Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 148

Hello guys i have an EA based on RSi how do i make stop opening that many trades when the signals are processed
Hello, I have some problem with code execution in demo account. The problem is that some BUY-STOP orders remain on the terminal as BUY-STOP while they should have become BUY. The price goes up and the terminal still shows an open BUY-STOP order. If you try to close such an order manually, the
I'm getting this error - error fill not supported - when trying to close a position using the mt5 trade.mgh  include file. The ea fails to close the position. I've serched everywhere and cant find a solution. Is there a problem in the mgh file below?? bool CTrade::SetTypeFillingBySymbol(const string...
EUR USD check no trading operation check gold no trade this is driving me crazy Help my please
Hi, I don't want to place trade. Instead of place trade I need to use Array, put all trades data into Array and if loss/profit trades need to save in array? I can use lot for each trade 0.01 and then check, but I need without make trade because in this case I will lost 0.01. I can make this in demo
I am developing an EA and I have observed the following results: 1. My EA stopped out. 2. My EA is now calculating negative lot size. 3. The balance is now shown in Pips instead of currency (USD) Yesterday it was working fine with a positive gain. Here is a screenshot for observation number 3. What
  StopLevel  (4)
I have been studying the the code for the jolly roger ea and have a few questions....    StopLevel=SymbolInfoInteger(Symbol(),SYMBOL_TRADE_STOPS_LEVEL);//--- set orders   if(PositionsTotal()<1 && OrdersTotal()<1)    ...
Hi everyone. I wonder how in the world the dealer can run the trade using EA. So when I hover to the running trade, It shows tooltips like image attached. Anyone have an explanation
Hello Everyone, I'm trying to store tickdata and not sure what would be the most effective way to store this data. The Tick Data I want to store will be up to 1 minute of data and based on this I would like to do some calculations therefore I will require to access that data at any millisecond time
Hello, my first post here :) Im working on a robot for US500, but the backtesting quality with every tick is mostly n/a so I can not trust. The open trade is around 50% which is also way to unsecure. I need a 99% quality when I make a backtesting on MT4. I have tried to download 3 years history from
Hello, I asked a question earlier and got enough to write this. What I'm trying to do is to Trail Stop and Partial Close on a Ticket and only do it once. As currently its closing partially twice. How do I add the ticket to the array and check if ticket[i] != array then we can move sl and close
Hi, please can someone help. I do not think this is a code issue, I think a terminal issue or 'another' problem. I'm developing an EA and under testing (strategy tester) everything worked as expected until two days ago. Now, whenever I run an EA under test it will not complete an order giving the...
When the product was not validated the error was failed instant sell 10 GBPUSD [Volume limit reached]. //Checks before any position is opened bool CheckLotForMinMax( double Trade) { double min_volume = NormalizeDouble ( SymbolInfoDouble ( _Symbol , SYMBOL_VOLUME_MIN ), _Digits ); double
I've read this post. But I am still not clear. Here is my log when stop loss is executed in strategy tester. Now I have a position. It looks like OnTradeTransaction() is triggered 3 times. The MqlTradeTransaction is: TRADE_TRANSACTION_HISTORY_ADD The MqlTradeTransaction is:...
Hi, I'm working on linux, and I rarely use IDE's, especially their text editors. So I have a directory with my EA in it, say, at the path home/lrdprdx/projects/experts/dummy . I can open it in the MQL5Editor and compile. But I cannot debug it (the buttons are inactive). So I have to copy my . mq5
  MagicNumber  (1)
Hi guys! About Magic Number… I read materials about Magic Number using, but just before I do changes in my EA I would like an opinion. So I have one EA that is opened on each particular pair. I do not use it on same pair twice ( like different timeframes). So in this case, can I remove Magic Number
I just noticed that MetaQuotes' own Commission () -function no longer works, because its code is... double CPositionInfo::Commission ( void ) const { return ( PositionGetDouble ( POSITION_COMMISSION )); } ...and POSITION_COMMISSION seems to no longer be a member of
Pressing the f7 key turns turn airplane mode and does not compile the ex5 file thanks in advance for any help
Hello, I'm modifying a position once profit reaches a certain level and taking 2 lots of volume out of 4 lots and letting the trade ride. However I'm getting some odd behavior that it will close my second position as well a short time later. Anyone got any ideas
I am running a long-only strategy that opens multiple long trades, and then sells them off one by one. The first position it sells should correspond with the ticket of the first position it had opened. I have been browsing the forums for literally hours on end, as well as documentation, but have
I'm having a problem back testing my EA which opens 2 (or more) pending buy limit orders for the same symbol in a netting account. The deals associated with the 2 orders have different DEAL_TICKET and DEAL_ORDER values, but the same DEAL_POSITION_ID value. As a result, when a Take Profit (or Stop
Does anyone know where I can get a 3 HMA Crossover EA that sends long trade when: -1st Fast HMA crosses up the 2nd slower HMA - 2nd HMA crosses up 3rd slowest HMA -Enter Buy trade on the first Bull candle that closes above the 2nd slower HMA Any help is greatly appreciated
Hi everyone, I found a script for MT5 which automatically and immediately adds a predefined stoploss to active positions. Is there a way modify it, so also non-triggered stop and limit orders receive a SL? It's mainly a safety issue for me, because I trade on the 1m and I am worried my internet
Hello, I am looking for an EA that can trade Volatility 75 index from the broker Deriv. I have not found any, but was wondering if anyone knew of any that have been tested and proven to be profitable? Thank you, C
Hi all, I am just wondering if it is possible to modify a trade I opened manually using an EA that I wrote after the trade by using orderID or something of the like. For example, long trade is opened manually at 8pm and I would love to insert EA conditions that will guide when to take profit on this
I am searching for a way to Fill an Array with some values in brackets so I don't have to mess around with indices for doing that like string array[1]="name1"; string array[2]="name2"; string array[3]="name3"; and so on... I got the idea in a python tutorial and now I have a similar problem in MQL5
Hello everyone, I have a simple problem with Buy-Limit order I want just one order to put but while backtesting I see unlimited orders put every tick and these are my codes if ( BuyLimit () < 1 ) if ( Buys () < 1 ) { trade.SetExpertMagicNumber(MagicNumber);
I was searching about the partial filling of orders and what happens with the ticket of a position that derives from it. I have found out that the ticket of a position is the same as the ticket of the issued order, as stated by mt5. Following this statement, when an order is partially filled, and I
  Scripts for mt5  (10)
I'm looking for scripts for mt5: break even close all Sell on chart (by symbol) close all Buy on chart (by symbol) close all Profit on chart (by symbol)