Signals : Ask & Say Anything & Everything About MQL5 Trading Signals - page 18

pkaneria:

Hello,

I subscribed to a few signals about a month ago. How do I remove these subscriptions? I want to create my own signal and I get the following message.

"" It is not allowed to set up a new Signal based on the trading account that is subscribed to another Signal. Resale or free retransmission of Trading Signals is prohibited. ".

I went into my subscriptions and I see all 3 subscriptions which have either expired or finished. I can not figure out how to remove them from my subscriptions. 

pkaneria:

Hello, Can you tell me how I can remove subscriptions that I subscribed to ? I am trying to create my own signal and I get the message that you are subscribed to some signals. 

Please don't double post in forum !, You are already create a topic asking that question. When posting in forum, wait patiently for the answer, coz not everyone are in forum at the same time.

if you can not wait, use mql5 search and search using your question. 

phi.nuts:
I think I answered you here, https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/8941/page8#comment_401290

Hi Phi,

Actually I found to my almost painful experience that if provider has suffixes and yours dont(that is if symbols dont match), then MT4 auto DISABLED trading (message displayed in Journal log tab "trade is disabled"). When I click on "Enabled real-time subscription" it is checked-off. If I rechecked this, system again went thru checking EACH and EVERY symbol by provider and auto disabled it AGAIN! But when I displayed "My Subscription" it indicated that I am subscribed so I had to unsubscribed. The signal I choose was profitable and cost USD100 which I made payment into my acct in order to subscribe. So I had sent email to ask an administrator (Alex) to help with this issue. Fortunately for me Alex after investigating found that my claim is valid, cos I cant trade so NO trades were generated into my acct (I didnt fraudulently filed a refund claim while there are already profitables trades generated), and I filed this request within 30mins of realising this issue. I filed the query first coz I saw the message in the Journal tab and asked Alex what it meant. At first, he told me system will try to map, but actually it DOESNT (at least not MT4, note I did not ask whether this will work for MT5 so you may know since I dont have MT5).

YES! I file this suggestion with Alex which he thinks is valid for discussion as upgrade to MT4

1) To allow MT4 to map currency symbol 1st 6 characters automatically so providers with suffixes (if not mistaken all brokers used suffixes NOT PREFIXES, eg, EURUSD.xsx, EURUSD., EURUSDmx, EURUSDfx, NOT fxEURUSD), so this will then benefit ALL subscribers

2) For other symbols map according to defaults eg my broker=Gold, provider or most broker=XAUUSD (but there is also XAUEUR), so map this to XAUUSD coz broker that used GOLD as symbol refers to USD

3) To provide TWO level confirmation, 1st level same as now, agreement to terms of service, 2nd level wait for MT4/5 to check thru and mapped thru the symbols. Any errors, subscription is NOT activated, if no errors, subscribers has to confirm, maybe with a message eg

"Checking and mapping of symbols is successfully processed. If this is a paid service you will be charged. No fees for free services. To confirm click the confirm button, or cancel to re-select your signal provider"

or

"NOT all symbols can be mapped successfully, refer to your journal log for more information regarding this issue. Subscription is not enabled, click continue to reselect your signal provider, or cancel to exit"

Alex did told me that currently payment is being frozen BUT not paid to provider until 30days is over, but in cases whereby subscribers cancel halfway FULL charges are levied (to protect the provider's product, so that subscribers dont benefit fraudently). So he helped me to reverse this amt back into my acct and I was able to subscribe to another provider (and this time I CHECKED 3x to ensure that providers only had major pairs, no suffixes, and his strategy only trade major pairs, which ALL brokers carry). In the case whereby the provider trades something else which subscriber's broker did not have eg he trade USDMXN which some brokers dont carry, the subscription can get terminated (as of now).

Alex agree that some protection should also exist for subscribers such as myself, as I highlighted to him that its sometimes not possible to go thru pages of trading history to "map" and checked that we also have these same symbols on own platform. There is NO summary of instruments being traded. Is either MQL5 includes this summary for subscribers to check, or best MT4 implements such confirmation/verification before funds get frozen. This is also to ensure MT4 dont leave the subscription status as "subscribed" when trading is disabled (very silly and illogical). IT should never be subscribed in the 1st place. Hopefully within 6mths or so, we have good news from Metatraders as to new updates.

*PS: In addition its also somethings impossible to open a similar brokerage acct, eg, US citizen cannot open with any brokerage as a restriction by their own regulations (NFA), and certainly how do I read Russian (if provider had a russian brokerage not available with US/UK/Australia/NZ outlets)? Register myself for Russian speaking classes? If provider has a French based broker or whatever, I need to learn to speak French? Must as well register myself as multi-lingual expert after all this effort and cost (even time taken). If you go thru the MT4 providers, you can find some with out-of-space brokerage that you never even heard of. That's how I knew that some providers had a russian brokerage that only exists in russian! Talk abt fx trading being 3.5T, is no wonder Russia has its own brokerage, after all, its a progressive country, and LOL, I thought it has a powerful military, snow and delicious sausages, (fx trading brokerage??? Now that's something I learnt after 4yrs of trading)

Hi ymleong,

So sorry that you have miserable experience. I try to answer one by one.

From what I read here, I assume that these errors apparently only happen with some subscriber - not all of them, and mostly to mql5 signal for MT4 - not for MT5 - and that's why it so confusing :(

1. With all respect to Alexx, and your effort to contact him, you should also write this to Service Desk.

YES! I file this suggestion with Alex which he thinks is valid for discussion as upgrade to MT4

1) To allow MT4 to map currency symbol 1st 6 characters automatically so providers with suffixes (if not mistaken all brokers used suffixes NOT PREFIXES, eg, EURUSD.xsx, EURUSD., EURUSDmx, EURUSDfx, NOT fxEURUSD), so this will then benefit ALL subscribers

I agree with this, but I think this is already done in MT4, because, Unfortunately, at any time, broker (yours and everyone's) can change their symbol name, adding prefix and suffix to symbol name.

2) For other symbols map according to defaults eg my broker=Gold, provider or most broker=XAUUSD (but there is also XAUEUR), so map this to XAUUSD coz broker that used GOLD as symbol refers to USD

This is difficult. GOLD is not XAU and vice versa, and both broker can change it later (What is "gold" in your language ?). XAUUSD is a price of gold in USD and XAUEUR is a price of gold in EUR, they are not the same and should not be traded synchronizenicaly.

3) To provide TWO level confirmation, 1st level same as now, agreement to terms of service, 2nd level wait for MT4/5 to check thru everything and mapped thru the symbols. Any errors, subscription is NOT activated, if no errors, subscribers has to confirm, 

I agree with that

5. It's a recommendation - not a mandatory -  to use same broker as provider. There's other way to solve this but it's violating signal rules section VII point 8, 9, 10 about copying.

Forgot to write a thank you : Thank you for writing your experience here :)

Good luck with your trading. 

phi.nuts:

Please don't double post in forum !, You are already create a topic asking that question. When posting in forum, wait patiently for the answer, coz not everyone are in forum at the same time.

if you can not wait, use mql5 search and search using your question. 

This was my first time posting and I was not sure if my question went thru because I did not see it or was not able to find it posted.

phi.nuts:

Hi ymleong,

So sorry that you have miserable experience. I try to answer one by one.

From what I read here, I assume that these errors apparently only happen with some subscriber - not all of them, and mostly to mql5 signal for MT4 - not for MT5 - and that's why it so confusing :(

1. With all respect to Alexx, and your effort to contact him, you should also write this to Service Desk.

I agree with this, but I think this is already done in MT4, because, Unfortunately, at any time, broker (yours and everyone's) can change their symbol name, adding prefix and suffix to symbol name.

This is difficult. GOLD is not XAU and vice versa, and both broker can change it later (What is "gold" in your language ?). XAUUSD is a price of gold in USD and XAUEUR is a price of gold in EUR, they are not the same and should not be traded synchronizenicaly.

I agree with that

5. It's a recommendation - not a mandatory -  to use same broker as provider. There's other way to solve this but it's violating signal rules section VII point 8, 9, 10 about copying.

Forgot to write a thank you : Thank you for writing your experience here :)

Good luck with your trading. 

Phi,

MT4 DOES NOT know how to do "mapping" as of now, I dont know about MT5. Mt4 will just reject EVERY symbol that does not match and disable the trading. Eg Provider has EURJPYXD, my=EURJPY, rejected. To be a bit rude, I had all the symbols that provider traded but provided had "XD" as suffix

For the point of having same broker as provider, for this provider (Forex Navigator) he opened a PAMM manager's acct in liteforex. Would u open a PAMM-manager's acct just so u could subscribe to his signals? YES I am sure, some providers only have a Russsian based broker! Anyways I communicated with this provider and ask him to consider opening a NDD acct with liteforex and I dont mind opening liteforex NDD acct and paid USD100 for his signals. His EA is already working well with liteforex trading quotes, so its not a big deal for him to take up another acct with his earned commission to start a small acct that will allow subscribers to trade his signals. It will benefit him and his serious followers

To answer my own questions regards acct types etc, I believe long term its maybe more benefit to trade on your own and I was  NOT bad. I was ranked 3x out of 6mths top 50 with IBFX mini acct challenge (until I had quit after 6 mths coz at that point they had a US based and NFA steps in with FIFO rules and what have u), and I was also top 4 (sept/2012) with 48% ROI with Hot Forex. But signal services allow us to also benefit from trading differently without the same time spent using to self trade. But a lot of times I had seen EA failed terribly coz they are not coded to cope with sudden drastic changing conditions, such as sep-11 or global financial meltdown. (thats why there was a meltdown, NOBODY was copped to deal with this)

I accept your comments on Gold coz this may be different instruments to different brokerage. Anyways Alex did told me that refund is case by case basis, and they will investigate before deciding and granting such refunds. As Alex had explained funds are frozen not paid out yet. If as per my case, I reported it as early as possible, then its easier for administrator to judge in my favor.  And I was really glad I didnt lost my $ this time round.

