? Regards Rafael
  Linux (7)
Hello again, are u planning to create a client version for LINUX-OS as well???
  Renko (5)
Hi Guys, Is there any way to implement Renko charts in MetaTrader 4 ? Cheers Martin
  MT4 API (1)
Hello MetaQuotes, Do you perhaps have an estimate release date for the MetaTrader 4 API? I am very anxious to get my hands on it. Will the API just be a ported version of the functions available in the MetaTrader 3.xx API, or will it include more options? What languages do you plan to offer the API...
Hello, I have been testing Metatrader 4 Beta and i found Metatrader Data Center in this web site just a few minutes ago. What does it do exactly? I was looking for some documentation but i wasn't able to find it. Thanks, Miguel
I have Metatrader 4 build 1.55. I would like to see how the strategy tester works before I set to work on learning the language and building my own tests. I add the expert advisor "MACD Sample" to my chart. It seems not to do anything. But it does put MACD Sample and a smiley face in the top right...
Is there a way to convert the HST file to metastock 8 or 9 so that I can build a test strategy and backtest? I have metaquotes 4 build 157. the history centre doesnt seem to work in it.
Hello, Does anyone have this Indicator coded in MT4? Thanks for your Time EK
Hi I implemented a trading system in metatrader a demo account ,I allowed live trade ,but is not working no excution or signals of buy or sell orders. please till me what is the problem thankyou
Can anybody please share one year back- - - - intraday tic data for major forex pairs ? Thank you, Sarbot
Hello MT4 Folks, If I wanted to created a new library, is that considered an Expert or a Custom Indicator? At First i tried it as a script but thats not right because scripts cant be compiled. Thanks for your Time EK
Hello, How do I convert my custom indicator (MySignal) into iMySignal? just like the sample EA MACD uses the iMACD version of the MACD? Thank you for your Time EK
Hello, Lets say my EA has placed several trades that are still open. Then MT4 is closed and exited after some time MT4 is re-opened. Can I use OrderSelect to retrieve all open trades that my broker has for my account? If not what other options do I have to retrieve that data? Thank you for your...
MetaTrader 4. Build 157. 1. Updated Highest(), Lowest() functions. 2. Updated Data Window control. 3. Updated Fibo-objects duplicating. 4. Updated orders dialog window; added color buttons. 5. Updated MetaEditor IDE main menu. 6. Updated drawing histograms and vertical lines. 7. Updated Fibo...
Is it possible with MT4 to save layuots, with a set of charts in each layout? For example, one layout with four EURUSD charts, another one with four USDJPY charts, and so on... If it is not possible, can it be done with a script? Thanks, Ramon.
  MT4 beta? (2)
Guys, I been busy working away with MT4, trying to come to grips with both the terminal, MQ code as well as experts and indicators and now find out that the product is still classified as a beta piece of software. Apparently no brokers use the terminal at the moment. Is this true ? "Trading...
Can anybody suggest where I would download Metatrader desktop edition with historical INTRADAY forex data for major pairs ? I need to research some historical intraday price action - - - like 9 months or 12 months ago - - - I would be charting 1 minute bars during that day. Please inform me...
Hello All, In MT4, I would like to draw some boxes on a chart via the code. Would i use SetIndexStyle and the style to DRAW_SECTION? Can someone provide an example for this? I would image that to draw a box you will need to give the drawing routine 4 points to build the box. Thank you for your...
Is there a way to add other periods other than what's in there to the periods tool bar?
I have found emailing meta .MQ4 files around with outlook express and sometimes yahoo once the .MQ4 file is save to its apprropriate directory it becomes visible but will not run i have found for some reason if i add 4 blank lines to the top of the file and recompile it then works.. of course...
Drag and Drop the MA indicator on a subwindow and apply it on the indicator displayed in this subwindow is really fine. I tried it on the RSI but both (RSI and MA(RSI)) are displayed but I'd like to see only the MA. Someone knows ? I developped a custom indicator (a filter) and I'd like to apply...
hi guys, thanks for the function to apply indicators from different timeframes to your chart. it's working very nicely. just a question, is there a way that you can update your chart if you're in a 30min timeframe every 30mins so that your indicator from a longer timeframe doesn't look dragged out...
I have a little MQL question, what do these lines mean? tvi = Abs(iMA(3,0,1) - iMA(3,0,3)) / (High[Highest(2,3,3)] - Low[Lowest(1,3,3)]) * 100;
i would like when a zig zag line ends, then automatically a linear regression channel to be created based on bottom and top of zig zag line. time frame mainly one hour. is that possible? and in affirmative how?
  Jurik JMA (7)
Has somebody integrated Juriks Tools in Metatrader? Could it work? Regards Chievo