Everything about RSI - page 55

I know that the name of the indicator is "un-smoothed" but decided to see what will happen to that version if a jurik smoothing was added to it. This is the result. So now we have an un-smoothed rsi with a possibility to smooth it using jurik smoothing .

If you ist to make it without smoothing, set the smooth parameter to <= 1

Мladen, the indicator 2 does not show growth of value at growth of the price whereas it shows 1 indicator, the difference can be seen if to put value 5, at 14 they are similar. Whether probably to make so that the corrected indicator showed as 1 Unsmoothed RSI? Thanks

Riksha:
Мladen, the indicator 2 does not show growth of value at growth of the price whereas it shows 1 indicator, the difference can be seen if to put value 5, at 14 they are similar. Whether probably to make so that the corrected indicator showed as 1 Unsmoothed RSI? Thanks

Riksha

Well this one made me thinking

What you have found is actually an error (bug) in metatrader when it calculates simple moving average. When the indicator starts to calculate from the first (oldest) bar - lets say 5000, then you are going to get what you have in the version "2" I previously posted. If you start from a bar that is not the oldest, but just 1 bar "younger" - in this case 4999, it will do the calculation as it did on the original.

Attaching 2 versions : the version 2, that has just one thing changed - at one place "Bars-1" is replaced with "Bars-2" and you are getting the same values. And attaching a version that uses my way of calculating SMA (not the built in SMA) and then you are going to get same values even when the limit starts from Bars-1

Here is a comparison of the 3 (all set to period 5) :
- upper is the old one

- middle is the version "2" with that change from "-1" to "-2"

- lower is the new using custom SMA but from the oldest bar in history

Ass you can see they look as if they are exactly the same, but you will find out that there are some differences in values (that is due to how the built in SMA calculates the sma - I do not use their way for that)

PS: that way of calculating SMA is an approximation. For example : you have a set of values like this "1,1,0,0,1". Normal simple moving average using period 2 would have 0 as a result at a place when it finds the "0,0", while the "faster" calculation is not going to have 0 as a result of "(0+0)/2". So, the un-smoothed RSI is working only because it is using the built in SMA that assumes that there are no strings of same values in the calculated sample and as such should be takes as a curiosity, not as a regular indicator, since it works only because the sma used is an approximation of sma not a real sma. And as such it depends largely from the first bar calculated (which means that the values of the RSI will probably change when you change time frames or symbols, because the first calculated value is going to change too. The difference will not be big, but it will be there)

The version with super smoother that corrects that metatrader 4 bug (in this one built in SMA is not used at all - stopping to have confidence in even the simplest metatrader functions by now). The difference is not going to be seen on longer RSI calculation period but rather on very short periods.

RSX Divergence Detector

Hello all,

is there a version of RSX indicator which will auto detect divergences?

thanks in advance.

-zhao

zhaozilong:
Hello all,

is there a version of RSX indicator which will auto detect divergences?

thanks in advance.

-zhao

zhao

One version was posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Searched in other places too, but it seems that all were posted at that section

mladen:
zhao

One version was posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Searched in other places too, but it seems that all were posted at that section

hi, mladen!

I've downloaded the ssaofpricewpr and that is a really good indicator. Is possible do the same with the RSI and CCI?

KelchMonteiro:
hi, mladen! I've downloaded the ssaofpricewpr and that is a really good indicator. Is possible do the same with the RSI and CCI?

Kelch

If we are thinking about the same indicator, SSA recalculates. So you should be careful since it is going to change values

mladen:
Kelch If we are thinking about the same indicator, SSA recalculates. So you should be careful since it is going to change values

well, I think is the same... but I'm testing one strategy in a demo account (since the last week) where the ssaofwpr_v1 with changed parameters (periods, computations and lags) is the main indicator and it's amazing. It's giving to me too many pips a day. I've started one demo account with USD5.000 last friday and now I'm with USD17.114,46.

The ssaofwpr_v1 with right parameters can show when a new the trend starts.

Of course that I'm using it with the "^-^WC_NLR", "mtf ang_azad(Osc)" and "i-regr Hamp;L" but just in last 4 hours I won USD2,344. I don't need to stay anymore in front of the my laptop 14 hours a day with fear about "false and perfect reversal". When I sit down on my chair, I just wait for an oversold or overbought and confirm with another indicators. But the configuration I'm using is just for trades with a limit of 15 minutes. Is the maximum time that I stay open.

I think this indicator is wonderful and you wrote it.

You're wonderful too! Lol Many thanks!

pls am searching for an indicator that uses a faster EMA 5 , slower EMA 13 and RSI 21 with arrow and alert.the one one i have does not refresh

Reason: