Requests & Ideas - page 330

mladen:
rayphua Please read the original request. It has to be like that since you requested that it "predicts" using the current bars prices as the potential future value

Mladen, there is a misunderstanding. What I require is for it to predict the next potential future value based on the current value of the current unfinished bar. There is no need for past bars to be predicted since those have already taken place. Can you kindly amend the indicator for me, please.

mladen:
Gfuchs

This is a very quick visual test with ecn broker set to true. As you can see, take profit and stop loss are handled properly and it is working in back test OK too. This was taken n build 660.

Are all indicators at place? What was the setting for stop loss when it did not place it?

Hi Mladen, in strategy tester/normal charts it works fine, but on a Renko chart it doesn't set a SL, only a TP. As I said I have set TP 600 and SL 2500 for De30 (Price 9000,00). Any ideas?

Gfuchs:
Hi Mladen, in strategy tester/normal charts it works fine, but on a Renko chart it doesn't set a SL, only a TP. As I said I have set TP 600 and SL 2500 for De30 (Price 9000,00). Any ideas?

Gfuchs

I can not tell why it does not set it on custom data. Renko charts are not standard metatrader time frames and how are they treated by metatrader is more a question of a "does metatrader treat offline chart data in strategy tester correctly or not" kind. If regular time frames are treated OK then the conclusion leads into one direction only

mrtools:
Hi Rayphua, This is the bar version of the VQ zero line its multi time frame with alerts on color change.

Updated version of volatility quality zero line bars : volatilityquality_zeroline_bars_mtfalerts_nmc.mq4

rayphua:
Mladen, there is a misunderstanding. What I require is for it to predict the next potential future value based on the current value of the current unfinished bar. There is no need for past bars to be predicted since those have already taken place. Can you kindly amend the indicator for me, please.

Hi Mladen,

Kindly acede to the correction amendment for the indicator, thank you.

rayphua:
Hi Mladen, Kindly acede to the correction amendment for the indicator, thank you.

rayphua

It can not be done so

That way you are going to have one bar gap that is not going to be calculated

mladen:
rayphua

It can not be done so

That way you are going to have one bar gap that is not going to be calculated

Mladen

I only require the next bar to be predicted and the prediction disappears once the next bar starts and a new prediction shows for the bar after the next.

Example:

On a setting with 240 timeframe, it's 2:30pm, current bar shows the 2pm to 3.59pm rendering, prediction shows the 4pm rendering. 4pm starts, current bar shows the 4pm to 7.59pm rendering, prediction shows for 8pm rendering, and so on.

On a setting with 1440 timeframe, it's 2:30pm, current bar shows the 12pm to 11:59am rendering, prediction shows the 12pm (next day's) rendering, and so on.

It is possible, isn't it?

rayphua:
Mladen

I only require the next bar to be predicted and the prediction disappears once the next bar starts and a new prediction shows for the bar after the next.

Example:

On a setting with 240 timeframe, it's 2:30pm, current bar shows the 2pm to 3.59pm rendering, prediction shows the 4pm rendering. 4pm starts, current bar shows the 4pm to 7.59pm rendering, prediction shows for 8pm rendering, and so on.

On a setting with 1440 timeframe, it's 2:30pm, current bar shows the 12pm to 11:59am rendering, prediction shows the 12pm (next day's) rendering, and so on.

It is possible, isn't it?

Take a look at this example : as it is obvious, at the same bar CCI (the classical CCI) and the cci woodie double HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME values. There is no predicted value at the bar that belongs to current (not future) bar.

You can do the same, and you will find that there is not a single difference at the same bar compared to same setting CCI if you check it in the data window. I will repeat again : there is no predicted value for bars 1 to the oldest bar of the chart. The only predicted value is the first future bar

When you turn on the multi time frame mode it works as any regular multi time frame indicator and even then, it works the same way as it is demonstrated at this picture

happy trading

Files:
cci.gif  105 kb

mladen:
Take a look at this example : as it is obvious, at the same bar CCI (the classical CCI) and the cci woodie double HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME values. There is no predicted value at the bar that belongs to current (not future) bar.

You can do the same, and you will find that there is not a single difference at the same bar compared to same setting CCI if you check it in the data window. I will repeat again : there is no predicted value for bars 1 to the oldest bar of the chart. The only predicted value is the first future bar

When you turn on the multi time frame mode it works as any regular multi time frame indicator and even then, it works the same way as it is demonstrated at this picture

happy trading

Mladen, are you saying that if I was to view the indicator in a chart timeframe that corresponds with the timeframe set on the indicator (no multitimeframe), it would only show the 1st future bar. However if I view it in multitimeframe where the indicator is set at a higher timeframe than the chart timeframe, it would show the problem that I had highlighted, and there is no way this problem can be resolved when being used in multi-timeframe mode?

rayphua:
Mladen, are you saying that if I was to view the indicator in a chart timeframe that corresponds with the timeframe set on the indicator (no multitimeframe), it would only show the 1st future bar. However if I view it in multitimeframe where the indicator is set at a higher timeframe than the chart timeframe, it would show the problem that I had highlighted, and there is no way this problem can be resolved when being used in multi-timeframe mode?

There is no problem

Those bars that you are referring to at the current time frame are belonging to the higher time frame current bar (check the ending time of that what you call a "predicted bar" and check when will the upper time frame current bar will be closed - it is simply showing the value of the current upper time frame bar up to the moment when it will be closed)

Reason: