Indicators with alerts/signal - page 141

Sadly
Sadly  

OH! How about that!!!! Two to choose from ...

Edit: That's interesting as we have used different approaches to meet the same ends.

Sadly
Sadly  
MrPip:
Sadly,

I added check of Shift == 1 to keep from having alerts for every signal on the chart. Only want alert on current candle.

Robert

Excellent work, MrPip. Hoping to get a grasp on MQL (albeit the hard way) and will learn from you coding skills.

Best wishes,

Sadly

Sadly
Sadly  
hobbit:
Hi cja,

Would it be possible to add an email alert to this indicator? It currently has sound only.

Thanks.

Try this ....

PS Hopefully it won't fire-off an email every tick!

Sadly
Sadly  

Your welcome. Let's just say my one is the "nagging" version ... you'll see what I mean if you ever apply it to a chart!

MrPip is a good egg

Sadly
Sadly  
hobbit:
Hi Sadly,

Well the good news is it doesn't go off every tick. I think there is something else going on with the original alert I uploaded that isn't doing what I want.

Basically I want an alert that will email me only when either a. (Dmi+ is above 25 and Dmi - is below 20) or b. (Dmi- is above 25 and Dmi+ is below 20) . Or whatever the levels are that are inserted in the levels tab.

I realize that probably has nothing to do with the email alert you put in which worked well but went off when both Dmi+ and Dmi- were below 20.

I don't know if there is anything to be done about that or not but I thank you for your time and effort.

Thanks again and I would appreciate any help if there is a solution to this.

Hobbit

I've looked at the code and there doesn't appear to be any user defined DMI input parameters although the code itself sets levels at 20 and 25 so I've altered the alert code to check to see if either of the conditions you mentioned are true and if they are then to send an email (fingers crossed).

Sadly
Sadly  

MrPip - I used b_dm_p and b_dm_m to check your DMI values. I believe this is right?

Sadly
Sadly  

MrPip - You are a superior human being

Sadly
Sadly  
banzai:
Here are the source codes of Gann Hi Lo. I still don't know how to add in an alert for this indi.

Try this ...

I've added an alert and email function plus the ability to change the MA period for the MA Gann X-over (currently set to 5) and MA type (currently set to SMA). An alert box is shown and a sound is played when either the Gann dots or the Gann Line cross the MA period set in the user parameters. If the email option is set to 'True' then an email is sent to the user. At least, I think that's what it does ...

PS How do you use this indicator?

Sadly
Sadly  

It needed a tweak ... it's back up again now.

Sadly
Sadly  
bassfisher74133:
The indicator is just a little off... enough so that there is a 10 pip difference between the actual Gann that I have and the one you made.

Is there no way to just add an alert to this my Gann when the cross happens??? I need to be able to adjust the lookback and the ideal alert would be a mp3 type so I can change the alert sound and I would love for it to be a constant alert until I turn it off.

I hope that’s not too hard it looks like you almost have it and I would be entirely grateful if you guys could get it.

an ideal alert for this would be a

Are you sure about this as I thoroughly tested it to do exactly what you asked for ...

bassfisher74133:
could someone please code this for me??? i need the gann to do a email alert & just a alert if possible when it crosses the 5 moving average.

Placing a 5 EMA on the chart and setting same in the indicator properties then running the indicator you'll see that the alert will sound when the Gann has crossed. I can't see the 10 pip difference you mention.