Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 147

To post a new topic, please log in or register
Hello guys, I know this is far fetched but I was wondering if anyone wants to join me into creating an EA that uses both fundamental and technical indicators. I am talking about any and all indicators people have written and are using. I mean all from the simple MA to more complex algorithms...
Hi everyone, I'm trying to make my own trailing stop, because I want to put my own stop rules. As a test I made this stop which I put in OnTick () class, but analyzing this stop I noticed that he has a problem, he never stays in profit zone .. always is an amount as a small prejudice .. even...
Hi, There's a way to iterate over all indicators to remove them all? Thanks.
  Ea sending info (12   1 2)
Hi, When i attach the ea, does broker knows i'm using ea for trading? Thanks.
Hi there mql5 forum, Im working in a EA(MQL5) and i want that every time, the EA trades, bring the chart of the currency pairs traded to the front. For example, im reading the email and the EA trades in EURUSD, and that chart jumps to the front, in front of the email window. Is it possible...
Hello, Is it at all possible to stream the tick chart into a column in Excel, where every last trade is filed in subsequent rows in a column? Also, is it possible to have Excel execute trades automatically with some kind of DDE - for example, if a cell reads "BUY," then Metatrader would execute a...
Hi i use this code in my EA to use Zigzag indicator int q, l; double r0, r1, r2, r3, r4, r5; l=0; while(q<5)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;{ if(r0>0) {r5=r4; r4=r3; r3=r2; r2=r1; r1=r0; } r0=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"zigzag",depth,5,3,0,l); if(r0>0) {q+=1;...
Hi! I have a problem that I just can't find the solution for; I have an EA which has a few different methods for taking the trades. Now what I would like to do is to draw some sort of a line indicator of how these methods are doing against each other. First I tried to find out if it is possible to...
Hi there. The title says it all, if I sum up bid and ask volume on every tick for give instrument (EURUSD), I notice, that sometimes volumes in market depth are exactly the same. Why is that so? If new tick was triggered, that would mean that a deal was made at a different price then before, but...
Can someone Please Help me on what I am doing wrong on my code. I want to open a trade once price goes X number of pips above or below Ask/Bid. My Code Below is not opening trades and returns no error sellprice=iOpen(NULL, 0, 0)-Distance*MyPoint*Point; //Distance is the number of pips away from...
Hi, I am trying to code an EA for pending buy stop and sell stop orders. buy stop : open[0]+0.0003 sell stop : open[0]-0.0003 This EA is placing only buy stop orders and not placing any sell stop. Kindly suggest necessary modification...
I want to send information about a trade oppurtunity from MT5 to MT4. What i wonder about is in what order things should be done. My idea is that the receiver should create the pipe and "listen" and the sender should open and send Receiver: - Create, Open, Send Receiver: - Open, Read, Flush,...
What's wrong with this code? It only open sell orders but not buy orders. extern int MagicNumber=10001;extern double Lots =0.1;extern double StopLoss=120;extern double TakeProfit=120;extern int TrailingStop=50;extern int...
I'm seeing some signals that are 'ranked' high and yet have very nasty draw downs and are doubling up on losing positions. &nbsp; &nbsp;Great way to lose your entire deposit...
Do we have any sort of reliable guarantee that MetaTrader doesn't blend/backtest and re-use any EAs or Signals we publish on the markets? &nbsp;One thing I know is that successful traders will split their trades across different brokers and sometimes fake massive drawdowns in order to make sure no...
Hi How to do a function that observes a variable and check if it's changing. Something like this? "HAS CHANGED" is just for showing the logics that i am looking for. double low_f = Low[iLowest(NULL,0,MODE_LOW,52,1)];if(low_f HAS CHANGED) {Print("Value has changed new low_f value is" low_f);}   Or...
Hello, How to make two classes in a way that each class to have a reference to the other? In general I want to have later these classes in separate files. The problem is that when I define the classes, the first class doesn't see the second definition. #property strictclass...
can someone help me to add to this EA stochastic filtering , so that the opening of the position is conditioned by crossing stochastic and CCI crossing ?
For example Performance CoolLite signal has a 5000 EUR min. deposit. Does that mean I can't test the signal with 100 EUR? Why do they care what my deposit is?
Is it possible to subscribe to multiple signals and blend them?  Ideally the ability to algorithmic-ally change the blending based on changing market conditions and backtesting with said signals would be nice.
See attached picture the stop loss in sell order is 1,58051 and take profit in buy order is 1,58051 The first time when the price up to 1.58051 just sell order close !!
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| 1.mq4 |//| Imperial Blaze |//| www.facebook.com/m4hfoud...
Hi Guys, I have an EA that on certain conditions, it should reverse the current position. This level, of course, is the same SL for the position. I am doing the following. Modifying position to set new SL (working ok according to the backtest journal) Placing new Buy/Sell Stop with price at...
  Errorhandling in MQL5 (18   1 2)
Hello, is there any way to catch an error? Since there is no try..catch mechanism in mql5, a program will crash upon creating an error. This seems to be a major design flaw in the mql5 language. Once the program detects an error it knows it will deliberately crash. One can try to miminize damage...
Hello, I am having trouble with an existing EA I had designed. It is made up of two moving averages crossing to create Buy/Sell signals. I now want to shift the second indicator over 1 bar and it still function to open/close - buy/sell signals when it crosses the other MA. I know this is a...
  CCI_MA (1)
Hello to all I need someone to explain to me how to raise lots and the exact function of the function "SLEEP" in the attached file. thank you in advance
Omusubi-X
  Is it a bug? (4)
When I optimize it in a strategy tester, it has stopped on the way. Is it a bug?
I am a big fan of grid trading system, because it can bring us good earning in short time.But we all know grid trading is dangerous, because it can result in huge drawdown when the market start trending. Most of the time the market just go sideway and we have no problem with that. Do you think we...
I found this free EA here: <EDITED by moderator : link to commercial site are not allowed on this forum> Does anyone know how to read this free EA code and can help me add this line to the EA. (iRSI(NULL,0,10,PRICE_MEDIAN,0)>50) That line will only allow the EA to place a buy or sell order if...
I have a free trend indicator like this. I want to take if( trend is UP) do something or if(trend is DOWN) do another thing.. How can I set iCustom?? İt gives me alert. Can I use alert for this? #property indicator_chart_window#property indicator_buffers 4#property indicator_color1 Yellow#property...