Preparing scalping

Disclamer

This thread is not intended to be viewed by the mentally ill, the mentally ill, or those with acute cardiac problems.

The author of this thread declines all responsibility if you've had milk spill, porridge burns, or are late for work while reading or chatting in this thread.

If you make a profit as a result of the knowledge and techniques posted in this thread, it is all the credit to the author. If you made a loss, it is not the author's fault.

In the process of developing the programs posted here no SEAL was harmed.

1. Why I started this thread. To:
    1. To better understand the dark side of the power of scalping.
    2. To test some ideas programmatically with the help of my brothers in intelligence.
    3. To spur my own developments, which are stuck because of my laziness.
    4. Just have fun ))
  2. What I personally plan to do here
    1. Post materials on scalping
    2. Develop programs relevant to scalping.
    3. To post some of my developments for free use.
    4. And everything else, that is not clear yet.
  3. A guess of what the community will be up to.
    1. Same as always - 95%.
    2. 5% will make money.

Around 6 or 7 p.m. I'll post the scalper version as a first sign. I'll translate it into multiplatform version in a waltz. To be more precise, I will continue, because I have started and then abandoned it.

In principle, the archive is already posted on my blog, I need to write instructions.

Volchansky, don't let me down.

I'll give you my full support,

I love rich professionals.

Fast528:
Volchansky, don't disappoint.

In what?

Right,

1. Why I started this thread. In order to:
    1. To better understand the dark side ofthe power of scalping.

You remember, Star Wars has always been won by others

Fast528:

Right,

1. Why I started this thread. In order to:
    1. To better understand the dark side ofthe power of scalping.

You remember, Star Wars was always won by others.

I only watched the first old movies, the newer ones I couldn't get through. Skywalker blew up the Death Star.

I've got a guy from Kenya who's quite the earner, sort of a tester. But it's not a machine. All right, I'll put together a manual today, post it in about two hours.

Hmmm... Let's see, let's see...

Scalpers are something I've never been good at at all. No way. Even the tester graals weren't coming out for shit. My tester graals are as good as the minutes. And those TCs in the League that show something sane are usually on the hours...

I'll be watching this thread with interest.

Georgiy Merts:

Hmmm... Let's see, let's see...

Scalpers are something I've never been good at at all. No way. Even the tester graals weren't coming out for shit. My tester graals are as good as the minutes. And the TCs in the League that show anything sane, they're usually on the clock...

I will watch the thread with interest.

Let's see what's out there, I even made a picture for him to sell

Fast528:

see what's up, I even made him a picture to sell.

no sales, don't set me up

----------

A brief description of the scalper.

This is the second generation of ScalpHunter with slightly different and hopefully better mathematics. I am making it cross-platform at once, here is a fork for MT4, we will switch to cross a bit later.

Still works on price samples at 1Hz. Let's consider the parameters, which are not clear from the name. The important feature of setting various levels like SL, TP and others. They are not set in points, they are set in the universal value

(base currency unit / lot). Why have I set them in this way, and not in pips? Because if we do it in pips, then for each pair we should calculate and set its own value. It is clear that 100 points for EURUSD does not equal 100 points for USDJPY. But if we shift to a non-dimensional value

(Deposits unit / lot) or (EVD / lot), this limitation is removed and the settings become universal for any pair.

A simple example: Depo currency USD, five digit account. We need to set TP=550 pips for EURUSD. 1 pip 0.00001 will be equal to $1/lot, hence we set $550/lot. For other pairs, the value will be recalculated internally.

Please note: if you prefer, you may use the traditional pip based system as well. Feel free to write in the comments.

Parameter description.

Fixed lot - Now scalper is working with fixed lot, in future it will be dynamic.

Profit, EVD/lot after which trailing stops - Virtual trailing stop-loss mode is implemented in scalper. When a certain profit is reached, the order is closed if the micro-trend is considered to be over.

The lower the value, the lower the profit and risk.

StopLoss, EVD/lot

TakeProfit, EVD/lot

Virtual grid step, EVD/lot - The step the scalper attempts to open orders with. In the case of strong movements, the actual step may be larger than this value.

Maximal number of orders for all instruments - should be changed (or added?) to "for this instrument".

Placing SL and TP after the order has been opened - There are very few brokerage companies that do not allow you to place SL and TP right after the order is opened. This usually happens on "honest" ECN. The brokerage company does not know in advance what price will actually open

The order and cannot guarantee the SL and TP at the same time with the opening. If true, the order opens first, then the SL and TP are set.

Use range lines - Important, will be covered in future posts
Allow to trade - Better to leave Disable, on the chart you can control the buttons
Sensitivity to open (reverse direction) - The lower the value, the higher the sensitivity to open the order. The standard is 0.16
Sensitivity to close (opposite direction) - the smaller the value, the higher sensitivity to close the order. Standard 1.0
Slippage - max slippage
Magic - mag. order number
Trades approval start time - time affects only opening of new orders, accompaniment remains
Trades closing time - time affects only opening of new orders, accompaniment is not changed
arrow colour for buying
Arrow colour for sell
Logging of all orders - if true, information about open and closed orders will be written in "\MQL4\Files\ScalpHunter2_AllOrders.ord".
Take screenshots - will take screenshots of the screen into \MQL4\Files\ folder
Screenshots period, sec
Initialization time, sec - scalper needs time to fill signal buffers at start, standard is 120 sec.

Scalping is the simplest and most effective strategy. I was taught it in 2008 in 15 minutes. I have not gone higher since then, and I don't think it is possible or even necessary.
Quote: we are not bulls, we are not bears, we are eagles. See Google for details).
And do not try to dissect it, scalping is a philosophy. Bulls and bears can't afford it.
Sounds to me like Volchansky is not a scalper, but a netminder. Two big differences, though.
Reason: