PYTHON EA ? - page 2

Marco vd Heijden:

I want to try this but i have not yet stated with it because i am used to code in MQL4/5.

I also code Python just not for MetaTrader.

I think these libraries will surface soon.

Especially in connection with Neuronet.

I'm really waiting for this.

Nelson Wanyama:

I'm really waiting for this.

Instead of waiting, why not make one???

Forex Limerence EA:
Instead of waiting, why not make one???

Do you know why MQL5 is very popular? It is because there is a whole bunch of people out there writing libraries to support it. Not a single person, nor a company, can develop a language and it's libraries and make the efficient if no one is using them. I code python, and MQL5 and a bunch of other languages too, but developing a fully functional trading system in python will need more than my just me. 

How about we start it together? I'd like that. ;) 

Not just like, but love it too. 

Nelson Wanyama:

Do you know why MQL5 is very popular? It is because there is a whole bunch of people out there writing libraries to support it. Not a single person, nor a company, can develop a language and it's libraries and make the efficient if no one is using them. I code python, and MQL5 and a bunch of other languages too, but developing a fully functional trading system in python will need more than my just me. 

How about we start it together? I'd like that. ;) 

Not just like, but love it too. 

The community for Python algo-trading is much larger than MetaTrader. Once you get the right libraries all you need is to use MT5 for the data and order exec. 

import talib

import pymt5adapter as mta
from pymt5adapter.symbol import Symbol

def get_bands(symbol):
    rates = mta.copy_rates_from_pos(symbol, mta.TIMEFRAME.H1, 0, 5)
    bb = talib.BBANDS(rates['close'], timeperiod=5, nbdevup=2, nbdevdn=2, matype=0)
    return bb

def main():
    symbol = Symbol("EURUSD")
    bands = get_bands(symbol.name)
    for val, name in zip((b[-1] for b in bands), 'high medium low'.split()):
        print(f"{name} = {symbol.normalize_price(val)}")

if __name__ == '__main__':
    with mta.connected():
        main()

nicholi shen:

The community for Python algo-trading is much larger than MetaTrader. Once you get the right libraries all you need is to use MT5 for the data and order exec. 

Some link to a community please? I've never encountered such before. 

Though I wouldn't use it now since it is not possible to debug python code in tester. It is missing such an important feature in strategy formulation.

For IB ... or some broker ,they provide python API, That can use python to do all without MQL. 
If want to use python lib in MQL , should build an interface between both side. .... Lots of work to do >,<  

nicholi shen:

I'm interested in this community too!

I've coded a machine learning based algo in python (...) and I'd like to join that community for sharing experience with other programmers :)

4x4see:

I'm interested in this community too!

I've coded a machine learning based algo in python (...) and I'd like to join that community for sharing experience with other programmers :)

Here is a good place to start... https://www.reddit.com/r/algotrading/

Most of the quants there use python for trading.

r/algotrading
r/algotrading
  • www.reddit.com
I'm starting to get into investing and want to eventually write a script for automated day trading. I'll admit I just started learning about stocks and finance but I have an extensive quantitive background. Here's my model: But we're not done yet since the phase of these frequencies also matters. The phase of the frequencies completely change...

nicholi shen:

Here is a good place to start... https://www.reddit.com/r/algotrading/

Most of the quants there use python for trading.

Thanks

Reason: