Swing Trading ideas - page 17

Konstantinos Maleas:

Thanks for sharing.

Its a very good indicator, I see great potential in it, could you please share a copy with me? :-)

if you understand the failure swing of Elliot wave you will be a good trader using you indicator, it show almost everything I want right there. and if you draw support and resistance on that indicator my friend you will be able to see the breakout. I like it, I was right about the retracement from 61 to 38 and shout up breaking the 61

Does it draw on it own the Fibonacci level? if yes my friend you have got a state of the art indicator right in front of you.

PennySeven:

M30 and H1.

Yes, I think you are right. 

M3 is actually quite silly, isn´t it?

Well, I have to go step by step.

Thank you very much. 

Try to use a time frame of ratio 1:5

example if you put it on M20 alway check that also on H1 the trend is in the same direction you will have a state of the art system, try it and you will see.

M3 and M15

Chris Mukengeshayi:

Try to use a time frame of ratio 1:5

example if you put it on M20 alway check that also on H1 the trend is in the same direction you will have a state of the art system, try it and you will see.

M3 and M15

"To subdue the market without fighting is the acme of skill."

Ek moet nog ´n bietjie hieroor dink. 

Waar bly jy in SA?

Chris Mukengeshayi:

Its a very good indicator, I see great potential in it, could you please share a copy with me? :-)

if you understand the failure swing of Elliot wave you will be a good trader using you indicator, it show almost everything I want right there. and if you draw support and resistance on that indicator my friend you will be able to see the breakout. I like it, I was right about the retracement from 61 to 38 and shout up breaking the 61

Does it draw on it own the Fibonacci level?

Well...
As for the support and resistance, I haven’t thought about it.
As for the Fibonacci level… not yet but is very easy for me to code it.
As for the sharing, sorry but i cannot share it yet. I developed it and code it my self and i am not sure what  I want to do with it. Besides it is not ready yet. It needs some kind of fibo smoothing i have thought to extract the noise but … I am stuck in this.

And yes you were right about the shout up.

Konstantinos Maleas:

Well...
As for the support and resistance, I haven’t thought about it.
As for the Fibonacci level… not yet but is very easy for me to code it.
As for the sharing, sorry but i cannot share it yet. I developed it and code it my self and i am not sure what  I want to do with it. Besides it is not ready yet. It needs some kind of fibo smoothing i have thought to extract the noise but … I am stuck in this.

:-) heeeee man you said that you don't know what to do with it? give it to me and I will show you and I will give you idea on how to improve it

such a good indicator and you say you don't know what to do with it, may be you need someone to help you on how to interpret it well

PennySeven:

M10 x 50. This is the shortest absolutely correct time frame in this EuroDollar Long Up Move. 

EuroDollar M10

This is the M10 x 50, the shortest valid Reversal (SELL) signal in this EuroDollar Long Up Move. 

Only SELL on M10 x 50 Down. 

Does your MACD's moving average has the same value as the moving average on the upper chart?

Try to catch entry ate the begin of each trend and you will see good results.

Don't sell yet, if you learn Elliot wave and the swings you will interpret you graph much better.

PennySeven:

This is the EuroDollar M20. The MACD Daylight Free Signal Line Trend confirms the M10 10 crossing 50 Long Move Up. 

The SELL will only be on the M10 10 crossing 50 Down. 

EuroDollar M20

Can you see on your graph that it has formed a symmetrical triangle?

If you don't know how symmetrical triangle look like, just google and see the image ! 

PennySeven:

I´m still learning - 10 234 hours and counting (perfectionist). The EuroDollar is the biggest and best market in the world. All technical analysis dynamics play out best in the EuroDollar market. Thousands or millions of traders and algorithms involved in very nano-second price discovery. 

My customized Stoch and MACD indicators were developed - instinctively - for the short period EuroDollar Market. (There is a short period and a long period - in the EuroDollar market. We are in a Long Up Move at the moment.)

I was very lucky to have decided - at some point, I don´t know exactly when - to stop changing my Stoch and MACD parameters and 10 crossing 50 Moving Averages.  I don´t remember which one I "almost perfected" first, the Stoch or the MACD. When I realized that I have - instinctively - changed it so often that I have finally arrived at it doing what I want it to do - everything instinctively since there is no-one here in the kitchen where I have spent the last 29 months demo trading the EuroDollar 17 hours a day - to tell me what I am trying is stupid or futile - I decided to try and make the other one - either the Stoch or MACD - the same as the what the first one was doing. And it worked. 

So, I stopped changing my parameters. That was sheer luck, because it was the right thing to do. I only realized that much later. 

Now I am moving up the time frames one at a time, I have already killed off the M1 and M2, to see which time frame has to be my entry chart. At the moment it is the M3. 

However, I have already realized that there is no "default" time frame to trade Long moves. My start chart is the M3 - at the moment. Every Long Move is reverse signal specific. I have to establish which 10 x 50 is the valid reverse signal for a Long Move plus which is the shortest time frame MACD Daylight Free Signal Line Trend - and trade every specific Long Move - Up or Down - in terms of those two indicators. 

In this Long Up Move, the 10 x 50 is the M10 and the Daylight Free SLT is the M20. 

However, every Long Move is reversal signal specific. 

Yes. Indicators need to be optimized. You may endly fall agree on support & resistance being the best of all, the more convenient for it requires no optimization. 

Reduce your trading plan (in term of number of lines!), extend your activity to others instruments, and win time !  :)

see the EURUSD broke the 1.24

Chris Mukengeshayi:

:-) heeeee man you said that you don't know what to do with it? give it to me and I will show you and I will give you idea on how to improve it

such a good indicator and you say you don't know what to do with it, may be you need someone to help you on how to interpret it well

What i meant is if i will use it exclusively for my EA or share it, not how to work with it.

Although if i ‘ll share it you will be the first to know.

Thanks for your comments.

Reason: