Indicators with alerts/signal - page 1085

Dan The Great:
Hello mladen,

Is there a way you can make this indicator not repaint itself? Also if you could add the option to alert on current or set that option to false that would be great. Right now the indicator only alerts at close.

ema_cross__ses__bdv8_12_31.mq4

Dan The Great

No. That is a long known ma cross repainter. Use any of the correctly coded moving averages cross indicators (quite a few correctly coded there)

Hi Mladen, Hi Mr. Tools,

Is it possible for you to fix the alert function of this indicator? I don't get an audio or message alert.

Thanks a lot in advance for looking into this!

rsi-3tf_alert_22.mq4

Files:

Hi Mladen, Mr. Tools

Would it be possible to add RSI alert to this indicator? By that I mean when the indicator passes the RSI oversold or overbought, to get an alert.

Can you do that please? Thanks a lot!

Files:
alert.png  10 kb

Jason2005:
Hi Mladen, Mr. Tools

Would it be possible to add RSI alert to this indicator? By that I mean when the indicator passes the RSI oversold or overbought, to get an alert.

Can you do that please? Thanks a lot!

Jason2005

That indicator does not use RSI at all and works in completely different range of values from RSI - RSI is bound to 0 to 100 range, while the TrendStrength indicator is an unbound indicator (without known bounds) and the two can not be compared

mladen:
Jason2005 That indicator does not use RSI at all and works in completely different range of values from RSI - RSI is bound to 0 to 100 range, while the TrendStrength indicator is an unbound indicator (without known bounds) and the two can not be compared

Yes I do know, but can't we have an alert when the TrendStrength indicator passes the RSI overbought or oversold lines chosen by the user.

Jason2005:
Yes I do know, but can't we have an alert when the TrendStrength indicator passes the RSI overbought or oversold lines chosen by the user.

Jason2005

Please check what are the values of the trend strength indicator

For EURUSD, for example, it will go over value of 1 (one) only on monthly chart. You can not compare the values of trend strength and the values of RSI (levels) - they are incomparable

mladen:
Jason2005

Please check what are the values of the trend strength indicator

For EURUSD, for example, it will go over value of 1 (one) only on monthly chart. You can not compare the values of trend strength and the values of RSI (levels) - they are incomparable

Ok thanks. It's just that when you superimpose both they match. Thanks anyway.

Jason2005:

When you superimpose, then metatrader adjusts the pixels height of each other - but pixels height does not mean anything for either of the indicators and can not be used for anything from the indicators code(s). You can not combine indicators that way. Check the values of each indicator in a separate window and you shall see what do I mean immediately

mladen:
When you superimpose, then metatrader adjusts the pixels height of each other - but pixels height does not mean anything for either of the indicators and can not be used for anything from the indicators code(s). You can not combine indicators that way. Check the values of each indicator in a separate window and you shall see what do I mean immediately

Thanks for your very clear explanation.

Jason2005:

Bad idea to superimpose indicators that are not in the same range

Reason: