Bug in strategy tester - page 3

AIRAT SAFIN #:

However from all points of view MetaTrader is the best trading platform compared to others

agreed. however, it is declining in quality with each new release during these past few years.

AIRAT SAFIN #:
Just example
One of #Include files of that Expert is ExpertMoney.mqh
But I see there
   if(price==0.0) ..
   if(lots!=0.0) ..
   if(m_percent==0.0) ..
Maybe this is not a big or potential problem for MQL5 now <God knows best>
But I never do such because for me it is not best way
And not only for me

agreed. This very issue has been discussed at length time and time again, in this very forum by all of the moderators, and yet, none have fixed it. These are issues that have been for years and years, and the devs just continue to blow out the memory requirement to do things while not fixing the features that it already has.

Michael Charles Schefe #:

agreed. This very issue has been discussed at length time and time again, in this very forum by all of the moderators, and yet, none have fixed it. These are issues that have been for years and years, and the devs just continue to blow out the memory requirement to do things while not fixing the features that it already has.

Thank you very much

Boogiea999 #:

In my OS, only MT5 freezes and it is repeatable. At least one person confirmed they have the exact same problem. That's enough proof to raise a case and investigate it.

If I gave the impression that you do not have an issue, then, I appolgise. That was not my intention to say that at all. There have been many threads, over the years with very the same issue that you have clearly demonstrated, however, your complaint will fall on deaf ears, as far as the devs go. However I agree that if every one that has the issue would post a complaint, that the devs would give it priority to fix, however there clearly hasnt been enuf of us complaining to make the devs, "to give a s#@!. All their energies have been spent on making mordern and almost useless and new features, that were never asked for, nor will the normal user ever want. And the fact that not even 1 moderator has posted a comment, is proof that even the moderators are just sick of reading about this same issue over and over again.

Please I'm new here. How can I get someone to code my strategy into an EA? Please help 

Chikezie Nnokwe #:
Please I'm new here. How can I get someone to code my strategy into an EA? Please help 

You can post your requirements/strategy as a job in the Freelance section.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

You can post your requirements/strategy as a job in the Freelance section.

Can a moderator also respond to the original topic about the bug please?

It would also help if somebody can point to the process of how to officially raise a bug fix request.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/462836/page4

seems that this issue may be fixed for some.

New MetaTrader 5 platform build 4230: More built-in applications and expanded ONNX support - I'm trying to fix MT5 error in my EasyAndFast GUPS
New MetaTrader 5 platform build 4230: More built-in applications and expanded ONNX support - I'm trying to fix MT5 error in my EasyAndFast GUPS
  • arvindlk12
  • www.mql5.com
With new mt5 build 4231 on vps, it cannot recognize graphic objects created on the chart. Is it possible to have a direct link to the dowloaded files (not the mt5setup. By the way, this link (at the bottom of this page) works fine to download and install mt5 on my windows 10 64 bit computer: download metatrader 5

Im having similar problem, but in my case starts to consume memory until bottlenecks the CPU. Normally would be 100% of cpu and around 41% of memory would be in use during the backtest and optimizartion, now the memory goes directly to 100% the computer starts to freeze and the time to complete is like 6x or 7x longer that it took before for the exact same test using the same bot with the same time frame.

I have a Lenovo p620 with a AMD Threadripper 3995wx pro with 256gb of  ram, I dont think that the amount a ram is a issue here, since normally it use around 800mb per agent and now is going to more than 2gb until is not anough memory to continue.

NathanYsp #:
Im having similar problem, but in my case starts to consume memory until bottlenecks the CPU. Normally would be 100% of cpu and around 41% of memory would be in use during the backtest and optimizartion, now the memory goes directly to 100% the computer starts to freeze and the time to complete is like 6x or 7x longer that it took before for the exact same test using the same bot with the same time frame.

I have a Lenovo p620 with a AMD Threadripper 3995wx pro with 256gb of  ram, I dont think that the amount a ram is a issue here, since normally it use around 800mb per agent and now is going to more than 2gb until is not anough memory to continue.

i recommend that you create your own thread, and post log entries of a optimisation/backtest and even an image showing the word "freeze" at top of program heading bar and cpu at 100% and memory amount used at that moment.

Reason: