Experts: Milestone - page 37

Hi trevone,

Im interested to try ur milestone on my account,at present i trade manually n so far just going fine but i would like to try out ea especially ur milestone 22.5 on my account.

I like to know can i run milestone with its default parameter or do i need to make any changes? And do i need to upload the calender in the indicator folder?

Thanks in advance for ur great job.

ischmile:

Hi trevone,

Im interested to try ur milestone on my account,at present i trade manually n so far just going fine but i would like to try out ea especially ur milestone 22.5 on my account.

I like to know can i run milestone with its default parameter or do i need to make any changes? And do i need to upload the calender in the indicator folder?

You should place the Expert into the EXPERTS folder and the Calendar Indy into the /Experts/Indicators folder. As a first Test, attach Milestone to a 5M EURUSD chart. If you want to filter out the News, you will need to ENABLE the News Filter, which is Disabled by Default. You can leave all the other parameters as they are.

FS

forexsam:
ischmile:

Hi trevone,

You should place the Expert into the EXPERTS folder and the Calendar Indy into the /Experts/Indicators folder. As a first Test, attach Milestone to a 5M EURUSD chart. If you want to filter out the News, you will need to ENABLE the News Filter, which is Disabled by Default. You can leave all the other parameters as they are.

FS

ischmile:

Thanks sam

forexsam:
ischmile:

Hi trevone,

FS

Treverone,

I am looking trough the Code for 22.5 and documenting the logic inside, however, I don't want to do too much if 23.X is greatly different. May I assume that the SignalA and SignalB logic are the same but that the big changes are in the Trade Management? Would you be willing to send me just the top half of the code so that I can transfer my documentation?

Thanks,

FS

forexsam:

Treverone,

I am looking trough the Code for 22.5 and documenting the logic inside, however, I don't want to do too much if 23.X is greatly different. May I assume that the SignalA and SignalB logic are the same but that the big changes are in the Trade Management? Would you be willing to send me just the top half of the code so that I can transfer my documentation?

Thanks,

FS

i am not sure what youre trying to achieve

i have looked and looked for a very good ea. i bought 7 highly reputable eas but none of them are satisfactory. dammit why do i have i have to do all the hard work? why cant i just buy a nice EA and get on with my life? i guess if you want something done right you have to do it yourself. arggggh! its back to work.

trevone:
i have looked and looked for a very good ea. i bought 7 highly reputable eas but none of them are satisfactory. dammit why do i have i have to do all the hard work? why cant i just buy a nice EA and get on with my life? i guess if you want something done right you have to do it yourself. arggggh! its back to work.

Hi Trevone,

If you need some help let it me know. You can send me the code and I can look over it or help testing or whatever you want. I've experience in programming and sometimes see 4 eyes more than 2. Together we are strong :-)

Silvio:
trevone:

Hi Trevone,

If you need some help let it me know. You can send me the code and I can look over it or help testing or whatever you want. I've experience in programming and sometimes see 4 eyes more than 2. Together we are strong :-)

how about I give you the ea to check for bugs before the release, its very close to the next version. then I need optimized settings for the 17 pairs. then i have a vps where things are, a website where other things are and I want to integrate the backtesting from vps to website as well as getting the auto update settings feature working from the set file webpage where everything posts their best settings and lastly a feature that will overide trading by the head trader here on mql4 appointed by me. ok. can you handle that?

trevone:
forexsam:

Treverone,

Thanks,

FS

i am not sure what youre trying to achieve

Before I trust real money to an EA, I like to understand the logic of it. So, I make notes/comments in the code for easier understanding. Like below. Actually I have found your implementation of Trend opposite of what I would have expected. In the end, I have no problem sharing it with the community, though initially it is for my own interest.

FS

// Has it been Bullish or Bearish for the past so many bars...Has it been in the Trend for a little while.
   for( int i = 0; i < TrendBars; i++ ) {
      if( i < SpikeCount && MathAbs( Close[i] - Open[i] ) > CandleSpike * pipPoints ) spike = true; 
      MA1Curi = iMA( NULL, MATimeFrame, MA1Period, MMAShift, MODE_SMMA, PRICE_MEDIAN, i );   
      MA2Curi = iMA( NULL, MATimeFrame, MA2Period, MMAShift, MODE_SMMA, PRICE_MEDIAN, i );   
      if( MA2Curi < MA1Curi ) bullishi = false;  
      if( MA2Curi > MA1Curi ) bearishi = false; 
   }    
   if( ( ( SignalFrontA && totalTrades == 0 ) || ( SignalBackA && totalTrades > 0 ) ) && ( ( SignalAStartHour < SignalAEndHour && Hour() >= SignalAStartHour && Hour() < SignalAEndHour ) || ( SignalAStartHour > SignalAEndHour && ( ( Hour() <= SignalAEndHour && Hour() >= 0 ) || ( Hour() <= 23 && Hour() >= SignalAStartHour ) ) ) ) ){       
      signalComment = "SignalA"; 
      if( ( ( AvoidSpikes && !spike ) || !AvoidSpikes ) && ( ( TrueRange && eATR > MinRange * pipPoints ) || !TrueRange ) ){ 
// Looking for Bullish in the Long Term, but Bearish in the Short Term...test for a reversal.
         if( trendStrength > MinTrend * pipPoints && trendStrength < MaxTrend * pipPoints && bullishi && !bearishi && Close[0] < Open[0] && Close[0] < Low[1] ) bearish = true;
         if( trendStrength < -MinTrend * pipPoints && trendStrength > -MaxTrend * pipPoints && bearishi && !bullishi && Close[0] > Open[0] && Close[0] > High[1] ) bullish = true; 
      }    
   }