Get in touch with developers using Service Desk! - page 116

I've been testing some simple code, which creates custom symbol. Code also calculates 300 bars and saves them -> updates rates.

Every bar is saved as MqlRates structure, which should hold 60 bytes of data (8 bytes datetime, OHLC 4x8 bytes, tickvolume 8 bytes, spread 4 bytes, real volume 8 bytes).

When I execute my code, 300 test bars/candles is successfully saved. I have manually checked custom symbol in the symbol list and everything is correct.

The problem is the size of the .hcc history file, which is created for custom symbol. The file was the size of 1.92 Mb.

The size is 100x more then it should be. Real size should be -> 60 x 300 = 18000 ->  0.018 MB + a couple hundred bytes of data for file header.

This specific example only saves 300 bars, if I was saving 10000 or more, the size would be in hundreds of MB or even GB.

One bar has 60 bytes of information, yet 600 bytes is saved. What is even in that additional 540 bytes?

Is there some step I am missing in the process of custom symbol creation or is this massive error in MQL?

The size of .hcc files for custom symbols is unacceptable, unnecessary and dangerous for disk health, if used on regular basis.

I would like to report this error, so it can be fixed.

Custom symbols: Practical basics
Custom symbols: Practical basics
  • www.mql5.com
The article is devoted to the programmatic generation of custom symbols which are used to demonstrate some popular methods for displaying quotes. It describes a suggested variant of minimally invasive adaptation of Expert Advisors for trading a real symbol from a derived custom symbol chart. MQL source codes are attached to this article.

I want to create seller account, but i dont get code on my phone, tried 3 times, now it says try after 24 hours

Amin Shaikh #:
I want to create seller account, but i dont get code on my phone, tried 3 times, now it says try after 24 hours
There is one thread with the general advices about what to do:
What to do if I am not receiving the verification SMS from MQL5.com to my phone?
What to do if I am not receiving the verification SMS from MQL5.com to my phone?
  • www.mql5.com
Please check the following: Confirm that your phone provider permits the reception of international SMS messages. Ensure network coverage is strong...

hello

i want to change my location 

i am living in Canada now

please do it for me

Hello I have developer who I hired to do a conversion of 4 indicators from mt4 to mt5 and the developer only did half of the conversion and now is telling me he wont provide a source code unless I close the job what do I do close it out or ask for a arbitration? what options do I have?

Hello there, I have subscribed to a signal provider, but there is a problem with the XAUUSD symbol. the terminal detects all symbols except XAUUSD while you can see it in the market watch.

I have no idea!

Kiarash Ghorbani Sarikhanbegloo #:

Hello there, I have subscribed to a signal provider, but there is a problem with the XAUUSD symbol. the terminal detects all symbols except XAUUSD while you can see it in the market watch.

I have no idea!

"symbol not found" issue is related to the mapping:

------------------------

to the mapping, for example: symbols' specification, margin calculation of the symbol proposed by the broker, and more.
Details:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Copying signal with different broker

Sergey Golubev, 2023.10.21 07:01

Read this part of FAQ -

------------------

Also, make sure that your broker allows this symbol to trade for traders with Forex margin calculation in specification, more in details:

mapping

Kiarash Ghorbani Sarikhanbegloo #:

I have no idea!

Hello Sergey, tnx for your help. I will check all and I think the main problem is margin calculation.

Hi Im having problem backtesting with EA, until yesterday it was fine, today the MT5 use all the memory (256GB) in matter of minutes until the computer crashes.

I have a Lenovo P620 With a Threadripper 3995WX pro, 256gb of Memory.

I read in some old threads the there was a problem with amd processors, I wonder if this problem is back.

Thank you.

2024.03.18 15:34:35.350 MQL5.community: MT4 authorization failed. MT4 cannot view and download its own purchase indicators. Please ensure that the account and password are correct. How to solve the problem? Thank you.
Reason: