Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 180

To post a new topic, please log in or register
The code below is RSI indicator with SMA on it. I need a sentence something like this: if (SMA is above RSI) { do whatever } #property indicator_separate_window#property indicator_buffers 2#property indicator_color1 Red#property indicator_color2 Lime#property indicator_level1...
Hi, is there an (easy) way to use the z-score in the OnTester function? I need something like TesterStatistics(STAT_ZSCORE).
How many percent of max drawdown is good? We know the higher risk the higher profit. However, we should find out a point where is called acceptable. I think max drawdown 30% is acceptable. What is your opinon?
In MT4 it is straightforward to use a technique with a trailing stop and add new trades when the previous trade(s) has passed break even. Each trade is processed separately by the broker. Each trade can be sent with all needed information in one go. No real complications. I have made some...
I know I can use history to test strategy, but I'd like to execute EA step by step on history data of a specific day, e.g. sep 26, 2014. How can I do this?
Is there an EA that after a trade by TP or SL was closed automatically a new trade (in the same direction as the closed trade) opens, either immediately or after a defined voher Pipabstand and variable lotmultiplyer? For example, a buy-trade is closed at 1.3470 (by TP or SL) and I want that the EA...
I have a ea which place pending orders .can we add new buy sell conditions based on macd on my existing ea
I have been using both methods and find them quite similar in functionality. What are the pros and cons for using one or the other?
If I had a position on "EURUSD", there are 2 ways to get current price. 1) PositionSelect("EURUSE") then call PositionGetDouble(POSITION_PRICE_CURRENT) 2) SymbolInfoTick("EURUSD",lastTick); My question is what is the difference? Which one I should use?
Why there is a need for two trade event handlers? I read the difference here: https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/runtime/event_fire#trade But I stilll can't fully comprehend the difference, since: 1) They overlap each other on handling same events, e.g.: Trade: sending, modifying or removing...
Hey Community.   I searched with google about this problem but i didnt find a soultion :/ The problem is that i get the following problem on my own created indicator: "test DE30.Z,M15: invalid integer number as parameter 2 for 'iCustom' function" Im using the following code. Would be very nice if...
I modified indicator to be EA but it doesnt work well I need help to work well 
I want to create an Expert for orders/positions handling using a GUI. Testing the GUI Examples of MQL5 (Expert Advisors\Examples\Controls) I realized a major problem: When I move the scroll bar of a ListView and an order line exists on the same level with the scroll bar, the line (and also the...
I already coded some EA but when i want to involve candles, i have no success. If i use the wizard to evaluate a mq5 over one of the mqls that use candles + RSI/stoch (one from the topic: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/14482) i can obtain a working EA (through debug can't check everything but i...
hi there, My EA depends on indicator called 100 pip daily scalper how it works:- 1-entry buy position when the indicator alert buy signal 2-entry sell position when the indicator alert sell signal 3-exit buy position with take profit 10 pip or stop loss 5 pip 4-exit sell position with take...
hi taders i want to use function CheckCandlestickPattern() of aCandlePatterns.mqh and i wrote #include "aCandlePatterns.mqh" in my expert. how can i use the functions of this class for example bool Buy_Condition_1=CheckCandlestickPattern(CANDLE_PATTERN_MORNING_STAR); is not correct and the error is:...
Hi, I came across an order panel in expert advisor for one click execution with pre set (input) pip TP /SL, I have searched for ages and cannot find it again, I think it was for around $40. If anyone can point me in the right direction, would be very grateful. Regards Kate xx
https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/eventfunctions/eventsettimer From the doc, I can see there is no timer ID. No way to tell which is which, so there is only one timer is allowed in each EA?
Hey community, i have a small problem during EA generating. Its about crossing. For example with moving average 5 and 10: So a buy order would be if ma 5 crosses ma 10. (ma5>ma10=Open buy order) BUT it also opens a buy order if the trend is running. It means that if i change for example...
From this picture, I can see FX market is 24 hours, 5 days a week for both trading and quoting activities. Does it mean there is only one session in a day? Another conflicting info I heard is there are 3 sessions, Europe session, US session and Asia session. In the case of these two functions...
Hi guys, I'm new to MQL5 and programming as a whole and want to know how do I go about using copybuffer with bollinger bands??? Do I need to define BBUP,BBDOWN and BBMIDDLE and set one copybuffer for each??? Here is my code btw. I'm trying to build a multitimeframe multicurrency indicator...
  MA Signals (1)
Hello, Is there anything in the code base, a signal or alert that will send an alert via email or text when two moving averages cross. EX: when EMA(4) crosses SMA(8) from below send alert... Where the MA parameters can be set to anything... For any pair and any time frame? Trying to avoid a lot of...
If a signal is trading multiple pairs on MT4, does it need a chart open for each pair or can one chart receive all signals? Thanks
I'v just found an interesting trading system. I really don't know how is it possible enter position far beyond quotation. Anybody has idea how they do this?
I have an ea which works on one broker but not work on another broker. I ask from 2nd broker they say they support all types of ea. how to solve this issues
How would I go about calling a custom indicator from the code?? I want to use the bollinger bandwidth indicator but dno where to start. could you give me example please also how would I go about creating an indicator of indicator. sorry to sound noobish I'm just learning programming and this...
I have a simple task: Calculate the daily difference between highest price and lowest difference and print the result in the console. So far I can only successfully do: void OnTick() {//--- SymbolInfoTick("EURUSD", tickInfo); Print(tickInfo.last); } Can anybody give a sample code for...
Hi there ! Can someone please help me include StringFormat() in this context ? Comment("[YOUTRADE] ",dt.hour,":",dt.min," | glTicks: ",glTicks, " | glContratos: ",DoubleToString(glContratos,2), " | ContratosMaximos: ",DoubleToString(ContratosMaximos,2),...
I have a question about forward testing that I could not find in the documentation I am currently working on an EA that builds a data file of statistics as it works. So this data file is very important to future calculations. During testing, this data file is held in memory (arrays). Outside of...
Galera alguém consegue me ajudar com esse código abaixo?eu anexei uma imagem mostrando como fica o EA Anexado em com ordens em Sell abertas, no iMA abaixo ele me mostra que o trend mudou mas não fecha as ordens.se alguém tiver alguma idéia pra arrumar isso eu posto o EA depois dessa correção...