Signals : Ask & Say Anything & Everything About MQL5 Trading Signals - page 17

Hi. Please excuse my lack of knowledge in this field, but I am new to Forex and new to Automated Trading so might ask a silly question.......apologies in advance.

I would like to know the following;

1, If I employ the services of a MQL programmer to create an automated trading robot, based on my strategy, can I then market and sell the said robot as an automatic download to a Client who has installed MetaTrader?

2, If so, would such a robot work on both MTL 4 & MTL 5?

3, Can the robot's use be controlled remotely? If I were to market the robot on a subscription basis, and a Client failed to pay - would it be possible to disable the app from my base?

Thankyou in advance for any help you might offer. If any of you guys can turn my ideas into an AE robot then I'd love to hear from you.

Steve.

UK.

ahernhouse:

Hi. Please excuse my lack of knowledge in this field, but I am new to Forex and new to Automated Trading so might ask a silly question.......apologies in advance.

I would like to know the following;

1, If I employ the services of a MQL programmer to create an automated trading robot, based on my strategy, can I then market and sell the said robot as an automatic download to a Client who has installed MetaTrader?

2, If so, would such a robot work on both MTL 4 & MTL 5?

3, Can the robot's use be controlled remotely? If I were to market the robot on a subscription basis, and a Client failed to pay - would it be possible to disable the app from my base?

Thankyou in advance for any help you might offer. If any of you guys can turn my ideas into an AE robot then I'd love to hear from you.

Steve.

UK.

This topic is dicussing mql5 signal, so please next time if you don't know where to post a topic, just go to mql5 forum https://www.mql5.com/en/forum and post your topic in general section or in here Say & Ask anything/everything

1. Yes you can sell them in Market section  which also displayed in MT5, but not in MT4.

2. What is MTL4 and MTL5 ? Did you mean MT4 and MT5 or MQL4 and MQL5 ?. If your robot is written using MQL4 language program then it only works for MT4, if it's written with MQL5 language program, then it only works for MT5.

3. Yes you can controlled remotely, but you have to ask programmer to create such control. There are no function in MQL language to control EA remotely.

It's EA and not AE.

MQL5 forum
MQL5 forum
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5: Forum on automated trading systems and strategy testing

fxyekim:

phi>nuts, is the magic number used to identifye synch trades?  My MT4 EA uses the magic number, everytime it adds a position, the subscribers terminal does not recognized previously synch position.  Thus, asks the operator to remove all non-related trades.

AFAIK, magic number is stored in MT, it's never transmitted to broker server.

What do you mean by " ... asks the operator to remove all non-related trades." ?, can you give an example ?.

fxyekim, I change my mind about this, I think magic number is sent to server, that's why we can retrieve historical magic number from historical data.

I guess someone lying to me about this :( 

phi.nuts:

fxyekim, I change my mind about this, I think magic number is sent to server, that's why we can retrieve historical magic number from historical data.

I guess someone lying to me about this :( 

That's ok, I don't think it is used in the actual synching between provider and subscriber. It's purpose is to contain the signal ID and comments is used to contain the signal Name. I don't know how each trade is matched especially those with multiple and hedge positions. There must be a token that is not visible to us.

Here's what I think is the problem with copy S/L, T/P on MT4 signals. On first synch, the client is force to send market order WITH sl and tp. As we know this is not possible on manual or EA. However, it gets executed with sl and tp. A few minutes later, it is removed and both are 0s. When a new signal arrives later, the windows for not ready to synch pop-sup.

When I turned of copy sl/tp on subscriber, I see a proper market order without sl and tp. The orders are still closed when a close signal arrives. So, I'm advising my subscribers to uncheck this feature.

In the meantime, I'm using the /portable command to start a demo subscriber and provider that are installed outside of program files. I had them installed outside but did not add the /portable. Don't know whether this will have an effect. I'm testing this demo pair for the pending orders not synchronizing.

ADD: No joy! Pending orders still not synching.   Installled outside with /portable command.

phi.nuts:

This topic is dicussing mql5 signal, so please next time if you don't know where to post a topic, just go to mql5 forum https://www.mql5.com/en/forum and post your topic in general section or in here Say & Ask anything/everything

1. Yes you can sell them in Market section  which also displayed in MT5, but not in MT4.

2. What is MTL4 and MTL5 ? Did you mean MT4 and MT5 or MQL4 and MQL5 ?. If your robot is written using MQL4 language program then it only works for MT4, if it's written with MQL5 language program, then it only works for MT5.

3. Yes you can controlled remotely, but you have to ask programmer to create such control. There are no function in MQL language to control EA remotely.

It's EA and not AE.

Thanks phi.nuts - I did say I was new to this, and I'm still finding my way around this forum. Oh, and I dont even know what EA stands for so please excuse my ignorance.

Steve. 

but it happens every time a new signal is sent?

another sign is not received, you looked at that?

Hello,

I subscribed to a few signals about a month ago. How do I remove these subscriptions? I want to create my own signal and I get the following message.

"" It is not allowed to set up a new Signal based on the trading account that is subscribed to another Signal. Resale or free retransmission of Trading Signals is prohibited. ".

I went into my subscriptions and I see all 3 subscriptions which have either expired or finished. I can not figure out how to remove them from my subscriptions. 

phi.nuts:

Here you can ask anything and say everything about MQL5 Trading Signal - including signal for MetaTrader 4.

I encourage other user who may have experience and answer to reply and answer and help fellow signal user questions here.  

Hello, Can you tell me how I can remove subscriptions that I subscribed to ? I am trying to create my own signal and I get the message that you are subscribed to some signals.

ahernhouse:

Thanks phi.nuts - I did say I was new to this, and I'm still finding my way around this forum. Oh, and I dont even know what EA stands for so please excuse my ignorance.

Steve.  

EA = Expert Adsisors.

feliperimoli:

but it happens every time a new signal is sent?

another sign is not received, you looked at that?

Among thing that I notice is Speed Hunter has 81 subscriber and one of them is you and it seem that you are the (only) one who has the problem.

feliperimoli,

1. What is your operating system, and what bit is it ?

2. Where did you install your MT4 ? Is it in C:\Program Files\... ?

Reason: