The Ultimate AI EA Project - page 5

Nelson Wanyama:

Hello everyone. 

I would like to call upon every worthy programmer and trader to a crucial mission. A scientific project of a respectable standard, with the aim of easing the developing MQL programs using every tool available. A good start would be creating a public project then let anyone willing to join the development process collaborate.This project should be open for every kind of program, showing how their best uses can be obtained. References to the codebase will be helpful, plus more uploads of libraries developed in the project. Some of the topics we are going to tackle are:

1. Neuron Networks and Artificial Intelligence in EAs.

2. Remote controlling of expert advisers.

3. Licencing and software encryption methods.

4. Trade result processing and data management.

5. Web functions, Automation and capabilities of MQL5.

6. Working with OpenCL and MQL5 cloud services in optimization.

7. Creating and implementing custom indicator libraries.

8. Creation and use of custom data types.

... more to come.

If this sounds like an interesting idea, please propose any relevant topic and/or issue your opinions on how or where to get started. 

Stay safe.

I am just begging to develop an EA that will monitor and mange trading on selected pairs using prior trade entry/exit parameters.  This is pretty much the basis of an AI but not really, it only trades based on the original plan and will take the highest probability trades when possible whenever they arise in order to prevent taking too many trades at any given time.  I am interested in your method of building an AI.  Currently I have a means to record the ASK price on specific candle timeframes that saves to a csv file on MT4.  I am currently looking to develop an indicator for the acceleration and velocity of price movements on a minute or seconds basis.  I look forward to reading through this forum and helping develop some ideas for trading.

Nelson Wanyama:

Hello. 

In my research, I constantly tried to figure out why existing trading algorithms perform, let's say not so well. And I found the answer to be, 'NOISE'.

This is an additional barrier that I thought I should cross, as part of the Ultimate AI Trading Algorithm. To achieve this, I have decided to construct renko charts using custom symbols, which will help to filter noise from the price time-series, which has been introduced by time-based scales. 

I like to continue hoping that more people will join efforts to make this project a  success. 

Happy trading.

I have found some factor(s) that have often caused me trouble and caused me to lose a few trades to the point where I had to call the broker to find out why I lost instead of winning.

1. Spread:  You cannot see nor test for this when back-testing.  This has caused havoc on many trade ideas I am sure.  They use this to prevent perfect entry on tops and bottoms as well as to pop Stop Loss without it showing on the chart.  We only see the Bid price, not the ASK price.  I plan to change that with you guys help.  I have an indicator that stores the ASK price data as a csv file in the MT4 platform files section.  I will attach it below.  I am getting it modified because I think there is a problem with the code but I will also attach how it is supposed to work if someone wants to fix it.

2. Price Manipulation:  I often see that most (if not all) indicators are based on the Bid price.  I see the charts on the Forex charts as a canvas the Bank Movers use to get retail traders like ourselves to place our trades in certain directions, at certain times, and in at a certain price zone.  They tend to move price in a way that gets entry/exit signals to trigger on most indicators on any given day.  They then proceed to stop hunt and trap traders as described above.

<ex4 file deleted>
Files:

Joseph Scott Little:

They then proceed to stop hunt and trap traders as described above...

True. That's why I encourage every trader to use regulated brokers, people who have a reputation to maintain. Spread costs, but only so much to scalping systems. Spread-timing execution should help. There's a whole bunch of code that I'll avail to the codebase soon. Stay tuned.

@Nelson,

While MT5 Platform is great for learning  how to trade forex, etc. , its lacking in what is needed to actually be a profitable trader's platform. You have to think out of the box. 

Misconceptions:

Indicators are just giving you  the same price information from the ticks or aggregated bars and nothing new.

NOTE: All price information about a particular currency pair /Asset is embedded in the ticks 

How Price Actions  is embedded in price:

economic Information, politics, correlated assets, big players positioning ==> Sellers + Buyers Network ==> Broker Order Book ===>  Trades executed/triggered at certain price through Market Making (Price)

From an AI perspective , all the information you need is in the Price . Which tools you use will differ.

Use AI and mathematics only , avoid useless indicators and nonsensical EAs. There are a ton of them out there.

Habari bwana Wanyama.  

Joseph Scott Little:

I am just begging to develop an EA that will monitor and mange trading on selected pairs using prior trade entry/exit parameters.  This is pretty much the basis of an AI but not really, it only trades based on the original plan and will take the highest probability trades when possible whenever they arise in order to prevent taking too many trades at any given time.  I am interested in your method of building an AI.  Currently I have a means to record the ASK price on specific candle timeframes that saves to a csv file on MT4.  I am currently looking to develop an indicator for the acceleration and velocity of price movements on a minute or seconds basis.  I look forward to reading through this forum and helping develop some ideas for trading.

Interesting...the last entry on this thread was December 31, 2020. It's almost as if 2021 does not exist. What's going on, Nelson?

On the last thread, mention was made that Price has pretty much everything one needs for AI-ness to happen. I tend to agree and would like to add the one other item that lives on the very right edge of that chart: Volume. The next stop to the right of those two items, just beyond Candle/Bar[0], is the complete unkown.

Though MT5 lives on my computer, I still do most of my development in MT4. The use of the OOP libraries keeps MT4 CLOSE to MT5's capabilities. And, for me, in MT4 terms...heck, just MQLn terms...since that "edge" with Price and Volume are the "alive spot" of a chart...what does a "fat" Price/Volume "object" look like in OOP terms. A joint project to arrive at that, seems like a great place to start one's AI ventures. Maybe I'm missing something, Nelson...

Marv Miller: What's going on, Nelson? ...Maybe I'm missing something, Nelson...

In case you missed it, but Nelson's account was banned! Did you not see that strike-out through is name? The reason for it however, I have no idea!

Fernando Carreiro:

In case you missed it, but Nelson's account was banned! Did you not see that strike-out through is name? The reason for it however, I have no idea!

Not for long. I was banned on 24th last month. Reason? Who knows.

But I'm back.

I ended up needing multithreading functionality more than I imagined. I opted to create a backtesting framework in C++, and an algorithms front-end in python.

It is still an ongoing project.

Nelson Wanyama:

Not for long. I was banned on 24th last month. Reason? Who knows.

But I'm back.

perhaps you tickled the wrong toes lol

Jacob James:

@Nelson,

While MT5 Platform is great for learning  how to trade forex, etc. , its lacking in what is needed to actually be a profitable trader's platform. You have to think out of the box. 

Misconceptions:

Indicators are just giving you  the same price information from the ticks or aggregated bars and nothing new.

NOTE: All price information about a particular currency pair /Asset is embedded in the ticks 

How Price Actions  is embedded in price:

economic Information, politics, correlated assets, big players positioning ==> Sellers + Buyers Network ==> Broker Order Book ===>  Trades executed/triggered at certain price through Market Making (Price)

From an AI perspective , all the information you need is in the Price . Which tools you use will differ.

Use AI and mathematics only , avoid useless indicators and nonsensical EAs. There are a ton of them out there.

Habari bwana Wanyama.  

I have been adding to my Crypto portfolio and have been looking into varying types of price measurements.  I too believe Price is the best "indicator" for any instrument and am instead looking at how traders place their trades, what factors impact it at that time, and the percent of price movement that starts a frenzy.  I am learning from Crypto that the frenzy is almost constant.  5% swings happen almost hourly if not daily.  The "news" and FUD heavily influences it and I can definitely tell that institutional money has entered for sure due to the significant amount of "price manipulation" I have been seeing.  It doesn't correlate well with the historical crypto price data etc.

Reason: