Experts: Milestone - page 35

trevone:
atris90:
mik2013:
trevone:
fhunter:
Congrates and envy that. And could you give us a guidance about the hard stop

hard stop is basically your normally stop placed on the server, not matter what thats the price your trade is out. the idea behind it is the opposite to milestones curve fitting money management, where with milestone the smaller and more frequent your profits are the more likely to have bigger draw downs and the hard stop technique is opposite the smaller and more frequent your stops are the more likely you are to have large profits. only place the stop when in profit ( i use 2 market congestion levels before the hard stop ) and the stop is NOT trailing. once the trade has a stop in place you can consider that 100% risk free and enter a new position on the same trend with the profit from the previous potions only a bigger lot size and also a stop. you take your profits when you are fat with greed. very simple, very effective and low low draw downs. You only use this when you are certain of a trend like last nite. yeah its going to be the next EA.

Can you put on the new version, fixed lot size and stop lost on "pips"? I like to know, how much I can risk. I do not like to wake up in the morning, like happened at December 10-13 with the AUD/USD and GB/USD pair Milestone 18.2 lost about $2000 on my demo account on 3 trade. I was hopping coming back and got worse and finally I closed at Friday manually.

Why did u used 18.2 ver for other pair??..its optimised for eurusd buddy :)
fixed lot size and stop lost on "pips" - ok no problem

Just like Money Management parameter..yeayyy!! add more features.. :)

fhunter:
it seems the link is a mirror of mql4.com. the author's name, the description of the ea, and even the comments are the same. i think it's the problem of that site. it's unlikely that your funs who use the milestone to trade would upload your genius work to other websites.
some of the text has been replaced with synonyms. I will not tolerate it. you don't bust your ass for other people to steal your work yes? mirror or not this is the official Milestone EA site. Milestone is an original idea. It has been contributed to by people with a genuine interest of helping others. It is worth keeping it that way.

atris90:
trevone:
atris90:
mik2013:
trevone:
fhunter:
Congrates and envy that. And could you give us a guidance about the hard stop

hard stop is basically your normally stop placed on the server, not matter what thats the price your trade is out. the idea behind it is the opposite to milestones curve fitting money management, where with milestone the smaller and more frequent your profits are the more likely to have bigger draw downs and the hard stop technique is opposite the smaller and more frequent your stops are the more likely you are to have large profits. only place the stop when in profit ( i use 2 market congestion levels before the hard stop ) and the stop is NOT trailing. once the trade has a stop in place you can consider that 100% risk free and enter a new position on the same trend with the profit from the previous potions only a bigger lot size and also a stop. you take your profits when you are fat with greed. very simple, very effective and low low draw downs. You only use this when you are certain of a trend like last nite. yeah its going to be the next EA.

Can you put on the new version, fixed lot size and stop lost on "pips"? I like to know, how much I can risk. I do not like to wake up in the morning, like happened at December 10-13 with the AUD/USD and GB/USD pair Milestone 18.2 lost about $2000 on my demo account on 3 trade. I was hopping coming back and got worse and finally I closed at Friday manually.

Why did u used 18.2 ver for other pair??..its optimised for eurusd buddy :)
fixed lot size and stop lost on "pips" - ok no problem

Just like Money Management parameter..yeayyy!! add more features.. :)

You probably will not understand this... 1 apple does not equal 1 orange. This means, if you stop in pips you will need to take profit in pips.

trevone:
some of the text has been replaced with synonyms. I will not tolerate it. you don't bust your ass for other people to steal your work yes? mirror or not this is the official Milestone EA site. Milestone is an original idea. It has been contributed to by people with a genuine interest of helping others. It is worth keeping it that way.

well whoever posted this calls himself "hamdouch". While a common name in some parts of the world, for me this sounds aptly like "douche", which he is. He promotes a book there, so go figure.

also, just in case his face here and his address here

trevone:
fhunter:
it seems the link is a mirror of mql4.com. the author's name, the description of the ea, and even the comments are the same. i think it's the problem of that site. it's unlikely that your funs who use the milestone to trade would upload your genius work to other websites.

1. it's not me who has done that. so don't get angry at me. i hate that guy's behavior also.

2. suggest contacting the website directly. but i don't find any contact, even an email address.

3. it seems to be a private website. all of the articles are published by one person hamdouche. so probably it will be no reply. i don't know how to deal with this kind of things in foreign country. is there an administrator who can remove the articles or disable the domain? or simply hack attack at the stupid website?

fhunter:
trevone:
fhunter:

1. it's not me who has done that. so don't get angry at me. i hate that guy's behavior also.

2. suggest contacting the website directly. but i don't find any contact, even an email address.

3. it seems to be a private website. all of the articles are published by one person hamdouche. so probably it will be no reply. i don't know how to deal with this kind of things in foreign country. is there an administrator who can remove the articles or disable the domain? or simply hack attack at the stupid website?

dude not angry at you, ofcourse not, and I sent a legal notice to google to have it removed so not to worry.

its a spider site, harvests info and replaces text

Hi trevone,

I hope you have seen my posting. I saw it was a busy weekend here :-)

-----------

It's weekend but some input from me what i think is important for an ea. I hope it will inspire you and it brings an contrubution to the new milestone :-)

1. I think that the importants thing is trend recognitsion. Are we in an up- down or site ways trend;

2. The position you take must be in the direction of the trend otherwise you there start loosing money.

3. Make use of for example an RSI parameter (are we oversold/overbougt)? The chance of getting up in an (extreem) oversold condition is bigger than going down.

4. Make use on Averages. For example an 200 day/ 200 minute, 200 5 minute average etc). If we are going under the 200 day average, the chance of going down is getting bigger! Sometimes you must look in an bigger timeframe (hour, 4 hour graph) to see what is the major trend. Are you for a quick win or a stable position in one direction?

5. Userinterface (i saw a screenshot from you) is important, it looks greet by me!

6. Logs, Show the customer (u, me, other users) why the system takes an position. And why it closes an position. The reasons! This functionalitty gives all the users the benefit of a learning process. You can after a (short) periode evaluate if the opening and closing position where right or could be better. So with this functionalitty you can improve an ea, for example Milestone, with bigger gaines and smaller losses. Why first going a couple of hundred dollars going down and then take profit at 100 dollars.?? :-)

7. Good explanation of the settings. This because i think we all operate at a different broker (environment) with different settings etc. A sort of user guide. (Quickstart or something else).

8. Build your system in building blocks. So that ideas are better to implement instead of starting over again.

Last but not the less important thing, keep up the good work! Youre very enthousiast and that inspires me to think about this things. How i can help you the get the best out of Milestone. Thank you for that!

Have a nice weekend,

I am curious about youre vision on my comments! :-)

Greetings

Devke

Devke:

Hi trevone,

-----------

It's weekend but some input from me what i think is important for an ea. I hope it will inspire you and it brings an contrubution to the new milestone :-)

1. I think that the importants thing is trend recognitsion. Are we in an up- down or site ways trend;

2. The position you take must be in the direction of the trend otherwise you there start loosing money.

3. Make use of for example an RSI parameter (are we oversold/overbougt)? The chance of getting up in an (extreem) oversold condition is bigger than going down.

4. Make use on Averages. For example an 200 day/ 200 minute, 200 5 minute average etc). If we are going under the 200 day average, the chance of going down is getting bigger! Sometimes you must look in an bigger timeframe (hour, 4 hour graph) to see what is the major trend. Are you for a quick win or a stable position in one direction?

5. Userinterface (i saw a screenshot from you) is important, it looks greet by me!

6. Logs, Show the customer (u, me, other users) why the system takes an position. And why it closes an position. The reasons! This functionalitty gives all the users the benefit of a learning process. You can after a (short) periode evaluate if the opening and closing position where right or could be better. So with this functionalitty you can improve an ea, for example Milestone, with bigger gaines and smaller losses. Why first going a couple of hundred dollars going down and then take profit at 100 dollars.?? :-)

7. Good explanation of the settings. This because i think we all operate at a different broker (environment) with different settings etc. A sort of user guide. (Quickstart or something else).

8. Build your system in building blocks. So that ideas are better to implement instead of starting over again.

Last but not the less important thing, keep up the good work! Youre very enthousiast and that inspires me to think about this things. How i can help you the get the best out of Milestone. Thank you for that!

Have a nice weekend,

Greetings

Devke

Hi Trevone and All,

i'm new in this tipe of comunity and i'm Italian, sorry for my english...realy very compliment for Milestone, great work and magic code inside. So, can I tray to work with last version 22,5 with 5 pair (eur/usd usd/jpy eur/jpy usd/cfh gpb/usd) all togheter with account of 1000€, it's all right for realtime test or i must use differrent version of mileston from last? thanks anythink

Hi all!

can anyone share their %age profits from this system? I'd like to compare mine with someone else's.

I have a demo account with €300 with Milestone 22.5 running with default settings on 8 currency symbols (including EURUSD, EURGBP, GBPUSD). Over 4 days the EA has opened 12 trades, and I've earned €10.18 (which is about 3.4% profits).

How does this compare with what you're getting? I'm interested in learning other people's experience with this fantastic EA :)

And thanks once again to Trevone! Great work!

RedBaron:
Devke:

Hi trevone,

-----------

Have a nice weekend,

Greetings

Devke

Hi Trevone and All,

i'm new in this tipe of comunity and i'm Italian, sorry for my english...realy very compliment for Milestone, great work and magic code inside. So, can I tray to work with last version 22,5 with 5 pair (eur/usd usd/jpy eur/jpy usd/cfh gpb/usd) all togheter with account of 1000€, it's all right for realtime test or i must use differrent version of mileston from last? thanks anythink

Hi redbaron,

read this thread and learn a lot....e.g. there is a risk running certain pairs simultaneously if they are correlated too much. And never start realtime before having made backtests. And the last version is always the best one.

Reason: