Interesting and Humour - page 3960

Alexey Klenov:

Yes it is possible in another number system but more than 9, in 16 also does not work

You have to try other non-standard ones, starting with 11.

7,9 + 9,1 + 13

Десятичный разделитель — Википедия
Десятичный разделитель — Википедия
  • ru.wikipedia.org
Десятичный разделитель — знак, используемый для разделения целой и дробной частей вещественного числа в форме десятичной дроби в системе десятичного счисления. Для дробей в иных системах счисления может использоваться термин разделитель целой и дробной частей числа. Иногда также могут употребляться термины десятичная точка и десятичная запятая...

Vitaly Murlenko:

Perhaps it is a test for schizophrenia. The instructions say "using these numbers". Obviously a comma is a separator between numbers when listing them, not a decimal separator. If it said "using the signs below", then you could use 7,9 and 9,1. If 7.9 and 9.1 are used, then the test instruction is not fulfilled - signs are used, not numbers.

The correct answer is "no solution".

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Perhaps it is a test for schizophrenia. The instructions say "using these numbers". Obviously a comma is a separator between numbers when listing them, not a decimal separator. If it said "using the signs below", then you could use 7,9 and 9,1. If 7.9 and 9.1 are used, then the test instruction is not followed - signs are used, not numbers.

The correct answer is "no solution".

I looked and looked, and did not find the solution - for me the separator sign for decimals is a dot. And my wife looked and almost immediately gave me the answer. She is not a programmer - she is a doctor, but she loves mathematics, and does not take conditions of the task strictly - numbers, signs - all the same - it was necessary to substitute the values from the list below - she found and substituted.

It's a way of thinking...

Yeah, she called me a nerd too... :))

Artyom Trishkin:

I looked and looked and did not find the solution - for me the separator sign for decimal fractions is a dot. And my wife looked, and almost immediately gave me the answer - she is not a programmer - a doctor, but she loves mathematics, and does not accept the conditions of the problem strictly - numbers, signs - all one - it was necessary to substitute the values from the list below - she found and substituted.

It's a way of thinking...

Yeah, she called me a nerd too... :))

Even a comma, but then there should have been a semicolon between the fractional numbers.

khorosh:
Even a comma, but then there should have been a semicolon between the fractional numbers.

I say it's a way of thinking. Some people care about delimiters, while others just solve a problem from a given set of numbers/symbols. I have not solved it - there are a lot of barriers - there is no dot as a fractional part separator, there is no semicolon between digits denoting numbers... In general, everyone thinks within their own limitations and horizons.

For some people a line on a piece of paper is just a clumsy line, but for a child who has drawn it carefully with a pencil it is a road - the whole world...

Upsc Puzzle Question
  • solution-dailybrainteaser.blogspot.com.cy
The question that follows came in the UPSC final exam that was held in December 2013. Only one examinee i.e. Gaurav Agarwal was able to solve it. Can you solve it? ? + ? + ? + ? + ? = 30 You have to fill numbers in place of question marks. The numbers that you can...

khorosh:

No need to provoke a political row. Deleted the post about exporting agricultural machinery.

Artyom Trishkin:

No need to provoke a political row. Deleted the post about exporting agricultural machinery.

Well, you've cut down all agriculture at the root )
Reason: