MACD indicator - page 53

question for mladen

mladen:
Big Joe These should be the correct one. As far as I was testing it and comparing it to DEMA MACD it is working correctly now and the repainting issue should be solved in this one (tested it in run-time as well as in back-test and I haven't noticed those issues now). Here s how it compares to DEMA MACD now

hello mladen,

hoping you could answer something for me.

i am currently using this indicator on a renko chart eur/usd (box size 10) with this indicator dema macd set to a 240 timeframe..

my question/issue is that the indicator has projected the zone out forward into time, ending at 12:00 on my charts. i checked the minute chart and it has not done this nor has it done it for other time frames.

so basically what i am looking at is a chart with no candles on it going forward, as it should be, but the zone is already filled in.

hope you can help and i am including the renko advisor that i am using.renkolivechart_v3.2.mq4

thanks

Files:

godrich

The problem is how renko charts treat time : it is time independent. That is why, if you try to apply a multi time frame indicator to it, in most cases it will not work as expected (simply the data for time saved in each bar is not compatible with each other - one does not "take care of time at all" (renko) and the other is "all about time" (the multi time frame))

godrich:
hello mladen,

hoping you could answer something for me.

i am currently using this indicator on a renko chart eur/usd (box size 10) with this indicator set to a 240 timeframe..

my question/issue is that the indicator has projected the zone out forward into time, ending at 12:00 on my charts. i checked the minute chart and it has not done this nor has it done it for other time frames.

so basically what i am looking at is a chart with no candles on it going forward, as it should be, but the zone is already filled in.

hope you can help and i am including the renko advisor that i am using.renkolivechart_v3.2.mq4

thanks

mladen:
godrich The problem is how renko charts treat time : it is time independent. That is why, if you try to apply a multi time frame indicator to it, in most cases it will not work as expected (simply the data for time saved in each bar is not compatible with each other - one does not "take care of time at all" (renko) and the other is "all about time" (the multi time frame))

thanks for the quick reply and explanation.

oddly the indicator was working perfectly until just now, when the zone suddenly projected forward into empty space.

this did come at the time when the indicator gave an alert of a trend change, but i have not seen it do this before.

godrich

Alert do not have anything with that (alerts in that indicator strictly depend on a state of one buffer so it can not interfere with display). That projection into empty space is due to adding a second time parameter to the colored box (the "box" has the starting time (left bound) and ending time (right bound)) If the time of the current renko bar is not in a "standard" format then calculating the "right" bound is wrong and that is almost sure what is happening to you : the non-standard time (compared to "regular" charts) renko is producing, is causng it

godrich:
thanks for the quick reply and explanation.

oddly the indicator was working perfectly until just now, when the zone suddenly projected forward into empty space.

this did come at the time when the indicator gave an alert of a trend change, but i have not seen it do this before.

MACD + pivots ...

Pivoting today MACD with an addition of pivots (maybe MACD is even more logical choice due to being unbound)

Files:

MACD lines
Files:

mladen:
Pivoting today MACD with an addition of pivots (maybe MACD is even more logical choice due to being unbound)

hello mladen

make it in mtf version with arrow signal

thanks in advance

Mladen,please pay attention to the request in 510 post

Riksha

I am afraid that I do not understand what are you asking for in that post. If you are refering to line drawing OSMA value outline, it is already there in version 1.2

Riksha:
Mladen,please pay attention to the request in 510 post

I need a line on top of the MACD histogram as well as Osma , not found in settings, in version 1.2 in my opinion there is no line ,please tell me how to make a line,thanks in advance

Reason: