E.A activation

hi i am setting up my accounts on a new pc and was wondering how i can activate my E.A and indicator on my new pc.the account is there but nothing else. how do i make this activation?

cmechen01034:
hi i am setting up my accounts on a new pc and was wondering how i can activate my E.A and indicator on my new pc.the account is there but nothing else. how do i make this activation?
Import your products into the new metatrader install, sign in into your metatrader with your MQL5.com username and password, and copy the files from the other metatrader to the new one.

GBWT094114:
Import your products into the new metatrader install, sign in into your metatrader with your MQL5.com username and password, and copy the files from the other metatrader to the new one.
thanks for the quick reply. how do i import?this is where i am getting stuck?sorry i am fairly new to mt4.i have the account open on the new pc but have no idea how to import my stuff?

cmechen01034:
thanks for the quick reply. how do i import?this is where i am getting stuck?sorry i am fairly new to mt4.i have the account open on the new pc but have no idea how to import my stuff?

you need to go to the directory of the EAs , copy the selected files and paste them to the other directory of the new metatrader install.

Read this article : https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1560

And explore the menus of Metatrader, the more you explore the more you will understand, by the way, if you don't know how to copy paste files from one install of Metatrader Directory, and you are unfamiliar with metatrader directory structure, then you might need more trial and error experience, that is a very hard way to learn the most. I am sorry, if my information is not complete because I don't have the patience to give you the complete description.

Program Folder of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal
Program Folder of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal
  • //www.mql5.com/en/users/GODZILLA">
  • www.mql5.com
The article describes the contents of the program folder of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal. The article will be useful for those who have already started to grasp into the details of the client terminal operation.
Reason: