To the wheel or the cry of the soul ... Withdrawal systems in MQL5 - page 12

Vladimir Suschenko:
It's a questionable statement on the USSR times, more applicable to the concept of "domestic" electronics. In 1984, I did my pre-graduation internship at the Microelectronics Research Institute.

What do you mean by domestic? In Soviet times, 98% of the domestic series of small circuits were clones of foreign ones. I myself am an electronic engineer by training and I did a lot of development work in this field before 2005.

I remember that I had an electronics book in which there was a summary table showing the year of release of Op-Amp, comparator, etc. in the West and the year of release of the analog in Russia. There was a difference of 5-8 years.

It is no secret that there was a special institute where Western chips were ground on submicron layers in order to find out the circuit topology.

Speaking about the military, back in 1989 one guy told me that they were developing a 1GHz clocked processor for the MIG-29. This was at a time when 25 MHz was the limit for 386 processors. Of course, it was based on emitter coupled logic, and it was power hungry, but the fighter jet fighters were so energy hungry that they had free propellers.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

What do you mean by domestic? In Soviet times, 98% of the domestic series of small circuits were clones of foreign ones. I myself am an electronic engineer by training and I did a lot of development work in this field before 2005.

I remember that I had an electronics book in which there was a summary table showing the year of release of Op-Amp, comparator, etc. in the West and the year of release of the analog in Russia. There was a difference of 5-8 years.

It is no secret that there was a special institute where Western chips were ground on submicron layers in order to find out the circuit topology.

Speaking about the military, back in 1989 one guy told me that they were developing a 1GHz clocked processor for the MIG-29. This was at a time when 25 MHz was the limit for 386 processors. Of course, they were using emitter-coupled logic, and the power was horribly high, but the fighter jet had free propellers and a shitload of power.

2005 is not quite Soviet times.
The cloning of analogues does not mean the absence of own unique developments.
The example with the MIG stuffing is illustrative, but not the only one.
"98% of the series of domestically made small circuits" is what I meant by the term consumer electronics. On the other hand such group of electronic devices as electron-vacuum microcircuits, specialized VLSI microprocessor sets, processors of unique architectures and many other things were developed in-house.
If the USSR had not collapsed, few ordinary citizens would now be able to say who Bill Gates was and what Intel was.

Yuri Gagaryan is the world's first cosmonaut

Petros Shatakhtsyan:
But it is also no secret that students from St. Petersburg and Moscow universities return with gold medals every year from the International Programming Olympiad.
But what's the use?

Vladimir Suschenko:

2005 was not quite the time of the USSR.
Cloning of analogues doesn't mean that they don't have their own unique developments.
The example with the stuffing for the MIG is illustrative, but not the only one.
"98% of the series of domestically made small circuits" is what I meant by the term consumer electronics. On the other hand such group of electronic devices as electron-vacuum microcircuits, specialized VLSI microprocessor sets, processors of unique architectures and many other things were developed in-house.
If the USSR had not collapsed, few ordinary citizens would now be able to say who Bill Gates was and what Intel was.

Where did the year 2005 come from??? I didn't have that in my post.

Did you know that "domestic" microcircuits around the world come in three designs? Household, industrial and military, the difference is mainly in min/max storage and operating temperature. And the price differs by a factor of ten or more.

The specials are designed mainly for outer space, more seldom for military use. But all military stuff is 98% "domestic", as you put it, development.

Electron-vacuum MCs were actively developed in the USA, I read about them in the translated journal Electronics. And they were needed exclusively for space because of high radiation resistance, unlike silicon with its p-n junctions. But in real life nobody needs them for nothing because of low packing density. Even the military do not need them.

As for unique processors - there is Elbrus, even PCs based on it are sold to order. But the cost is enormous due to the tiny number of copies.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
What's the use?
It does - they make good money in America afterwards

Vasiliy Sokolov:

Please do not engage in propaganda about the superiority of one race over others. Armenians are just as talented as Russians, Americans, Africans, Chinese or any other ethnic group. If you think otherwise, you belong in the nationalist forums.

Z.U. Radio was invented by Nikola Tesla.

Maybe Tesla invented the MT4 and MT5 terminals as well?

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Somehow you've got it all mixed up....
"Electron-vacuum MCs were actively developed in the USA, I read about them in the translated journal Electronics. They were needed exclusively for space because of high radiation resistance, unlike silicon with its p-n junctions. But in real life nobody needs them for nothing because of low packing density. Not even the military." - and I didn't read about them in a magazine, and I didn't translate them. Maybe, unlike the americans, we "passively" developed them, but our military needed them for sure. Electron-vacuum MCs, unlike semiconductor devices, are capable of working in nuclear war conditions... Does the importance of such a parameter need to be spelled out in more detail?
"Special designs are made mostly for space, less so for the military. But all the military works 98% on 'domestic', as you put it, developments.", there is a little confusion of cause and effect here - not military works on 'domestic' developments, but part of military-space developments goes to 'domestic'.
"As for unique processors - there's Elbrus, even PCs based on it are sold to order. But the cost is hell because of the tiny number of copies." - Unfortunate example, the processor is domestically developed but not unique... The need to comply with inter-architectural compatibility precludes true uniqueness. Truly unique processors are not in the public eye.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

Z.S. The radio was invented by Nikola Tesla.

Some people think Marconi invented the radio.

I think Marconi invented radio for the West and Popov for the East. I guess that's why they are so different.)

It's not my joke, maybe someone heard it 30 years ago)

There is no need to compare ourselves to the United States. It has only been 25 years since the collapse of the union. The US is over 200 years old.

We still have a long way to go.

Reason: