Indicators with alerts/signal - page 94

I see the difference now. The version you posted was an ex4 file which is compiled and can not be altered. Banzai posted the source code for Gann ActivatorV2 from which I was able to add the MA cross code and signal logic.

I can see from the Banzai source code that the Gann Activatorv2 uses a fixed SMA mode in it's calculations. If the compiled version that you posted is different in some respect then that could be the explanation.

To test this I have added another user input which allows you to set the MA mode used by the Gann Activator:-

MODE_SMA 0 Simple moving average,

MODE_EMA 1 Exponential moving average,

MODE_SMMA 2 Smoothed moving average,

MODE_LWMA 3 Linear weighted moving average.

4 modes altogether 0 - 3. It's default is SMA which is 0.

Sadly:

I can see from the Banzai source code that the Gann Activatorv2 uses a fixed SMA mode in it's calculations. If the compiled version that you posted is different in some respect then that could be the explanation.

Thanks for posting, just what i'm looking for.

I love Forex-TSD!!

i like your indicator but

I like your indicator but -when you have a popup alert it does not tell you what chart it is from. something like alert on euro/usd 15m

thank you for your indicator

Sadly:
I see the difference now. The version you posted was an ex4 file which is compiled and can not be altered. Banzai posted the source code for Gann ActivatorV2 from which I was able to add the MA cross code and signal logic.

To test this I have added another user input which allows you to set the MA mode used by the Gann Activator:-

MODE_SMA 0 Simple moving average,

MODE_EMA 1 Exponential moving average,

MODE_SMMA 2 Smoothed moving average,

MODE_LWMA 3 Linear weighted moving average.

4 modes altogether 0 - 3. It's default is SMA which is 0.

toddanderson:
I like your indicator but -when you have a popup alert it does not tell you what chart it is from. something like alert on euro/usd 15m thank you for your indicator

Just append Symbol() and Period() functions in all Alert functions.

eg : Alert("HiLo dot below MA"+" "+Symbol()+" "+Period(), MA_Period);

This should do the trick...

Thank you

I copy and pasted

("HiLo dot below MA"+" "+Symbol()+" "+Period(), MA_Period);

And i am getting errors when i compile, But i will keep working with it

thanks for your help

dswk:
Just append Symbol() and Period() functions in all Alert functions.

eg : Alert("HiLo dot below MA"+" "+Symbol()+" "+Period(), MA_Period);

This should do the trick...

toddanderson:
I copy and pasted

("HiLo dot below MA"+" "+Symbol()+" "+Period(), MA_Period);

And i am getting errors when i compile, But i will keep working with it

thanks for your help

You can try this,

("HiLo dot below MA "+Symbol()+" "+Period()+", "+MA_Period+"");

I believe MA_Period is a variable right?

that worked

Thank you very much

Devil2000:
You can try this,

("HiLo dot below MA "+Symbol()+" "+Period()+", "+MA_Period+"");

I believe MA_Period is a variable right?

toddanderson:
Thank you very much

You're welcome

i must not be doing it right or something because when i add it to my charts im not having any change from the last one to this one.

so are you saying i need to change the code in meta editor?

i dont see where i should change the coding in editor either

The new version has an extra set of properties that allows you to change the MA used for the Gann along with the MA x-over properties that I already added. What I'm saying is if the ex4 version that you have is in any way different to that which Banzai posted then that could explain the difference that you see. Are you sure that the property settings are identical for each version on your chart?

If you have the source code (.mq4) for the version you are comparing it with then post that and I'll take a look at both together as without it it's not possible for me to compare the two versions.

Reason: