Indicators with alerts/signal - page 142

Sadly
Sadly  

I see the difference now. The version you posted was an ex4 file which is compiled and can not be altered. Banzai posted the source code for Gann ActivatorV2 from which I was able to add the MA cross code and signal logic.

I can see from the Banzai source code that the Gann Activatorv2 uses a fixed SMA mode in it's calculations. If the compiled version that you posted is different in some respect then that could be the explanation.

To test this I have added another user input which allows you to set the MA mode used by the Gann Activator:-

MODE_SMA 0 Simple moving average,

MODE_EMA 1 Exponential moving average,

MODE_SMMA 2 Smoothed moving average,

MODE_LWMA 3 Linear weighted moving average.

4 modes altogether 0 - 3. It's default is SMA which is 0.

Sadly
Sadly  

The new version has an extra set of properties that allows you to change the MA used for the Gann along with the MA x-over properties that I already added. What I'm saying is if the ex4 version that you have is in any way different to that which Banzai posted then that could explain the difference that you see. Are you sure that the property settings are identical for each version on your chart?

If you have the source code (.mq4) for the version you are comparing it with then post that and I'll take a look at both together as without it it's not possible for me to compare the two versions.

Sadly
Sadly  

Yes but Mr Pip does it really well

Sadly
Sadly  
gatya:
Dear Forum i have indicator that very suitable for me, but i dont understand how to add alert for this indicator. i want there is alert when dot changing. maybe newdigital can help me for this.

Looking at the code, adding if (PrevPr != Pr) Alert("Colour change") on a line above PrevPr = Pr, should have done the trick but that didn't seem to work out as expected. The sequence is 0,0 / 0,1, / 1,1 / 1,0. By my logic the added code above ought to have worked OK but nope! Sorry.

Sadly
Sadly  
MoreYummy:
Anyone remember where is the indicator for a Moving Average that has slope-colored?

So if the slope is down, it colored in red, if up colored in green, color isnt a matter, just to show if the MA is up or down.

Im lost in this big site....

thanks.

Also, see igorad's excellent AllAverages indicator. This has a colour on/off option in the properties

James
James  

volume alert?

Is it possible create an alert that had the option of going off when volume reached a desired threshold?

James
James  

paid programmers?

can someone direct me to a good paid programmer on this forum? There are far too many requests in this thread and not enough freelance programmers to handle them all.

Елена
Елена  

Hi! Can you make this indicator with alert? When arrow shows

Sorry for bad english...

Елена
Елена  

I need alert when dot shows!!!

Luke_P
Luke_P  
Luke_P:
Great indicator fast!

Adaptive MA is one of my favorites.

Do you think you could turn this into an EA?

I've been looking at your code/trying to modify it but it's making my head spin.

I know this isn't the newbie forum but I've been trying to modify this indicator but it already uses 8 buffers. I want to add a 9th one but I guess that is beyond the abilities of MT. Anyone know the workaround?