The Only Pivot - page 162

Hi TimeFreedom,

in your recent "TheOnlyPivot_Signal_sun" indicator, MA function and Pivot function using parameter : ""i -1" for storing MAafter Variable and Pivotafter, I think it's used in past data for showing the up and down arrow only, but in real mode it's impossible, because we cannot predict what is the next bar will be , right ? if I am wrong, please correct me.

part of orginal code :

MAafter = iMA(NULL, 0, MA_Period, 0, MA_Method, PriceMode, i-1);

Pivotafter = iCustom(NULL,0,"TheOnlyPivot_Level_Sun", TimeShift, 0, i-1);

if ((MAnow > Pivotnow) && (MAprevious Pivotafter))

if ((MAnow Pivotprevious) && (MAafter < Pivotafter))

Sos !!!

Hello all, this forum rocks man,

m new to this forum and forex as well,

I am trading on a demo account with North Finance, have downloaded the latest only pivot signal and level indicators that has option to specify the shift as per time zone. Can anybody help me to determine the value of "shift" option to match with your charts?

Let's say the EA closes the first lot @ +50 and moves the second lot to BE+1. If the second lot gets stopped out at BE+1 and you don't reset the EA and open a new trade the EA will close the trade because the SL is to close to price.

TimeFreedom

et_phonehome_2:
TimeFreedom

I finally got to put the MTP 1.7 on my chart to see if it takes care of things for me. Its not bad, but I do not understand what you meant by that once a TP is hit, one must refresh it since I did not do that and just left it alone the entire session....

Of course this is demo

I am not the original coder of the signal indicator. If you can make the indicator perform better please make the changes you see fit and we will help you test.

TimeFreedom

yenpok:
Hi TimeFreedom,

in your recent "TheOnlyPivot_Signal_sun" indicator, MA function and Pivot function using parameter : ""i -1" for storing MAafter Variable and Pivotafter, I think it's used in past data for showing the up and down arrow only, but in real mode it's impossible, because we cannot predict what is the next bar will be , right ? if I am wrong, please correct me.

part of orginal code :

MAafter = iMA(NULL, 0, MA_Period, 0, MA_Method, PriceMode, i-1);

Pivotafter = iCustom(NULL,0,"TheOnlyPivot_Level_Sun", TimeShift, 0, i-1);

if ((MAnow > Pivotnow) && (MAprevious Pivotafter))

if ((MAnow Pivotprevious) && (MAafter < Pivotafter))

You may want to set TimeShift to 1 or 2 for NF. Just play with it until the arrows and the Open Pivot looks like mine.

TimeFreedom

alispeaking:
Hello all, this forum rocks man,

m new to this forum and forex as well,

I am trading on a demo account with North Finance, have downloaded the latest only pivot signal and level indicators that has option to specify the shift as per time zone. Can anybody help me to determine the value of "shift" option to match with your charts?

buy signal coming up in 10 min , a power buy, look at my 2 charts

Files:
pivot.gif  18 kb

opps, here you go

Files:
pivot_1.gif  16 kb

TimeFreedom:
First bug I noticed is on 01-18-08, Order# 55 & 56, which was a sell signal. The EA should not have opened the trade on the same candle with the short signal. The EA should wait for the close of the signal candle or the open of the next candle to open the sell trade.

Note: You can check my statement for the the order#'s.

TimeFreedom

I am trying to figure out what is going on here. My chart looks different than yours. My 2ma crossed at the close of the bar before, then it opened the trade at the open of the next candle (like it should I think). Maybe I am using the wrong ma. Here are my choices:

Constant Value Description

MODE_SMA 0 Simple moving average,

MODE_EMA 1 Exponential moving average,

MODE_SMMA 2 Smoothed moving average,

MODE_LWMA 3 Linear weighted moving average.

I am using the EMA one right now. But I just checked the onlypivot ind. and it is using the smma as the default one.

Files:
pic_1.gif  17 kb

interesting

I just changed the tp to 100, and 200. Not to bad.

Files:

You should use a 2 period smoothed, weighted close (HLCC/4) moving average based on TheOnlyPivot strategy. I also played around with the MM and it looks like TP: 50 100 150 SL: -1 -50 -100 SLA: 50 100 150 gives us a better Profit Factor of 1.99 vs. 1.76 (Original MM). The DD is higher 8.48% vs. 5.6%. This is based on the month of January backtesting. Again I will play the MM and try and optimize for best TP and SL.

TimeFreedom

davidwillis:
I am trying to figure out what is going on here. My chart looks different than yours. My 2ma crossed at the close of the bar before, then it opened the trade at the open of the next candle (like it should I think). Maybe I am using the wrong ma. Here are my choices:

Constant Value Description

MODE_SMA 0 Simple moving average,

MODE_EMA 1 Exponential moving average,

MODE_SMMA 2 Smoothed moving average,

MODE_LWMA 3 Linear weighted moving average.

I am using the EMA one right now. But I just checked the onlypivot ind. and it is using the smma as the default one.
Reason: