50 pips a day with real hedgesystem - page 9

Doragio, this is a different and good concept, I always thought that for the forex market, this will be one of the "safest" Martingale solution (still believe any kind of martingale is dangerous).

Shads let me break it down into an example, I believe that Doragio means that:

First Buy 0.1/sell 0.1 Lot

1) If Buy Take Profit => Buy 0.2/Sell 0.1 then if Sell Take Profit => Buy 0.1/Sell 0.4 then if Sell Take profit you are overall in profit so you can restart the serie.

2) If Sell Take Profit => Buy 0.1/Sell 0.2 then if Buy Take Profit => Buy 0.4/Sell 0.1 then if Buy Take profit you are overall in profit so you can restart the serie.

And to put this into words:

Double the lot "from the side that just lost" and uses it FOR "the side that just won" (side = Buy or Sell) for your new Buy/Sell until you are overall in profit. (the other side is always set to 0.1 Lot)

Depending on the step (30 pips in this case) this will only be dangerous in continuous ranging market with ups and downs move of the exact Pip step but as soon as the market trend TWICE the pip step (60 pips) then you are safe in profit and can restart the serie.

Sunwest

whatever...

still no real information of any value whatsoever out of you, despite the promises of "be back at 10:30"..."be back afternoon"...etc. etc.

mp6140:
AHHHH -- youve given me the solution !

I shall pass the information around to everyone but you, then when you are in the gutter, begging for alms, one of the newbs can throw you a crumb or two --- and if theyre feeling particularly charitable, perhaps a hint of how the "method" works.

AHHHHH == why bother throwing the crumb ---- youre not gonna pay me what you keep telling others i will be charging !

ANYWAY --- I already mentioned it a way back yonder, just before you started insulting me --- look for the keyword "hedge"/

"just another giggalo, everywhere I go !"

mp

The post:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178310

ANYWAY --- I already mentioned it a way back yonder, just before you started insulting me --- look for the keyword "hedge"/

Shads,

Sure thing. Look at the results of the trades by Jimbo, and you'll notice with martingale systems; it's not the whipsaws that kill your account but the strong trends. The core of this system seems to rely more on the martingale effect rather than picking precise entries; so to avoid a strong of losses by doubling on 1 side. Alternate the positions that you double. For example: Buy 1 Sell 2 results in a net loss, then rather do a Buy 1 Sell 4, consider Buy 4 Sell 1, if that's still at net loss, then Buy 1 Sell 8. This way any strong trend will not hurt you as much like it did in the test results. So double up on the win side till you get a net positive increase, then start a new. Also the initial buy 1 sell 1 can be avoided to save the spread; just look at the previous day to determine your buys/sells ratios.

Sunwest,

Pretty much it. I'm not a fan of martingale myself due to past experiences, although this system has some merit in that if you operate once a day, the market conditions can keep you out of nasty surprises which usually are intraday based.

AHHHH -- youve given me the solution !

I shall pass the information around to everyone but you, then when you are in the gutter, begging for alms, one of the newbs can throw you a crumb or two --- and if theyre feeling particularly charitable, perhaps a hint of how the "method" works.

AHHHHH == why bother throwing the crumb ---- youre not gonna pay me what you keep telling others i will be charging !

ANYWAY --- I already mentioned it a way back yonder, just before you started insulting me --- look for the keyword "hedge"/ It aint no biggie, just a nice way to make a spare thou every week !

"just another giggalo, everywhere I go !"

mp

Dreamliner:
Yes, and since MP mentioned it, it might be good to follow forum protocol and simply let us know exactly WHAT that is that he does, rather than just state that he does it.

Can anybody send a spreadsheet of the results that would have happened had we traded with the below method instead?

doragio:
Shads,

Sure thing. Look at the results of the trades by Jimbo, and you'll notice with martingale systems; it's not the whipsaws that kill your account but the strong trends. The core of this system seems to rely more on the martingale effect rather than picking precise entries; so to avoid a strong of losses by doubling on 1 side. Alternate the positions that you double. For example: Buy 1 Sell 2 results in a net loss, then rather do a Buy 1 Sell 4, consider Buy 4 Sell 1, if that's still at net loss, then Buy 1 Sell 8. This way any strong trend will not hurt you as much like it did in the test results. So double up on the win side till you get a net positive increase, then start a new. Also the initial buy 1 sell 1 can be avoided to save the spread; just look at the previous day to determine your buys/sells ratios.

Sunwest,

Pretty much it. I'm not a fan of martingale myself due to past experiences, although this system has some merit in that if you operate once a day, the market conditions can keep you out of nasty surprises which usually are intraday based.

Anti-Martingale Wins Strongly

Greetings everyone. Since I had some time I decided to go ahead and plug in the numbers of what would have happened if we had doubled up on the winning trades instead of the losing trades, and only did so until we were net positive. The results were marvelous, a total increase of 490 pips (as compared with 420 with the Martingale) and this is the part that TP (or whoever) will like: no drawdown!

Additionally, once we were net positive, since the very next trade was guaranteed to have a zero gain (+30 on one side, -30 on the other) I omitted that trade entirely from the live results and only traded it on demo so that we could determine where to double up on the live account the next day.

I do not know how to work with Excel so I cannot post the results in a spreadsheet (I'm sure somebody could make this look great in a spreadsheet), so I just tracked them manually in Word. I'm attaching the results here.

Can anyone point out any errors or why this system would not work, maybe in different markets, etc.?

Maybe out of respect for Jimbo, the author of this thread, I should start a new thread with this change.

Files:

New Thread

I started a new thread with the Anti-Martingale strategy, just so as not to hijack this thread. The new thread is here.

drawdown is drawdown...no matter if your playing with house money...

Dreamliner:
Greetings everyone. Since I had some time I decided to go ahead and plug in the numbers of what would have happened if we had doubled up on the winning trades instead of the losing trades, and only did so until we were net positive. The results were marvelous, a total increase of 490 pips (as compared with 420 with the Martingale) and this is the part that TP (or whoever) will like: no drawdown!

Additionally, once we were net positive, since the very next trade was guaranteed to have a zero gain (+30 on one side, -30 on the other) I omitted that trade entirely from the live results and only traded it on demo so that we could determine where to double up on the live account the next day.

I do not know how to work with Excel so I cannot post the results in a spreadsheet (I'm sure somebody could make this look great in a spreadsheet), so I just tracked them manually in Word. I'm attaching the results here.

Can anyone point out any errors or why this system would not work, maybe in different markets, etc.?

Maybe out of respect for Jimbo, the author of this thread, I should start a new thread with this change.

ElectricSavant:
drawdown is drawdown...no matter if your playing with house money...

Agreed! That's why I like the new system better!

Reason: