Interesting and Humour - page 4160

everyone, the last one is balabanov alexey, enjoy, friends...

Сотрудники Российского ядерного центра майнили криптовалюту на суперкомпьютере
Сотрудники Российского ядерного центра майнили криптовалюту на суперкомпьютере
  • Василий Макаров 13 февраля 2018 15:41
  • www.popmech.ru
Как сообщает портал , инженеры Всероссийского научно-исследовательского института экспериментальной физики (РФЯЦ-ВНИИЭФ), расположенного в городе Сарове Нижегородской области, были задержаны на рабочем месте. Поводом для этого стало неожиданное обстоятельство: оказалось, что сотрудники Российского ядерного центра занимались майнингом...

This is what to punish the staff of the institute for.
The idea is to streamline it at the state level and pump all the bitcoins of the world into the country's budget.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Not only in the closed ones, servers are sold on it. I listened to an interview with the developer of the Elbrus compiler. He said that the Intel processor is able to optimize code on the fly, ours is not, the VLIV architecture executes exactly what is sent to the input. That's why there are very strict requirements to the compiler, as it largely determines the speed.

I remembered Illiac 4 under the influence of Elbrus. When I was very interested in it. Even did architecture translations. And then I got terribly angry: with these PC's they've imposed upon us an extremely miserable computer architecture - with a common bus, and we're tumbling around in it.

Look at the Elbrus architecture in more detail - it is not a common bus, it has a lot of subtleties that make comparisons of Elbrus Hertz with MS meaningless.

Magnet shares are down, cool.
Conclusion, if you get very rich prepare for nationalisation.

There is actually a very vested interest, at what point to buy in?

СанСаныч Фоменко:

Under the influence of Elbrus, I remembered Illiac 4. When I was very interested. Even did translations on architecture. And then I got terribly angry: with these PCs they imposed on us an extremely miserable computer architecture - with a common bus, and we're tumbling around in it.

Look at the architecture of Elbrus in more detail - it's not a common bus; it has a lot of subtleties that make comparisons of Elbrus Hertz with PC meaningless.

PC is a commercial product for the broadest market. That's why it's optimised for price. Hence the common bus, which, by the way, does not slow down the system at all. And the Elbrus-based workstation starts at half a lakh roubles. And to write programs you need a programmer 3 orders of magnitude cooler than on this resource, because VLIV will not optimize anything on the fly, just execute what he wrote. I worked with VLIV at the DSP level, it's very complicated.

In general, it's probably the only decent domestic development. I haven't heard about any cool domestic DSPs, and what can you do without them nowadays? So they still get them from the West.

СанСаныч Фоменко:

Under the influence of Elbrus, I remembered Illiac 4. When I was very interested. Even did translations on architecture. And then I got terribly angry: with these PCs they imposed on us an extremely miserable computer architecture - with a common bus, and we're tumbling around in it.

Look at the Elbrus architecture in more detail - it's not a common bus, it has a lot of subtleties that make comparisons of Elbrus Hertz with MS meaningless.

When IBM appeared I unwittingly compared it to the PDP-11 I was working on at the time. PDP is a more elaborate system, by the way PDP has a common bus too.But it's interesting, you don't see Elbrus or Illiac in practice, there is no mass-produced software for them, it's something out of the realm of sporadic research. Comparing Elbrus and PC is really meaningless.
It's like comparing an erection in the tenth grade with an erection in a room in a nursing home.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

The PC is a commercial product for the widest market. It is therefore price-optimised. Hence the common bus, which, by the way, does not slow down the system at all. And an Elbrus-based workstation starts at half a lakh roubles. And to write programs you need a programmer 3 orders of magnitude cooler than on this resource, because VLIV will not optimize anything on the fly, just execute what he wrote. I worked with VLIV at the DSP level, it's very complicated.

In general, it's probably the only decent domestic development. I haven't heard about any cool domestic DSPs, and what can you do without them nowadays? It means that they still go to the West.

The real situation with microelectronics in the USSR we did not know and probably will never learn.

From my own experience.

In the year 1988, I must have been sent as the only one in the whole coal industry with a tolerance, to buy for our institute computers BK: computer was in the keyboard, as monitor - household TV set, and as external memory - household tape recorder. This computer was a by-product of a computer factory in Pavlovsky Posad (have you heard anything about such a factory and the type of the computer at it?). I walk around the plant, a paper carousel for the purchase of products from a top-secret plant, which is on the line of conversion (such was the fashion then).

At one point I'm walking through the yard, soldiers unloading crates the size of liquor stores. And one of the crates falls down and out of it fly packaged microchips. A bunch of people run in front of me, all excited, because everything that fell out can no longer be used in military products. I started to talk nonsense: under conversion, unmarketable, etc. So I managed to buy some of them. I brought several dozens of BCs (to think where they could be used in the ACS) and this box. A bunch of people rushed over who worked in our automated systems with the words: "this is something we (automated systems technicians) had only seen the announcement of the future production of analogs in the West, and here the illiquid ...

I have already written about my classmates in the artillery school.

And they started to make Elbrus in their time as a spearhead for Illiak.

In the early 70's a computer developed and produced by MPS (!? knew the developer personally - worked together with me) was selling railway tickets. Wikipedia erroneously writes about Armenians. And the dates are falsified.

All in all, there is WHAT to remember, amazing and interesting. Especially if you compare ideas - they go round in a circle, just with a new twist.

СанСаныч Фоменко:

We did not know the real state of microelectronics in the USSR and will probably never know.

From my own experience.

In the year 1988, I must have been sent, as the only one in the whole coal industry with a clearance, to buy for our institute a BK computer: a computer was in the keyboard, a household TV set as the monitor, and a household tape recorder as the external memory. This computer was a by-product of a computer factory in Pavlovsky Posad (have you heard anything about such a factory and the type of the computer at it?). I walk around the plant, a paper carousel for the purchase of products from a top-secret plant, which are on the line of conversion (such was the fashion then).

At one point I'm walking through the yard, soldiers unloading crates the size of liquor stores. And one of the crates falls down and out of it fly packaged microchips. A bunch of people run in front of me, all excited, because everything that fell out can no longer be used in military products. I started to talk nonsense: under conversion, unmarketable, etc. All in all I bought. I brought several dozens of BCs (to think where they could be used in the ACS) and this box. A bunch of people rushed over who worked in our automated systems with the words: "this is really something! We (engineers) had only seen the announcement of the future production of analogs in the West, and here the illiquid ...

I have already written about my classmates in the artillery school.

And they started to make Elbrus in their time as a spearhead for Illiak.

In the early 70's a computer developed and produced by MPS (!? knew the developer personally - worked together with me) was selling railway tickets. Wikipedia erroneously writes about Armenians. And the dates are falsified.

All in all, there is WHAT to remember, amazing and interesting. Especially if you compare ideas - they go round in a circle, just with a new spin.

As for the real situation - in Soviet times, I had a manual on microcircuits, mainly analogue ones, operational circuits, etc. Right on the first pages of the book, there was a graph: USA - Opus 741 - so-and-so year, USSR - ha 7 years later, and it was an absolute analogue. At our site, they were all stripped clean; there was a machine at Svetlana where a knife was used to peel off micron-sized layers from a crystal and each layer was photographed.

A friend of mine took part in the development of MIG-29 avionics, late 1980s, and built computer electronic modules on gallium arsenide. At that time they managed to achieve 1 GHz with yield of good quality less than 0.1%.

--------

it's not just about ideas now, it's more about technology

Alexey Volchanskiy:

The PC is a commercial product for the widest market. It is therefore price-optimised. Hence the common bus, which, by the way, does not slow down the system at all. And an Elbrus-based workstation starts at half a lakh roubles. And to write programs you need a programmer 3 orders of magnitude cooler than on this resource, because VLIV will not optimize anything on the fly, just execute what he wrote. I worked with VLIV at the DSP level, it's very complicated.

In general, it's probably the only decent domestic development. I haven't heard about any cool domestic DSPs, and what can you do without them nowadays? It means that they still go to the West.

О! Aleksey - I' m getting pretty heated here... :-) Lost you.

Stop trolling. Let's get down to business - bidding and scalps... (not Indians).

Reason: