Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 390

hello happy people :-) i would like to know if there is shortcut keyboard/ or if someone have a panel/ or code to add in your EA, to set quicly the : Long only, Short only or Long & Short position ,and the allow livetrading true/false , that we can find in the common tab i want with any EA to...
Hi traders and coder. I have a dilema of choosing between external data and broker's own historical data. The reason behind this is that broker's own historical data only provide me 30% modelling qualilty plus broker's own histrical data only goes back to 1 year. By downloading historial data from...
In my opinion, successful method is: - Follow the trend - Use stop loss - Let profit orders go
Hi hi, The point is the following: I use RSI to buy or sell on EURUSD. Many orders can be opened when conditions are fulfilled. So I can have up to 10 or 20 opened orders, but always on the same side (buy or sell). I would like to calculate the average price for these opened orders, and define...
Hello forum, good day. How can the lowest/highest point in each of the previous wave of a Moving average be detected counting from the current bar in MQL4? In other words, it would be like getting the support and resistance levels of a Moving Average instead of getting them from the price levels of...
This can not be a problem but I have not found a solution . for example EA open buy position with this code : cTrade.PositionOpen(symbol,OP_BUY,Lots,LastTick.ask,LastTick.ask-(StopLoss*Pip),LastTick.ask+(TakeProfit*Pip),order_comment_1); next EA open sell position with this code : cTrade...
please can some one help me with this script code,i have try everything yet not yet fix please i want this code to close all my open order one order is modified ,my code......thanks extern int tp= 200;int start(){double spread=Ask-Bid; int Ticket=OrderTicket(); //...
Hi, When I create a MA by code and apply it to (let's say) an ATR, it's presented as expected during visual strategy testing. CiATR atr;atr.Create(_Symbol,Period(),14);CiMA;ma.Create(_Symbol,Period(),21,0,MODE_SMA,atr.Handle())); But when I try to apply it to a CCI, it's presented in...
In MT4, there exists a stage/state: when we switch from AccountA to AccountB, when Connection is established and init() and start() are triggered by MT4; but before the "blinnnggg" (sound) when all the historical/outstanding trades are loaded from Server. Switch Account>Establish...
1. I could not understand when _stopFlag is true. I have a trivial code for seeing its effect, but nothing happen with the following code when I try to remove EA from the chart. How can I see its effect, could you please give me an example? void OnTick()  {...
  First Bar H1  (2)
Hi, looking for some EA that starts with first bar of the day H1 - It means, it will place an order after first bar (H1) close. Buy at maximum or sell minimum . I'm still do not know how to create one ..not sure if it is simple or not..but, I will try ... however, parallel -..would be nice if...
I have bought a number of EAs on MQL5, and I have installed them on my MT4 running on my VPS. My question is, if I upgrade the RAM and the number of cores on my VPS, will my prior EA purchases be invalidated because the "hardware" has changed?  I hope it won't reduce the number of downloads I have...
Hi, i want to start a discussion of a topic that came into my mind while reading some articles about the latest gadgets which are offered on kickstarter.com and indigogo. Does it make sense or may it be useful to have a possibility to start a crowdfunding campaign for an Expert Advisor or...
When I issue a market by order for 1 lot of EURUSD, there will be immediate 17.00 dollars loss. I believe this is due to the markup that brokers put on top of market price.  I'd like to set the markup(Is this also called spread?) to minimum value during the EA test, e.g.: 2 points. 0.2...
  Backtest Strange results  (16   1 2)
Hi everyone Last week i have tryed various settings with my EA but i have a strange situation right now , so i want share with you . I have tryed next a simulation of three Years and the results is 70millions of dollars starting with 500$ of deposit These results Seem no reals , and i have checked
I can use the following code to create a histogram in separate window. But only one histogram bar for one candle bar of open-close price. What should I do the draw several histograms for one bar? #property indicator_type1 DRAW _HISTOGRAM Thanks!
hi guys, i am developing an ea that requires me to compare the high of previous 2 bars and whichever one is higher, use that as a stop loss value. same for opposite side trades, i need to compare previous 2 lows and use the lower one as stop loss value. what i am doing is this:-...
hi every body could any body help to improve this Expert Advisor. it is not mine,. it seems to be work in the begginning of the trading then it crash. I attached to this message a picture of backtest from 01 january 2015 to 20 marsh 2015. Other think, it opens many positions, but do not close them...
Hello forum, good day. I need help from more experienced MQL programmers to detect a Bullish/Bearish engulfing and would like to know about your opinions and what would be the best way to do it. I´m using the following code to try and detect a Bullish engulfing: // Bullish engulfing (Close[1]...
Can anyone assist me by adding a little code which would enable the user to define a finite number of open positions the attached EA can commit to? I've tried to do this myself... but I keep getting error messages on debug. I'm just not at a level of understanding code where I can get this limiting...
  Line Chart Data?  (1)
There are three types for showing price changes : Bar Chart, Candlestics and Line Chart. With MqlRates (and CopyRates command) is possible to get Candlesticks data. Is it somehow possible to get Line Chart data?
Hi, Not sure this is the right section, sorry if it isn't. I am looking for developers to hire. The job is to understand and modify an existing EA. I'll give more details in PM. Nathan
Hi, Newbie trying to connect Excel to MetaTrader using XlsGate Dll and mgh. I keep getting compiler error. can't open "C:\Users\Devigan\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\50CA3DFB510CC5A8F28B48D1BF2A5702\MQL4\include\xlsgate.mgh" include file ExcelTest.mq4...
If a developer decides to sell his or her expert advisor and allot of people start buying it does it become less effective? 
Hello. May I know if it's possible to add expiration through TIME any open positions to close at loss or at profit. This is like open positions are time bound using seconds or hours. Thanks.
Greetings to all you expert coders. Is anyone familiar with a 'trade analyzer' from Easy Ea? Well it seems they have gone out of business/in transtion as the TA no longer functions. Is there anyone who can code one like Easy Ea had? I think MQL should look into it & provide with MT4/5 as some...
  Strategy tester  (6)
Hi, I have an ea which performs extremely well in strategy tester when 'open prices only' is selected, but when I test on 'every tick' mode the results are not so good. So my question is.. Is it possible to adjust my ea so that it works on the same open bar principle as the strategy tester? I...
  EA Code Fix  (2)
hi all, If there are anyone out who could help me, it be much appreciated. I am having some issue with my current code. What i am trying to do here, is to have a condition that trigger a buy or sell, when the differences between 2 points equals to 10 (for example) . actual example, the differences...
iI am using a number of indicators in my EA. I create them using iBands, iRSI and iMACD. How do I create the indicators "OnScreen" (hm, excuse me Enterprise) by code in the EA?
Hi everyone, I am relatively new to ea programming. I am trying to store the values of the latest up fractal and down fractals and then use them while modifying my stop losses. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks