Requests & Ideas - page 331

RWP
RWP  
mladen:
rayphua

It can not be done so

That way you are going to have one bar gap that is not going to be calculated

Mladen

I only require the next bar to be predicted and the prediction disappears once the next bar starts and a new prediction shows for the bar after the next.

Example:

On a setting with 240 timeframe, it's 2:30pm, current bar shows the 2pm to 3.59pm rendering, prediction shows the 4pm rendering. 4pm starts, current bar shows the 4pm to 7.59pm rendering, prediction shows for 8pm rendering, and so on.

On a setting with 1440 timeframe, it's 2:30pm, current bar shows the 12pm to 11:59am rendering, prediction shows the 12pm (next day's) rendering, and so on.

It is possible, isn't it?

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
rayphua:
Mladen

I only require the next bar to be predicted and the prediction disappears once the next bar starts and a new prediction shows for the bar after the next.

Example:

On a setting with 240 timeframe, it's 2:30pm, current bar shows the 2pm to 3.59pm rendering, prediction shows the 4pm rendering. 4pm starts, current bar shows the 4pm to 7.59pm rendering, prediction shows for 8pm rendering, and so on.

On a setting with 1440 timeframe, it's 2:30pm, current bar shows the 12pm to 11:59am rendering, prediction shows the 12pm (next day's) rendering, and so on.

It is possible, isn't it?

Take a look at this example : as it is obvious, at the same bar CCI (the classical CCI) and the cci woodie double HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME values. There is no predicted value at the bar that belongs to current (not future) bar.

You can do the same, and you will find that there is not a single difference at the same bar compared to same setting CCI if you check it in the data window. I will repeat again : there is no predicted value for bars 1 to the oldest bar of the chart. The only predicted value is the first future bar

When you turn on the multi time frame mode it works as any regular multi time frame indicator and even then, it works the same way as it is demonstrated at this picture

happy trading

Files:
cci.gif 105 kb
RWP
RWP  
mladen:
Take a look at this example : as it is obvious, at the same bar CCI (the classical CCI) and the cci woodie double HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME values. There is no predicted value at the bar that belongs to current (not future) bar.

You can do the same, and you will find that there is not a single difference at the same bar compared to same setting CCI if you check it in the data window. I will repeat again : there is no predicted value for bars 1 to the oldest bar of the chart. The only predicted value is the first future bar

When you turn on the multi time frame mode it works as any regular multi time frame indicator and even then, it works the same way as it is demonstrated at this picture

happy trading

Mladen, are you saying that if I was to view the indicator in a chart timeframe that corresponds with the timeframe set on the indicator (no multitimeframe), it would only show the 1st future bar. However if I view it in multitimeframe where the indicator is set at a higher timeframe than the chart timeframe, it would show the problem that I had highlighted, and there is no way this problem can be resolved when being used in multi-timeframe mode?

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
rayphua:
Mladen, are you saying that if I was to view the indicator in a chart timeframe that corresponds with the timeframe set on the indicator (no multitimeframe), it would only show the 1st future bar. However if I view it in multitimeframe where the indicator is set at a higher timeframe than the chart timeframe, it would show the problem that I had highlighted, and there is no way this problem can be resolved when being used in multi-timeframe mode?

There is no problem

Those bars that you are referring to at the current time frame are belonging to the higher time frame current bar (check the ending time of that what you call a "predicted bar" and check when will the upper time frame current bar will be closed - it is simply showing the value of the current upper time frame bar up to the moment when it will be closed)

RWP
RWP  
mladen:
There is no problem Those bars that you are referring to at the current time frame are belonging to the higher time frame current bar (check the ending time of that what you call a "predicted bar" and check when will the upper time frame current bar will be closed - it is simply showing the value of the current upper time frame bar up to the moment when it will be closed)

Perhaps the attached pic would help explain the problem I was referring to.

Both indicators are set at 1440 timeframe and viewed on a 240 timeframe chart.

1st indicator is the predictive indicator.

2nd indicator is the original.

See how the yellow line does not match but the blue line does? And the differences in the portions where the histogram is colored?

Files:
eurusdh4.png 111 kb
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
rayphua:
Perhaps the attached pic would help explain the problem I was referring to.

Both indicators are set at 1440 timeframe and viewed on a 240 timeframe chart.

1st indicator is the predictive indicator.

2nd indicator is the original.

See how the yellow line does not match but the blue line does?

Sorry

I have no idea what indicator are you comparing it to

Never used DI RP indicator. Here is one more comparison with a regular CCI and the "double" one and there is no difference whatsoever at any bar for the whole history on the whole chart:

My indicator works correctly

regards

Files:
cci_3.gif 100 kb
RWP
RWP  
mladen:
Sorry

I have no idea what indicator are you comparing it to

Never used DI RP indicator. Here is one more comparison with a regular CCI and the "double" one and there is no difference whatsoever at any bar for the whole history on the whole chart:

My indicator works correctly

regards

Mladen, the indicator i compared it to is the original indicator i posted in https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179807/page212

For your easier reference, i've attached it again.

cciwoodydoublemtf1.mq4

The yellow line is the entry CCI. The blue line is the trend CCI. The yellow lines on both indicators do not match in certain areas.

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
rayphua:
Mladen, the indicator i compared it to is the original indicator i posted in https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179807/page212

For your easier reference, i've attached it again.

cciwoodydoublemtf1.mq4

The yellow line is the entry CCI. The blue line is the trend CCI. The yellow lines on both indicators do not match in certain areas.

That indicator is an indicator altered by you in which you, among other things, used fractional period for CCI. We have clarified already that CCI CAN NOT HAVE FRACTIONAL PERIOD since then the cci calculated is WRONG

And even like that, when periods are set as integer values, they are giving exactly the same values and results at the same bars with same settings

all the best

Files:
cci_4.gif 104 kb
MikhaelPankov
MikhaelPankov  

Upgrading to nmc-please!

Good morning, Mladen ! Could it be possible, please, to convert these two indicators

to the nmc one ?

Thank you in advance, Mikhael.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
Mikhael Pankov:
Good morning, Mladen ! Could it be possible, please, to convert these two indicators

to the nmc one ?

Thank you in advance, Mikhael.

Here is this one first : dynamic_zones_cci_pre-filtered_averages_nmc.mq4

One option added : useLevelsForColors. If set to true, it uses the fixed over bought and oversold levels for color changes of the CCI. If set to false, then it uses dynamic zone levels for coloring (like on the example picture). Also it is updated to have all the 20 types of averages