Experts: Milestone - page 31

Devke:

Hi Trevone,

Urgent question. I opened an account on Alpari. I am trying some things out. Why do i get an 131 error code when i am testing the ea.

When i couple milestone on the graph it gives a :-( smiley.

I think you will know because you have the same broker :-)

Let me know please.

Thanx

Devke

Hi devke. you need to enable live trading in MT4, that makes the bad smiley a good smiley. Also see https://docs.mql4.com/constants/errorswarnings/enum_trade_return_codes for error codes, 131 is lot size. check your account setting for min/maxlot. Milestone does only cap below, not above, so try with less money or reduce margin usage.

CaptainChris77:
Devke:

Hi Trevone,

Urgent question. I opened an account on Alpari. I am trying some things out. Why do i get an 131 error code when i am testing the ea.

Let me know please.

Thanx

Devke

Hi devke. you need to enable live trading in MT4, that makes the bad smiley a good smiley. Also see https://docs.mql4.com/constants/errorswarnings/enum_trade_return_codes for error codes, 131 is lot size. check your account setting for min/maxlot. Milestone does only cap below, not above, so try with less money or reduce margin usage.

Hi, I've run into 2 common problems:

1. I run a miniaccount so smallest lotsize is 0.1, errorcode 131 means "Invalid trade volume." I hardcode 0.1 as smallest lotsize.

2. I've had problems where the script would like set eg. 0.11 as lotsize, I can only go 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 and so on, check for the function where lotsize is set and change the last parameter of NormalizeDouble() to a 1 from 2.

//Shoddy

Atsiekratsie:
so far all my trades are positive! I am gaining some cents on my micro lot account. Though with the 22.5 how do I increase the profit? Even adjusting the lot size will result in the same profit. I feel like a noob with all those settings :-) Any ideas?

you need to kneel beside your bed at night and prey. If that doesn't work let me know I will give you some more ideas.

shoddy:
CaptainChris77:
Devke:

Hi Trevone,

Let me know please.

Thanx

Devke

1. I run a miniaccount so smallest lotsize is 0.1, errorcode 131 means "Invalid trade volume." I hardcode 0.1 as smallest lotsize.

2. I've had problems where the script would like set eg. 0.11 as lotsize, I can only go 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 and so on, check for the function where lotsize is set and change the last parameter of NormalizeDouble() to a 1 from 2.

//Shoddy

add cash

fhunter:
Congrates and envy that. And could you give us a guidance about the hard stop

hard stop is basically your normally stop placed on the server, not matter what thats the price your trade is out. the idea behind it is the opposite to milestones curve fitting money management, where with milestone the smaller and more frequent your profits are the more likely to have bigger draw downs and the hard stop technique is opposite the smaller and more frequent your stops are the more likely you are to have large profits. only place the stop when in profit ( i use 2 market congestion levels before the hard stop ) and the stop is NOT trailing. once the trade has a stop in place you can consider that 100% risk free and enter a new position on the same trend with the profit from the previous potions only a bigger lot size and also a stop. you take your profits when you are fat with greed. very simple, very effective and low low draw downs. You only use this when you are certain of a trend like last nite. yeah its going to be the next EA.

Hello Trevone

Compliments for the good works and the valuable EA.

Just a few questions:

1. Is it possible to log into a file all the conditions which were met when an order has been submitted, i.e. ATR, MAs etc, in order to analyze them later.

3. I have noticed that the "milestone_xx" EA is not so good on the JPY related pairs. Is there any applicable set of settings which can prove profitable on those pairs.

Keep up the good work.

OBiAL

CaptainChris77:
Devke:

Hi Trevone,

Let me know please.

Thanx

Devke

congrats alpari is great

obial:

Hello Trevone

Compliments for the good works and the valuable EA.

Just a few questions:

1. Is it possible to log into a file all the conditions which were met when an order has been submitted, i.e. ATR, MAs etc, in order to analyze them later.

3. I have noticed that the "milestone_xx" EA is not so good on the JPY related pairs. Is there any applicable set of settings which can prove profitable on those pairs.

Keep up the good work.

OBiAL

not to worry man, the next version has everything you will need more like you have never seen, its going to rock those JPY pairs. the problem with the current versions is that the signals are wrong, use signal B for jpy only, its a trend following signal

BTW Guys, the next version is still going to be a couple of days maybe mid January, it really has taken a huge change

trevone:
shoddy:
CaptainChris77:
Devke:

Hi Trevone,

Let me know please.

Thanx

Devke

//Shoddy

add cash

More cash, on the demo account is 500K left, more than enough :-)

Thankx i will look for my mistake in MT4