Indicators with alerts/signal - page 90

MrPip:
The version posted earlier gave an alert when dmi + crossed dmi - either cross above or below. No levels were taken into account.

I modified the code to check for the levels as asked. The levels must be input as HighLevel and LowLevel. Default is 25 and 20.

Hope this works as expected.

Robert

Thanks a lot for your help Mr. Pip and you too Sadly. I am sure this will work out. I know nothing about the code - only know what I want to happen LOL!

Thanks so much for the assistance - I will test this and see what happens.

Hobbit

MrPip - I used b_dm_p and b_dm_m to check your DMI values. I believe this is right?

Sadly:
I've looked at the code and there doesn't appear to be any user defined DMI input parameters although the code itself sets levels at 20 and 25 so I've altered the alert code to check to see if either of the conditions you mentioned are true and if they are then to send an email (fingers crossed).

I did a quick change to allow setting for HighLevel and LowLevel as inputs to this one. It sends email but still alerts at the cross regardless of level.

Robert

Sadly:
MrPip - I used b_dm_p and b_dm_m to check your DMI values. I believe this is right?

Not my indicator, I just made the mods. Yes the _p is for dmi plus and the _m is for dmi minus.

Robert

MrPip - You are a superior human being

Thanks Guys

I appreciate your help and have this up on my chart now. I actually do not want to be alerted on a cross at all but rather only when the levels are met. I probably was not clear on that. Anyway I have it up now - I believe I got a cross but no email - only sound so I will wait untill the levels are met to see if I receive the email.

If it works then I do not mind having a sound alert on the cross - I just don't want to be emailed on the cross.

Thanks,

Hobbit

PS- you are both superior human beings lol

My version DMI_Levels_alert_email looks only at the levels as requested.

Sends email and gives alert when either condition is met for dmi_p above 25 and dmi_m below 20 OR dmi_m above 25 and dmi_p below 20.

Robert

MrPip:
My version DMI_Levels_alert_email looks only at the levels as requested.

Sends email and gives alert when either condition is met for dmi_p above 25 and dmi_m below 20 OR dmi_m above 25 and dmi_p below 20.

Robert

Mr. Pip,

That is excellent! Exactly what I wanted. I am just waiting for the levels to be reached to test it. I appreciate the quick response - it was more than I hoped for or expected.

Hobbit

Works great!

Mr. Pip,

The levels were just hit and I received the email promptly. Excellent work! I am very grateful.

Hobbit

banzai:
Here are the source codes of Gann Hi Lo. I still don't know how to add in an alert for this indi.

Try this ...

I've added an alert and email function plus the ability to change the MA period for the MA Gann X-over (currently set to 5) and MA type (currently set to SMA). An alert box is shown and a sound is played when either the Gann dots or the Gann Line cross the MA period set in the user parameters. If the email option is set to 'True' then an email is sent to the user. At least, I think that's what it does ...

PS How do you use this indicator?

Reason: