Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 190

I was looking for information in the community for not ask again what was asked, but the invalid stops are being shown for me too, but... only for selling positions, very weird, since I only have to change the logical inverting it for selling, it's the only difference from buy. for ( int bSell=
Is there a way to compare two arrays and get a double between 0 and 1 where 0 would be 90 degree difference between two arrays and 1 would be perfectly parallel? Something like this would be extremely useful for Bollinger Bands and other indicators with similar structure. Also is there a way to
Hi All I have an EA which only works when I create first/initial buy or sell manual order. Can any one kindly let me know that how to back test that EA ? I could not find any first/initial manual order option in Strategy testing. Thanks Imran
I have an idea of an EA that can be used to trade a particular synthetic index. The idea is to add a Momentum indicator (Period 14) to RSI window (Period 1) with two RSI lines (at 10 and 90). When the momentum touches the 10 line or goes above it, a buy is triggered immediately and runs for 3 bars
Hello, hope somebody could help me. How can I read out the REAL current time (e.g. LocalPC) during a Backtest? TimeCurrent(), TimeLocal() and TimeTradeServer() will just give the time according to the Backtest. Thanks in Advance
Hi guys. Im getting this logs continuously and I don't know what they really mean. Can someone please explain me if this is normal? Is my EA working correctly on the VPS. It has not placed any position in 3 days. I was thinking that was a normal behavior because of some conditions not triggering
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, I want to know what will happen to the trades after changing the EA settings or modifying the time frame. Will those trades be closed based on the new or old settings and time frame? Or should I close them manually? Thank you
Hello, Does anyone know of an EA or Indicator that will trail a pending order?  Idea would be: Let's say pair is falling and I want only buy it when rebound starts. So pair need to be trailed down with the Buy Stop order ones reverse (let's say more than 70 pips adjustable) it's going to hit Buy...
Hi. I have made an EA which I want to improve by moving SL and TP while a position is running. What I do not understand is how this method changes my backtesting result??!? <Deleted> when i'm not calling this method - but when I'm calling the method my EA breaks down pretty fast... As you can see I
Hi! I am making a few adjustments in the Fractals indicator from MetaQuotes and i am trying to create more dots to the right, like a support and resistance line, i need 5 more dots to the right instead of just one but i am having a hard time doing it Can someone show me the way? I needed something
I would like to check the maximum lot size that can make an order in the market, before I make the order. If an order does not success due to the lot size is not available in market with current open price , I would like to get the available lot size that is available in market with current price
Yesterday i subscribed to a signal through mt4, but the trades are not being copied. Please do note that my broker uses a different name for the pair i.e EURUSD. rather than EURUSD, Is this the reason that trades are not getting executed automatically?
Hi Why I get error 4806 on CopyBuffer? //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| test1.mq5 | //| Copyright 2021, MetaQuotes Software Corp. | //|
While running this minimal piece of code, I have different results on tester. input int nothing = 0 ; double totalticks; int OnInit () { totalticks = 0 ; return ( INIT_SUCCEEDED ); } void OnTick () { totalticks = totalticks+ 1 ; } double OnTester () { return totalticks; } Running for
hi i use a EA on real account The EA send a order but i get a error 4756 as you can see at the code below i made a alert to tell me if the order was send or not despite the order was send i still get a alert with error and not get a alert " order "+ _Symbol+ " long was sent " the code is
Hi, I'm struggling and wondered if someone can help? I'm running MT5 from Python using the command line and a config file. I'd like to be able to read in equity curve data from each pass in the optimization. I'm not familiar with Frames and can't really see any good documentation on their use. Can
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| ObjectOnChart | //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ datetime prev_bar = 0 ; int handle_ma_50, handle_ma_200; int OnInit ()
Do I need to insert the break function? If so, where do I insert? Before return or after return? //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| One Position |
Hi, Can I attach an EA only for Demo, compiled. I mean, share it, with the intention of people testing it
hi guys....How do you calculate swaps in currency pairs (in forex) and for gold/silver? Kindly help to answer the a I've question
[Deleted]
Good Morning, Have someone please experienced this ? 1. Run a Strategy Tester of some Expert Advisor 2 Get the results via OPTIMIZATION RESULTS tab 3. Export to XML MS Excel 4. Open Excel and import XM file and get the error below Thanks in advance Regards, MRC ERRO XML em Tabela REASON...
hello I am developing an expert adviser. I want to test it on strategy tester . on xauusd m1 timeframe. history quality is 100% but it seems candles data are not true. where is the problem? thanks in advance
Hi, I have the function below and it works. But then I read this: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/43 where it says that iCustom is best called in OnInit(). Is this also true for my function? I can imagine that every call to iMA recreates a moving average calculated over many values and then only...
I had a wrong activation of EA witch i bought a few weeks ago and activate on the one of my account and today i add this EA to another account (different broker) but the same PC. And today i have got another activation message. I thought that activation is considered to be used on different PCs or i
Hi MQL5 community, Being new to this, I would be thankful if you could help out with the most optimal specifications/settings of the <Deleted> as I am not sure if the default settings would offer the most from this signal. The balance of the account is 7500 USD, I have attached a screenshot of the
this is my code of crossover ema //CROSSOVER OF TWO EMA #include <Trade\Trade.mqh> CTrade trade; void OnTick () { double WeeklyTrendArray[],DailyTrendArray[],MAONEARRAY[] ,EMATWOARRAY[]; //Trend emas int WeeklyTrend = iMA ( _Symbol , PERIOD_W1 , 8 , 0 , MODE_EMA , PRICE_CLOSE );
  error 10013  (3)
Hi I wrote a EA But buy order don't execute and i get this error. pl help ! Error: 2014.05.12 11 36.000 2014.04.04 05:01:06 Function: BuyOrder3 Error: 10013 Invalid request 2014.05.12 11 36.000 2014.04.04 05:01:07 failed exchange buy 0.20 EURUSD at 1.37150 sl: 1.36950 tp: 1.37450...
Hi, Can anyone advise me on the best way to output the deal info/equity curve data for each run in the optimisation? I’m running MT5 using the cmd line with a custom config. That all works fine but from what I can see it only saves an xml file which contains the optimisation summary. I’m looking for
Hi guys, I have been struggling adding a feature to my EA. I want to opposite open market orders on every trade at my SL level that get deleted once TP is hit. So basically, if I have a long position and the SL is hit, I want to go short at the same level as my SL. If TP is hit, the order gets
Hi all, first post and am happy to join the conversation. I am having difficulty with a simple bot I am creating (not for live trading, just practice coding). The premise of the bot is simple: - It checks if the 2nd and 3rd last candles are either both bullish or both bearish - It checks if the last...