Coding help - page 577

Good morning.

Could you please help me code an indicator for MT4? It is based on ETH HQ article "FRAMA - Is it effective?". (Link below) It is just a Fractal Adaptive Moving Average with additional function to choose your own smoothing values.

Cheers!

http://etfhq.com/blog/2010/10/09/frama-is-it-effective/

abrk:
Good morning.

Could you please help me code an indicator for MT4? It is based on ETH HQ article "FRAMA - Is it effective?". (Link below) It is just a Fractal Adaptive Moving Average with additional function to choose your own smoothing values.

Cheers!

http://etfhq.com/blog/2010/10/09/frama-is-it-effective/

abrk

Check this one )among others) : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173235/page56

Can someone tell me why the attached alert does not agree with the standard ma on MT4 please?

The alert is set to fire when the 5 and 6 smma's cross (and place an arrow on the screen. When I placed a 5smma (set to close) on screen it does not match the smma's of the alert - set similarly to 5smma - close.

The alert was exactly what I was looking for (it has a popup specifically to show both which timeframe and which pair) but I cannot get it to work as I believe it should.

If possible could this alert be fixed (if indeed it is incorrect).

TEAMTRADER

Hi mladen,

I have a ea, working pending orders , D1 time frame with eurusd.Back test result working smoothly.When I work it demo or real ea has a problem.Problem is, ea not sending the pending orders sometimes sending sometimes not. when reset meta platform, ea sending.But I want close day after(12:00)at 0:01ea have to send pending orders high-low to previous day.If you check back test you will see regular operating mode.Please could you fix time filter bug?

Best regards,kubi

TEAMTRADER:
Can someone tell me why the attached alert does not agree with the standard ma on MT4 please?

The alert is set to fire when the 5 and 6 smma's cross (and place an arrow on the screen. When I placed a 5smma (set to close) on screen it does not match the smma's of the alert - set similarly to 5smma - close.

The alert was exactly what I was looking for (it has a popup specifically to show both which timeframe and which pair) but I cannot get it to work as I believe it should.

If possible could this alert be fixed (if indeed it is incorrect).

TEAMTRADER

Set the alertsOnCurrent to false and then you are not going to have false alerts (it will alert only when the bar closes and when the alerts can not be changed any more by price changes on the currently still opened bar)

kubi:
Hi mladen,

I have a ea, working pending orders , D1 time frame with eurusd.Back test result working smoothly.When I work it demo or real ea has a problem.Problem is, ea not sending the pending orders sometimes sending sometimes not. when reset meta platform, ea sending.But I want close day after(12:00)at 0:01ea have to send pending orders high-low to previous day.If you check back test you will see regular operating mode.Please could you fix time filter bug?

Best regards,kubi

kubi

Check the experts and journal tab of the terminal for possible error messages

mladen:

kubi

Check the experts and journal tab of the terminal for possible error messages

no error message at journal tab.Back test working good but when I work ea, working not same as back test.

kubi:
no error message at journal tab.Back test working good but when I work ea, working not same as back test.

kubi

That is usually a sign that some of the parameters is not fitting the live trading

The difference is that you can have variable spreads, minimal stops, and so on exist in live trading and all those do not exist in back test. That is the reason why there is difference. Check which parameter is causing that (since it depends on broker and market conditions when it happens, without knowing what error was raised, I can not help you : the odds that my broker and account will have same errors as yours are close to zero)

thanks mladen,

regards kubi

mladen:
Set the alertsOnCurrent to false and then you are not going to have false alerts (it will alert only when the bar closes and when the alerts can not be changed any more by price changes on the currently still opened bar)

Thanks, got that.

Would you know why the 5smma's do not agree?

TEAMTRADER

Files:
usdjpyh1ma.png  31 kb
Reason: