Computed Acceleration of MA

Before I spend they time coding this to see how well if it is successful, I wanted to know if there is something like it already.

EA based on the current Acceleration of the Moving Average. Then applying the value of the acceleration to the opening value of the next candle to determine take profit.

I would think that taking the acceleration, and applying it to the time frame, you should be able to calculate a range for that bar.

I am sure there are probably a million holes in this idea, but maybe there is something I can learn from it.

unclepips:
Before I spend they time coding this to see how well if it is successful, I wanted to know if there is something like it already.

EA based on the current Acceleration of the Moving Average. Then applying the value of the acceleration to the opening value of the next candle to determine take profit.

I would think that taking the acceleration, and applying it to the time frame, you should be able to calculate a range for that bar.

I am sure there are probably a million holes in this idea, but maybe there is something I can learn from it.

hmmm Interesting...

I not a math guru by any means, but I know that you would have to use an MA with 2nd order smoothing or double smoothing to reduce the lag enough to be able to use it with an acceleration calculation since acceleration is a 2nd order derivative itself.

Not sure what you mean by using the acceleration of an MA and "applying it to the opening value of the next candle for TP" or getting a range with it. ...?

Perhaps if you elaborate a little more?

Reason: