Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 183

macd indicators add to ea  (42   1 2 3 4 5)
Hello, there are 2 lines of the macd indicator in the picture. If the difference between these 2 lines is more than 0.00050, I want the position to be closed. I don't know how to write the codes. Can you help me
Hi forum-ists, I need “trial an error” to get a line or indicator panel of the incorporated indicators to show up on the visualized chart. Used: Indicators, here ATR am MA (see enclosed source code). Working in the visual mode and visual mode-box on. There are NO templates of this form in the
I want to open an order, no problem with that, but if I want to close this order, I need the ticket number, ticket that I can't write manually, it will be given after the order is opened. From the documentation , I've got this: but I can't pass anything else than 0 to "position": 0 (line 20)
I had backtest my multisymbol EA using strategy tester . The code below is suppose to check if the symbol has already been placed under pending order, it will not allow trade for that symbol. However, when I select, eg. "USDEUR" or "USDCAD", to back test at the strategy tester. only the selected
Hi! I'm trying to code an EA but this "CopyBuffer" function error won't let me continue and I don't know how to solve it. CopyBuffer return error 4806 (ERR_INDICATOR_DATA_NOT_FOUND) I am thinking that the iMA () function may be faulty because CopyBuffer () works fine with iBands() and iADX()
[Deleted]
Hi I am using NormalizeDouble() to set results = _Digits. However, many times it returns greater number of digits e.g. H1 [0] 0.0154 [1] -0.009350000000000001 [2] -0.03228 [3] -0.0189 !!! Is there any way to control this
Hi, I am looking to use a linux VPS for MT5 terminal and have a EA that that was purchased in the Market. The concern I have is if I am able to easily apply any updates that the developer makes to the EA from within MT5. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks
hi I have an EA, and the SL should change (with a parameter that chages in periods)... but dont know how to do that because the sl stays fix ??? edit: how can I make diferent trailing positions for each value that changes each period
[Deleted]
UPDATE NOTE: the issue is resolved ... Dear Friends I am trying to develop an EA, based on Strategy BaseClass for MACD and derived class MACD OsMA Cross. When run VWMACD.Refresh_DataBuffer(); all the data are filled in the array(s). However, when trying to run the
  stuck with EA  (2)
Hi I'm stuck with this EA, I have an EA with some lines plotted of the highs and lows, and dont know how to make a order when the price crosses those lines, how can I do that? something changes if the lines are bojects? dont know what else to do what is wrong with this? //if it is going up if
  Best way to handle Requotes?  (11   1 2)
Hey everyone, What is the best way to handle a requote within an EA? I set a deviation but to my understanding that only affects close orders. I need a way to have the EA retry opening an order if there is a requote. I'm using RefreshRates() before every buy/sell order (trade.Buy/trade.Sell) but I
Hi, I just want to ask how can I code this logic: Price between 2 SMA, SMA 20 high, and SMA 20 low. Or something like that, so I can identify a flat market. Thanks
Hello, I am new to programming and after multiple searches I cannot resolve this trailing stop problem. I managed to create a trailing stop but it goes up and down compared to my open price . I would like it to follow the price in one direction. For example, for a buy order, I would like the
Hello, I purchased an EA through the market but have not activated it at all. I purchased it on 25th May. Would I be able to get a refund on this as I haven't used it
  Purchased EA  (1)
the product is no longer available when I click to open/download/install. any ideas how to contact the developer
I know this question is a bit broad, but I would like to know what things you guys consider important when developing an EA. I don't mean stuff related to MQL5 itself, but regarding trading strategies instead. For example: Do you use indicators? Which ones? Does your analysis happen on multiple
I've a code that determines the deal profit of the last closed deal below. How do I modify it to return the profit of the deal before the last one e.g deal 2 in history and the one before e.g deal 3? My code for the profit of the latest code: // Profit of the latest closed deal:double deal_profitY()
Hello Everyone, As the title state I am running into issues trying to test my EA on using the strategy tester. I have include the complete code. When I attempt to "test" the EA, there is a significant delay and no trades are opened. Also, when I use the Visual mode the strategy tester opens two
  MQL5 Wizard  (2)
Hi In MQL5 wizard there is longCondition() and shortCondition() methods for entering a trade and closing trades are by stoploss and takeprofit. Is there any way to close a trade by checking some condition? how can i define a method for closing trades? if there is ant article or example please tell
I have a custom indicator which I want to call using iCustom. Whenever I run the code the journal gives me the following errors. program file added: \Indicators\Tradingthetrend.ex5. 24439 bytes loaded program file Indicators\Indicators\Tradingthetrend.ex5 read error loading of Tradingthetrend
Dear friends, I have a problem with VPS, I don't know if any of you have had the same problem as me. My orders are copied only when I turn on the computer, and if I turn off the computer, the command is not copied. why? What can I do to fix this error? Thank you
Hello! I am attempting to calculate lot size dynamically based on a SL calculated from the ATR (Using the built-in iATR). The EA seems to compile correctly, but when I attempt to test the the strategy nothing happens. I have been unable to determine where my mistake is. Please, see the attached code
Hello all, Am new to EA coding, i have 2 questions : 1- what is GetTicketNumber of a position ? is it an INTEGER that starts from 0 or 1 ? 2- How to close all positions By Type ? Only close buy or sell only positions. Thanks for your help all
Hi, What I mean is, can you sell your custom ea independently? I've seen plenty ea's being sold on fiverr for example, but is it allowed, are there limitations? Thanks
I get this error when trying to compile my EA file: 'vsl' - undeclared identifier 'vtp' - undeclared identifier It's for this part: { if (USE VIRTUAL STOPS) { sl = vsl; tp = vtp; } What do I need to do to make it work? Anyone?
[Deleted]
I am very proficient in EA programming. I have helped netizens and friends to get hundreds of EAs, but there has been no good strategy. Hey, the future of EA is slim. I help my friends write EA for free
  help with ea  (2)
Hey I've created an EA. But something is wrong with it. EA receives different data than actual chart! I've attached the screeshot. As you can see in log section, it says open price is 1905.4 and close price is 1908.0 for THE LAST FORMED CANDLE. But what is in the chart is different. As you can see I
Hi I'm programmer. But I'm new to MQL5. I've created an EA. Seems everything is OK with it. But when I test it with strategy tester , something weird happens. It opens an opposite position instantly when SL is hit. It's not done by the EA. It's not in my code! any idea
Hi folks, I've tried to find some function to return the type of modeling (OHLC, EveryTick, Every Real tick...) during the strategy testing. But did not found it! Is there any way (function) to return this kind of information