For the first round rgds my changing % of deposit, I managed to un-subscribe and self-manage the trades and made usd300+ and re-coup half my losses since that provider was very profitable and had very good trend following signals. It sometimes takes a silly person like me to find out all the improvement areas and hopefully no actual $ was lost in the process in order for improvements. My personal favourite motto regarding mistakes:

If you DID NOT make ANY mistakes, then you have already made a mistake

Pt 8 of same broker, pls refer relevant paragraph

1. It is recommended that trading accounts of the Subscriber and Provider be on the same trade server and in the same group of accounts for trading services provided. This will help to minimize the risk of inability to execute buy/sell transactions based on Provider's Signals.

It is NOt a violation, it is a "RECOMMENDED" not "MUST". IMHO violation means u didnt follow the rules. Recommendation meant roughly "u should have" not a "u must have" 

ymleong:

Pt 8 of same broker, pls refer relevant paragraph

1. It is recommended that trading accounts of the Subscriber and Provider be on the same trade server and in the same group of accounts for trading services provided. This will help to minimize the risk of inability to execute buy/sell transactions based on Provider's Signals.

It is NOt a violation, it is a "RECOMMENDED" not "MUST". IMHO violation means u didnt follow the rules. Recommendation meant roughly "u should have" not a "u must have" 

Hi ymleong,

I have to address your comment here, because you obviously did not correctly read my comment :(

This is what I said

5. It's a recommendation - not a mandatory -  to use same broker as provider. There's other way to solve this but it's violating signal rules section VII point 8, 9, 10 about copying

I never said that it is a violation of the rules when using different broker than signal provider, I said it's violation of the rules if it is copying.

I'll write later about the difficulties in solving some mql5 signal problem, when you can read carefully later.

regards 

Under Meta Trader 4, demo, I subscribed to "The Scalper". Trying to connect with it in my MT4 terminal, I find in options that it's not connected to this site, so the signal doesn't work. Any help on this newbie problem?

Thanks

vcny:

Under Meta Trader 4, demo, I subscribed to "The Scalper". Trying to connect with it in my MT4 terminal, I find in options that it's not connected to this site, so the signal doesn't work. Any help on this newbie problem?

Thanks

What the log says (Ctrl + T > journal tab) ?

phi.nuts:

Hi ymleong,

I have to address your comment here, because you obviously did not correctly read my comment :(

This is what I said

I never said that it is a violation of the rules when using different broker than signal provider, I said it's violation of the rules if it is copying.

I'll write later about the difficulties in solving some mql5 signal problem, when you can read carefully later.

regards 

Hi Phi,

Apologies, ah...now I am listening. YES in earlier post I recall reading someone asked whether he can used an EA to "map" it out to trade the provider's signals then its violation, ONE mt4 acct is ONE signal, no other EA can EXIST, so even EA that helps to re-start MT4 (which MTi provided FOC for download) is NOT allowed to be attached to your subscribed acct.

Anyways, metaquotes has yet to respond to my suggestions (a LONG.....list) and sent me a reply email that someone is looking into this feedback. With great thanks to Alex who will also help to forward my suggestion on 2nd level confirmation as protection for subscribers, I am sure we could all look forward to greater ability by MT4/5

My personal wish was that there is a GLOBAL "blueprint" for all brokers should follow regards naming convention. Brokers used suffix to denote the various accts. Eg FXOPEN used a "DOT" to represent their micro acct. I was evaluating a subscriber with a fxopen real 2 server. But when I saw that the symbols has a "DOT" I dropped a mail to him. He confirmed that he is using a micro acct. Since I had a micro acct as well, once he opens for subscription, I may just transfer some $ from my ecn acct into my micro acct and subscribe with him. And if he is able to trade an instrument that fxopen does not support, I will EAT my own pc (esp if i also had a micro fxopen acct)!

phi.nuts:

Here you can ask anything and say everything about MQL5 Trading Signal - including signal for MetaTrader 4.

I encourage other user who may have experience and answer to reply and answer and help fellow signal user questions here.  

does JPY pairs need different strategy???

Reason: