Trend and levels - page 38

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

Hello friends, I also want to contribute to this urgent and confusing topic and suggest to estimate the trend of an instrument by the numerical value of the system potential for a selected sample, for example in the last ten bars of a certain TF, for example D1, and denote it by the symbol T10d1

The numeric value of this potential can be obtained from the equation of the Universal Regression Model (URM)https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/250

see the point? A trend is a post-factum phenomenon, it is determined by the past, the question is, how long may a trend live, without a strong correction? Because if a trend has a strong correction, what for does it need? When there is a strong correction, it means that the profitability of this trend sharply falls, doesn't it?

And as for the trendiness... Well, it all does not work, because the trend is created by traders, and they trade from levels, and any trend that was a strong one in the past, will stop at a strong level, isn't it?

Sergey Lazarenko:

you know what the point is? A trend is a post-factum phenomenon, it is defined by the past, the question is, how long can a trend live, without a strong correction? Because if a trend has a strong correction, then what for does it need? When there is a strong correction, it means that the profitability of this trend sharply falls, doesn't it?

And as for the trendiness... Well, it all does not work, because the trend is created by traders, and they trade at levels, and any trend, that was a strong one in the past, stops at a strong level, isn't it?

Don't jump to conclusions. I suggest that the potential of any instrument is numerically assessed irrespective of levels or other indicators. Regarding the volatility of trending - that's a valid judgement, for example, the trending of the Eurodollar halved from 153 to 83 units on Friday. Isn't it something to think about?

We need to develop the trend indicator by this method. I am ready to provide all necessary information to the programmer.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

the eurodollar trend has halved from 153 to 83. Isn't that something to think about?

It is worth thinking that this is not the way to evaluate the market.

What is 153, what is 83, why not 100 or 200? How about 300? Or at the very least 35 or maybe 43?

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

Don't jump to conclusions. I propose to numerically assess the potential of any instrument regardless of levels or other indicators. Regarding the volatility of trending - this is a valid judgement, for example, the trending of the Eurodollar halved from 153 to 83 units on Friday. Isn't it something to think about?

We need to develop the trend indicator using this method. I am ready to provide all necessary information to the programmer.

What is there to think about? The market is made by people who trade on emotions and needs, and feelings are not controlled by mathematics, or they are?

Then I refer you to the eternal diatribe between Mozart and Salieri, remember? If not, let me remind you that Salieri dreamed of translating everything into mathematics, and what did he achieve? He got nothing but emptiness, and you followed in his footsteps

Sergey Lazarenko:

If not, let me remind you that Salieri dreamed of translating everything into mathematics, and what did he get? He got nothing but emptiness, and you followed in his footsteps.

Unlike Salieri, Yusuf doesn't even know what he's working with or what he's trying to achieve. He's not the only one, of course... but that includes him.

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:

Unlike Salieri, Yusuf does not even know what he is working with or what he is trying to achieve. He's not the only one, of course... but among other things.

If everything is reduced to one denominator, he dreams to describe traders' emotions in formulas and put them into an expert. Let's not talk about minor details. But the fate of this case is known.

Sergey Lazarenko:

If everything is reduced to one denominator, he dreams of describing traders' emotions in formulas and putting them into an expert. We will not talk about minor details. But we know the fate of this case.

Well... this is life... Life doesn't give a damn if you have a PhD or not, if you have a red or blue certificate.

Life teaches you to work for results for yourself, there is no place for grades from 2 to 5.

There is either a result or not.

Tough, but fair.

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:

It is worth reflecting on the fact that this is not how the market should be assessed.

What is 153, what is 83, why not 100 or 200? How about 300? Or at the very least 35 or maybe 43?

These are not figures taken from the sky, but are the result of calculations. Therefore, any insinuations with them are inadmissible.

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:

Unlike Salieri, Yusuf does not even know what he is working with or what he is trying to achieve. He's not the only one, of course... but that includes him.

It's enough that you understand everything. Salieri and Mozart are at rest. It turns out that there are many of us who don't understand.

Sergey Lazarenko:

If everything is reduced to one denominator, he dreams of describing traders' emotions in formulas and putting them into an expert. We will not talk about minor details. But the fate of this case is known.

The fate of the case will soon be clear. It is impossible to put traders' emotions into formulas. There is only one formula - it is a formula of nature or of God, as you like it.

Reason: