Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 184

Python MT5  (1)
Hi, so i got the python code for sending orders to the metatrader. However, there is an issue. The buy orders work but every time i try sending a sell order fom python to metatrader, it never sends anything. Does anyone have a solution for this
I want to build a simple martingale strategy to practice with, but i am confused as to how i can check the result of the last trade, whether it hit t.p or s.l. I'd really appreciate it if anyone can help me with the code to use. Thanks in advance :)
[Deleted]
I coded a Simple Trail Stop EA from a tutorial video that i found on the net. It compiled successfully with no errors. Here it is below. #include <Trade\Trade.mqh> //Create an instance of CTrade CTrade trade; void OnTick () { //We calculate the Ask price double Ask= NormalizeDouble (
I have the same EA running on VPS 1 with 7ms latency and VPS 2 with 20ms latency. They frequently take different trades which is extremely odd to me. (trades on 20ms latency VPS usually are better) EA is trading on an M1 chart on both MT4 terminals. ANY advice would be amazing because I am so
Hello, its my first post! I'm using function copy_ticks_range from python API to get all ticks history of a symbol. (am i correct?) The result is a csv with time,bid,ask,last,volume,time_msc,flags,volume_real According in information of CopyTicks the result is a collection of struct MqlTick , right
  only sending limit orders  (31   1 2 3 4)
I just want to send limit orders. but I could not. I need help. these are my codes: // Filling type if (IsFillingTypeAllowed ( Symbol (), SYMBOL_ORDER_LIMIT )) Trade.SetTypeFilling ( SYMBOL_ORDER_LIMIT ); else if (IsFillingTypeAllowed ( Symbol (), SYMBOL_FILLING_IOC ))
GREETINGS So should the price hit our Stoploss, we lose 2% of our equity The formula to calculating the proper lot size is Equity*Risk/Stoploss Now our Stoploss is going to be 2*ATR Value I've been trying to turn all this into an MQL5 code PROBLEM: When I set the SL to a number (e.g. 50), the EA
Hi, I'm not going to post code just yet because I understand why what I am trying to do and how I am trying to do it is not work, I just do not understand how I am meant to deal with it! I have an EA that at a particular point creates two stop orders at the same price in the same direction with
I bought 3 EA's recently. Problem is I installed them wrongly using wizard instead of file/open data folder/copy on/off done. I tried deleting files from both my MT5 account and in my files, then when I tried to re install the EA goes to my market section only in my navigator. When I then try the
Hello everyone, Can anyone code or direct me to EA with following conditions(I have searched this and other forms but in vain) Fake Stoploss and Take profit (levels should show price and risk amount) Hard Stoploss and Take profit (levels should show price and risk amount) (Lines to be in colour
elliminate Ban slow agents (that exceed average by specified multipler in most optimizations) Enable option to use only 64-bit agents Enable option not to use slow agents for additional percentage fee Enable option to use also slow agents for a discount Not pay for slow results Use only agents...
I have a VPS in NY (6ms latency to IC Markets) and a VPS in london (90ms latency to IC Markets). When I run my EA at the same time on my NY vps & my London VPS, they take trades in different directions from time to time. Does this make any sense and can someone shed some light on this issue? Thank
Hello everyone, I'm trying to create a library that can open trades the same way a trader sitting in front of MT4 will open trades. So far, I've been able to bring up the order window and simulate a keystroke on it. However I've been unable to edit any of the fields or even click on the "sell by
Hi, For simplicity, I have inserted only the basic code of an EA below. I believe it is enough and easier to understand my question. void OnTick()   {   CountBuyOrders(); //gets the BuyOrders   CountSellOrders(); //gets the SellOrders   if(BuyOrders+SellOrders==0) //check if there are any...
Hi, Do any members have any tips to prevent major slippage during times of low liquidity or high volatility? I am developing an EA for scalping and running into issues with large slippage during certain times of the day. I would like to prevent trades that are more apt to slippage. I don't think the
Hi,experts I doubt if we can change parameters of indicator during the ea/script is running? as we know,we need to declare (ma_Period,symbol) them in Onit() firstly before using. Let say I want to use moving average’value of 10-50 period,Does I need to declare 40 buffers and 40 handles? thank you
Hi, A while ago I purchased, Magic 7 EA with 5 activations. but now the EA is disappear from market completely how do you re-install the EA, normally you go to market and then download/install it from there. Although the EA is making huge loss sometimes, but I still want to give it a second chance
Hi, everybody! Can I find such scripts anywhere? How? I'm new here, I don't even know how/where to search properly. Thanks
  Open Buy Code issue.  (11   1 2)
Dear All, I'm very new in here. I have read a few things about EA code and very interested to learn. I have background in C++, however there a lot of things new in here. For the first time, i try to create my first code with the basic open buy order as below. But this code is not working. can...
Hi, I am trying to replicate a strategy on MQL what I have in Thinkscript. I'm starting with one indicator, an anchored intraday VWAP line. I have read forums and watched videos on youtube on how to build an indicator and I do not understand what I am doing incorrectly. Can anybody please point me
Hi How much is PC system requirements such as CPU or RAM for running 100 EA in 100 charts in one platform in metatrader. My experts are not so heavy and each have about 4 indicators for 10 bars
  Tick database  (2)
Hello, I need some support in understanding the issue I am currently having. My finding is either, i have an issue in my code, or the tick_volume given by the terminal has one tick to much on every period. Please see screenshot attached. I am comparing the results from the Functions CopyTicksRange
I use the following code to draw a rectangle from one candle to another. bool drawRectangle( int candleInt, const double top, const double bottom, ENUM_TIMEFRAMES cDuration, color rectColor) { bool checkBarCount = true ; int useCurrDuration = PeriodSeconds (cDuration)/ PeriodSeconds ();
Is there a way to program EA so that its internal/external variables may be changed by something we've put online? For example, If we're running multiple trading accounts with the same EA, could we code it so that the EA changes into "SELL ONLY"/"BUY ONLY" with one click from an external source? I'm
I am with a broker by the name of Longhorn and they offer an MT4 platform that you can host on a MQL5 VPS. They say that any EA or robot can be migrated/synchronized onto the VPS but they don't allow DLL and when I try to synchronize I get the message attached. Please advise if I can use this VPS
Hello, I'm trying to create an EA based on ***Outlook indicator but the indicator loads data from server and show it after it's loaded. When I try to get it using iCustom() I get the value = 2147483647(max value for int32) which is not correct. Is there a way to wait for data to load and after to
Hi ppl. I have an EA and have to control how many contracts(lots) the user can trade, só i have an API and when the EA initializes, the webrequest is done placing the quantity on the database, and if the ea or set is removed, the same webservice is requested and remove this contracts, but i have a
Hi, Does anyone know of any EA that can monitor an account with multiple pairs from a signal and if the DD level gets over xx%, it will automatically lock the opened positions by opening reverse and equal positions. At the same time if new positions are opened by the signal, to keep locking them
Hi! I have an EA that checks every new bar and opens position when conditions are met. I would like it to work on multiple currency pairs, but there will be a limited number of currently working pairs, probably 2 or 3, because I don't want to be wiped out by a drawdown. So if they are already open