Forget random quotes - page 23

Andrei01:
could you give an example where redrawing gives a better estimate than without it?
I don't have this problem in principle. I calculate, I make a decision. What happens to the drawing afterwards is of no interest to me. By the way, I do not use indicators.

faa1947:
I do not have this problem in principle. I've done the math, I've made my decision. I am not interested in what happens to the drawing afterwards. By the way, I don't use indicators.
All that you have calculated, all that you have made a decision based on, is essentially an indicator -- a status indicator. That's to the question of terms. Another thing is that you're not using indicators from MT's delivery or any other indicators that draw some lines, but that refers to visualization... And that's two big differences!

avtomat:
All that you have calculated, all that you have made a decision based on is in fact an indicator - a state indicator. That's to the question of terms. Another thing is that you don't use indicators from MT delivery or any other indicators that draw some lines, but that refers to visualization... And that's two big differences!

I absolutely agree. Moreover, I very often draw the analytical formulas I use. But it's a matter of convenience and laziness, not TC.

I understood Andrei01's question

If TS is about patterns, first of all one runs through the indicators and by their configuration looks for patterns that one has marked or outlined for oneself. In these conditions, in terms of actual work on history, the issue of overframing is cornerstone.

But I don't trade patterns, by the way I don't trade patterns in TA either. I make a prediction from a previous state, and now I also make a prediction error and stat characteristics of the previous state. I recalculate it on the next bar. Andrei01 seems to be unaware of such TS.

Andrei01:

1. There are recursive calculations and there are nonrecursive ones, where the values of previous solutions are not taken into account, but only the input data. Recursive filter calculations, if they are stable, are known to have better characteristics, both computationally and in terms of performance. So it is illogical to reject it thoughtlessly.

What difference does it make, they are interchangeable. Besides, you don't have to use all the available information if some of it is enough to make a decision. For the construction of one indicator value we do not analyze the whole history of this instrument, all other instruments, weather forecasts, etc., etc. However, we could do it and we can use or not use the previous (previously traced) indicator values. It's a matter of choice which information to include in the indicator and it's not clear, where there is more of it, because the output actually depends on the extracting algorithm.

2) I wonder how you can show it, you keep all graph in your head and nobody from outside will understand anything. ))

But when it will be found out, the payment has already been made))

alsu:

What difference does it make, they are interchangeable. In addition, it is not necessary to use all the available information, if some of it is enough to make a decision. For the construction of one indicator value we do not analyze the whole history of this instrument, all other instruments, weather forecasts, etc., etc. However, we could do it and we can use or not use the previous (previously traced) indicator values. It's a matter of choice which information to include in the indicator and it's not clear, where there is more of it, because the output actually depends on the extracting algorithm.

By the way, if we use the indicator for trading, its past values are already taken into account in the current state of the trading system (it remembers what we did) and there is no need to duplicate the information.

C-4:

I think we have different definitions of the word 'memory'. Memory is inseparable from the arrow of time, if only because we remember what happened yesterday and cannot remember what will happen tomorrow. Any processes capable of remembering their past state, be it price movement or your shopping today, are predetermined in and dependent on time. What you mean by "memory" is something that has nothing to do with time.
The memory of the market is very simple. It is the memory of the people who trade in it.

By the way, back to the topic.

LONDON, July 13. / ITAR-TASS reporter Vitaly Makarchev/. Twelve of the world's largest banks involved in setting the London interbank interest rate - Libor - face a $22 billion fine. This was reported today by The Financial Times. http://www.itar-tass.com/c11/471877.html

HideYourRichess:

By the way, back to the topic.

LONDON, July 13. / ITAR-TASS reporter Vitaly Makarchev/. Twelve of the world's largest banks involved in setting the London interbank interest rate - Libor - face a $22 billion fine. This was reported today by The Financial Times. http://www.itar-tass.com/c11/471877.html

Saw on TV that US banks were fined $6bn.

But we won't see an efficient market anyway, as I think the whole dog is buried in hedge funds with $1000 trillion in futures (spreading rumours about the numbers).

faa1947:

But I don't trade patterns, by the way I didn't trade patterns in TA either. I make a prediction from the previous state, and now I also make a prediction error and stat characteristics of the pre-state. I recalculate it on the next bar. Andrei01 just does not know about such TS.

In other words, if a state is trending, we may calculate the probability of its continuation in the future. How is it better than reading by coffee grounds? ))

Andrei01:
That is, if there was a trend state, for example, the probability that this state will continue in the future is calculated? How is it better than a statistical reading of coffee grounds? ))
Read books, or better yet get a specialized education.
Reason: