Interesting and Humour - page 326

The dying words of famous people...

Empress Elizaveta Petrovna utterly surprised the physicians when, half a minute before she died, she rose on her pillows and, as always, menacingly, asked: "Am I still alive?!".
But, no sooner had the doctors been frightened than everything corrected itself.

Count Tolstoy's last words on his deathbed were, "I'd like to hear a gypsy - and I don't need anything else!"

Composer Edvard Grieg: "Well, if it's inevitable..."

Pavlov: "Academician Pavlov is busy. He is dying."

The famous naturalist Lacepedes instructed his son:
"Charles, write in large letters the word END at the end of my manuscript."

Physicist Gay-Lussac: "Pity to leave at such an interesting moment."

The legendary Kaspar Békész, who lived his entire life as a militant atheist, yielded to the entreaties of the devout Báthory on his deathbed and agreed to receive a priest.
The priest tried to console him with the fact that he was leaving a house of sorrows and would soon see a better world.
He listened, listened, and then stood up on his bed and said as loudly as he could:
"Get out. Life is beautiful." And so he died.

Louis XV's daughter Louise: "Gallop to heaven! "Gallop to heaven!

Writer Gertrude Stein: "What's the question? What's the question? If there's no question, there's no answer."

Victor Hugo: "I see a black light..."

Eugene O'Neil, writer:
"I knew it! I knew it! Born in a hotel and... damn it... dying in a hotel."

The only thing Henry VIII managed to say before he died was, "Monks... monks... monks".
On the last day of his life, he suffered from hallucinations.
But Henry's heirs arranged a persecution of all available monasteries just in case, suspecting the king had been poisoned by a priest.

George Byron: "Well, I'm off to bed."

Louis XIV shouted at his housemates, "Why are you roaring? Did you think I was immortal?"

Father of dialectics Friedrich Hegel: "Only one man understood me throughout my life... And in fact... he didn't understand me either!"

Wenceslas Nijinsky, Anatole France, Garibaldi whispered the same word before they died: "Mother!"

"Wait a minute." Pope Alexander VI said it.
Everyone did so, but alas - it didn't work, the pope passed away after all.

Euripides, who was rumoured to be simply terrified of his near death, when asked what such a great philosopher could fear in death, replied, "That I know nothing."

Dying, Balzac recalled one of the characters in his stories, the experienced doctor Bianchon: 'He would have saved me...'.

Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky: "Hope! Hope! Hope!... Cursed!"

Mikhail Romanov, before his execution, gave his executioners his boots: "Use them, boys, they're the Tsar's boots after all".

The spy-dancer Mata Hari sent an air kiss to the soldiers aiming at her: "I'm ready, boys".

The philosopher Immanuel Kant uttered a single word just before he died: "Enough is enough".

One of the cinematographer brothers, the 92-year-old O. Lumière: "My film is running out".

Ibsen, after lying dumbly paralysed for several years, stood up and said: "Opposite!" - and died.

Nadezhda Mandelstam to her nurse: "Don't be afraid."
Somerset Maugham: "Dying is a boring thing to do. Never do it!"

Heinrich Heine: "God forgive me! That's his job."

Ivan Sergeyevich Turgenev on his deathbed uttered the strange: "Farewell, my darlings, my whites...".

The poet Felix Arver, on hearing an orderly say to someone: "It's at the end of the coLidor", groaned with the last breath: "Not coLidor, but coRidor" and died.

Painter Antoine Watteau: "Get that cross away from me! How could Christ have been so badly portrayed!"

Oscar Wilde, who was dying in a hotel room, looked around with a fading gaze at the gaudy wallpaper on the walls and sighed:
"They're killing me. One of us will have to go." He left. The wallpaper stayed.

But Einstein's last words faded into oblivion - the nurse did not know German...

They are already among us

Terrible.

Maths, yearly test tomorrow, 3rd grade

How to use two buckets to draw 6 litres of water from the water pipe.

There is a 4-litre bucket and an 11-litre bucket.

Mischek:

Terrible.

It's not a horror, it's a normal riddle.

There is a similar one (in Die Hard 2) on how to fill 4 litres with 5 and 3 litre buckets.

sergeev:

it's not a horror, it's a normal riddle.

There is a similar one (in Die Hard 2 it was) on how to score 4 litres with 5 and 3 litre buckets

For 3rd grade?

Mischek:
For 3rd grade?

Yes, in grade 3 this task is on the yearly test.

Whether it is difficult for most children I don't know.

Mischek:

Terrible.

You need to fill the bucket three times, then two times you pour 11 litres, and the third time you pour the bucket three times so as not to overfill it. There's 1 litre left in 4.

Pour 11, continue the process. Pour the remaining 1 litre into 11. And again into 4. Two 4's in 11, that's 9 litres. Then you take 4 bucket and pour it out to 11, the 4-liter bucket will have 2 litres left. Somewhere like this:

before | after

4v 11v | 4v 11v

-------------------

4->0 --> 0->4

4->4 --> 0->8

4->8 --> 1->11

1->0 --> 0->1

4->1 --> 0->5

4->5 --> 0->9

4->9 --> 2->11

The problem is quite childish, no higher maths, just verbally count how much is left in the bucket, a +- problem, you can also use the remainder of the division, but I'm not sure it's taught in 3rd grade.

Urain:

Three times you fill 4 buckets, two times you pour into 11 and the third time you pour gently so as not to overfill. There will be 1 litre left in 4.

Pour out 11, continue the process. Pour the remaining 1 litre into 11, and again into 4. Two 4's in 11, that's 9 litres. Then you take 4 bucket and pour it out to 11, the 4-liter bucket will have 2 litres left. Somewhere like this:

Before | after.

4v 11v | 4v 11v

-------------------

4->0 --> 0->4

4->4 --> 0->8

4->8 --> 1->11

1->0 --> 0->1

4->1 --> 0->5

4->5 --> 0->9

4->9 --> 2->11

The problem is quite childish, no higher maths, just verbally count how much is left in the bucket, a +- problem, you can use the remainder of the division, but I'm not sure they teach it in 3rd grade.

It's simpler than that, but that's not what I mean. We got them later on in our electives.

Hey, so you didn't decide

Urain:

Three times you fill 4 buckets, two times you pour into 11 and the third time you pour gently so as not to overfill. There will be 1 litre left in 4.

Pour out 11, continue the process. Pour the remaining 1 litre into 11. And again into 4. Two 4's in 11, that's 9 litres. Then you take 4 bucket and pour it out to 11, the 4-liter bucket will have 2 litres left. It goes something like this:

that's faster.
11-4=7
7-4=3
11-1=10
10-4=6

1[4]->[11] + 0.5[4]->11 == 6
Reason: