Indicators with alerts/signal - page 1069

mladen:
What does exactly "when they agree" mean?

Ok, The arrows is a 2ema crossover 4,8 emas,

Now, if you see the bar is following a trend of a 200 ema period and when ema 4 and ema 8 cross in the same direction we get a red bar this is what i mean by "the agreement or trend alignment", if ema 4 and 8 cross in the opposite direction of the "main" 200 ema trend the bar changes to yellow, meaning the 2 faster emas are not "in agreement" with the 3rd ema.(200ema)

That being said we would be getting just "the proper signals" and we would having signal arrows just in the direction of the 200ema trend.

Instead of checking 6 or 8 charts on 5 min period every time the ema cross arrow sends an alert,

The 3Mas cross just alerts once, but if for some reason you are not at your desk you miss it

The advantage of the emas bar would give you a second or more signals in case you missed the first 3emas cross and ride whats left of the 200ema trend.

I hope i explained my self, and thanks again for your interest and time.

Files:
agreement.png  96 kb

ripefx:

Ok, The arrows is a 2ema crossover 4,8 emas,

Now, if you see the bar is following a trend of a 200 ema period and when ema 4 and ema 8 cross in the same direction we get a red bar this is what i mean by "the agreement or trend alignment", if ema 4 and 8 cross in the opposite direction of the "main" 200 ema trend the bar changes to yellow, meaning the 2 faster emas are not "in agreement" with the 3rd ema.(200ema)

That being said we would be getting just "the proper signals" and we would having signal arrows just in the direction of the 200ema trend.

Instead of checking 6 or 8 charts on 5 min period every time the ema cross arrow sends an alert,

The 3Mas cross just alerts once, but if for some reason you are not at your desk you miss it

The advantage of the emas bar would give you a second or more signals in case you missed the first 3emas cross and ride whats left of the 200ema trend.

I hope i explained my self, and thanks again for your interest and time.

So, if I understand correctly, if ema 4 is > ema 8 and ema 8 is > ema 200, then it is a signal up, and vice versa?

Or you are checking just the slopes of the 3?

mladen:
So, if I understand correctly, if ema 4 is > ema 8 and ema 8 is > ema 200, then it is a signal up, and vice versa? Or you are checking just the slopes of the 3?

DING!!! Correct, if 4>8 and 8>200ema signal up.... now if its possible to add a 4th MA would be excellent, if its to much, 3 emas will do.

Thanks..

A small ema rainbow breakout alert indicator. Ema200 is way to klutzy and not 'safer' at all. Ema35 or ema50 should do better. I wished this could be done for smartphones too.

ripefx:
DING!!! Correct, if 4>8 and 8>200ema signal up.... now if its possible to add a 4th MA would be excellent, if its to much, 3 emas will do. Thanks..

Version with alerts (including push notifications) : emas_amp_alerts.mq4

Files:
emas.gif  60 kb

chartista:
mladen, Did you see the vid? What I wanted to replicate was the arrows appearing on the candles/bars that close in the top or bottom 25% of their range.... furthermore, the arrow would only paint long when the candle/bar closes above the 50 sma and only short when the candle/bar close below the 50 sma.... The formula I found in one of the responses to the video and I just assumed it was correct.... I am not a coder.

In that formula

С H-2 and L-1 > L-2 and C0.25 = SELL

C0.25 simply does not mean anything

And as I told, in cases when there us a strong trend down, close is always less than sma 50, high is almost always lower than previous high as well as the low (see the EURUSD 15 minute chart today) so it can not be taken for signals (apart from that C0.25 mystery) since then we would end selling on almost every bar

I tested the indicator on a 1min chart with 5,10 and 20 emas, but some thing is wrong, i got a false signal, it alert that all emas were down, and the 2 faster emas were on the upper side of the 20 ema, picture attached, disregard the arows.

Kind Regards.

Files:
false.png  95 kb

Ema is a recalculating indicator (current bar is still under construction). Wait till the bar has closed or set 'alert on current' to false. The ema5 was under the other both but price jumped back and so did the ema5.

krelian99:
Ema is a recalculating indicator (current bar is still under construction). Wait till the bar has closed or set 'alert on current' to false. The ema5 was under the other both but price jumped back and so did the ema5.

I'll try it in the 5,15,and 1hr chart to have a better trend view. also the 50ema set up you mention i think will perfor well in a 1hr chart as the slower ema.

Thank you.

mladen:
Version with alerts (including push notifications) : emas_amp_alerts.mq4

Thanks for you great help, and time to modify the indicator...

Reason: