Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 177

Hi, I developed a robot (Expert Advisor) and I put in my code to open only one position at the time and do not open any position if one already exist. I back-tested in Demo and in live account for different date ranges and works perfectly. Then I bought VPN from MQL5 to make sure the robot will work
I developed a EA and it works perfecly fine when I run a backtest on it, but when I insert it on the chart using my demo account, it behaves differently. For example: In the backtest i run it using 1 lot, but for some reason in the demo account on real time it uses 2 lots. I didn't test it on the
My backtests take forever to execute when I call this function inside the OnTick: (currentDateLastCheck gets the current day, so I don't store the whole historic) void dailyGain(){ HistorySelect ( StringToTime (currentDateLastCheck), TimeCurrent ()); uint total= HistoryDealsTotal (); ulong
Hi guys, I want to make an EA only trade in certain time ranges? I can't seem to locate any tutorial on timers in the article section.  I'm also confused regarding the time here in MQL5, what time does all our platforms follow? our individual local time, or is there a universal time being used?...
I'm looking to incorporate a value generated in this STC indicator into my EA: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/20281 On inspecting the code I discovered there is a data type called "valc" that holds a value (0, 1 or 2) - these numbers indicate whether the trend is going up (1) or down (2) Normally
Is there the possibility to draw graphic objects on top of the stock chart of the MetaTrader 5 Terminal using the Python language? I couldn't find any instructions
Hello, An old, deactivated expert advisor of mine executes automated trades (!). It was installed about a month ago, but cancelled then. This expert is not listed in the hosting journal, but definitely runs anywhere in the background. The activity shows in the server terminal but not in the experts
HI there, I have developed a very simple EA trading script (I am newbie) which buy when it receives the first tick of a symbol and sell 20 days after. When I launch the script on a single symbol with the strategy tester , I got a correct result. But when I launch the strategy tester on "All Symbols
hi, i bought an ea from mql5 a few months ago, today the ea stopped working , i addressed to the author of ea and i was told that the ea stopped working because he was banned so if i need to be refunded i should claim at mql5, its not his fault finally who is responsible for this did i lose my money
Hi guys Which symbols OnTick function updates, only current one or all symbols in market watch. If any symbol is not in MarketWatch, its Bid or Ask can be fetched on tick
Chart attached. Any reason why my EA is making buy orders way above the candle high? Doesn't seem to do this with sell orders in the opposite direction. It doesnt do this in all cases, just some of the time
hi i try to upload a EA to market for the first time i get a massage " contains native code " the EA is a base a "Chart event " when i try to compile to the cloud protector its give me error " sending request to protector server error (3-3, #0) " how can i upload this EA to the market ? ( i have a
Hi there is a way to hide my EA file or secure it with password ? i want to connect a customer to my EA I open a vps that run the MT5 and the file of my EA is there ,the customer have access to the vps i dont want that the customer will have access to my EA file ( now he can go to the folder and
I bought EA and it works fine. But when I try to using this EA for another machine with other forex accounts. I installed EA normally and it had a smiley icon in the chart finally. But the number of EA activate doesn't decrease ( 5 number activate for this EA ) and there is no message from Mql5 as
Hi everyone, I'm new to the MT platform and so far I really like it. I've been developing my first advisor but I'm running into an issue. I pieced this script together from resources I found around the internet. I have basic coding skills but I'm certainly not a pro, so please excuse me if I'm
I want to enable this additional EA but cannot find it. Please help guide
Hello I put print functions in my code to display information, but only some of them are displayed in jurnal . All of them are displayed in MT4 tester but not in MT5. Do I have to change certain settings in MT5 Tester? Help me please. Thanks very much
I can't get ORDER_PRICE_OPEN from history ulong ticket= 226163366 ; HistoryOrderSelect (ticket); Alert (" ORDER_VOLUME_INITIAL "+ HistoryOrderGetDouble (ticket, ORDER_VOLUME_INITIAL )); Alert (" ORDER_PRICE_OPEN "+ HistoryOrderGetDouble (ticket, ORDER_PRICE_OPEN ));
Hi, I'm placing BUY_STOP and SELL_STOP orders. E.g. SELL_STOP oder gets Position/Ticket # 11 When SELL_STOP order triggers, the Open Position has also the Position/Ticket # 11. Now I want to change the the TAKE PROFIT value of this Position. To select the order to be changed, I use this command
Hi Everyone I'm brand new to MQL5. I've managed to migrate all my code from MQL4 and it seems to be fine, but as for my trailingstops, the buy TS works fine, but the sell TS doesn't work at all. Will someone please have a look at my code and let me know if there seems to be an obvious problem. Thank
Good Morning everone! How can i doing an EA based on a customer indicator that draws arrows on the chart. Note: the indicator dont have buffers
Hello, I'm writing my first lines of mql5. Please bear with me. I get a "possible loss of data due to type conversion" warning. I've already seen these warnings, but this time I can't spot the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance ! double ATRValue; int CheckATR() { double
  EA - algo trading mql5  (12   1 2)
if we use a EA, algo trading mql5 will be filled? or zero
hi, I coded an ea which detects me patterns of candles and sends me a comment and a signal sounds. what i want to do now is to display on the graph a trace of the signal with an arrow after the playsound. I am really stuck at this step, I have watched several tutorials but I do not fully understand
Hi I'm creating a custom symbol from BTCUSD. In the custom symbol, it doesn't trade on day 2017.12.30 ( It says markets are closed) , whereas in the original BTCUSD symbol, it does trade on this day. I don't understand how the custom sy m bol can me more restrictive regarding trading times if I copy
I subscribe to two VPS servers provided by MQL5. On each server, I have no EAs or charts... only a signal subscription (one of each server). Setup was easy. I subscribed to the signal on my local PC then subscribed to a VPS, then migrated to the server and enabled automated trading. I did this last...
Hi, I would like to start MT5 and to enable my EA with permissions to change signal settings. So far I use [Experts] AllowLiveTrading=1 AllowDllImport=1 Enabled=1 But this does not allow the EA to modify the signals. When I add the EA manually to a chart, I can set the checkbox "Allow modifications
I want to send limit and regular orders from my Expert Advisor. Can you write the codes
Hello guys I need help. I want to program EA which will open each order with specific Trailing distance. The quesion is, where to store this information. For example I can store it in "comment" and OnTick receive Trailing distance for each position from comment, then move it if necesssary. But i
Hello everyone, I am having problems with the strategy tester and would like to verify my point of view on the issue. I am backtesting an EA and I get following log output in the journal. Could somebody shed some light on this maybe, because i simply dont understand why this situation comes up